shape
carat
color
clarity

Consignment/Antique/Vintage Furniture Shopping...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
This has become a hobby, perhaps a new obsession of mine. Anyone else out there??? Care to share some of your best finds?

April20

Ideal_Rock
I got a really fabulous bedroom set off Craig''s List about three years ago. It''s from the 20s or 30s (not really sure) and has fabulous detailing. The bed is a double and the footboard has returns on each side that go back towards the headboard about 12" before tapering off. It''s really, really lovely. I have the matching chest of drawers (graduated size drawers) and dresser with mirror. It is nearly my favorite furniture in the house. I think the only reason I got it was that the lady took one picture of all three pieces from across the yard. She had it in the yard for a yard sale and it didn''t sell. I emailed her immediately and drove out. Bought it on the spot for a SONG.

I also have four dining room chairs in my basement. I drove by a yard sale and saw them. I liked the shape, but didn''t know how salvageable they were so I called DH and sent him to look. Told him to buy them if he could get a good price. He did and they''ve been down there for over a year. I am going to paint them glossy white and reupholster the seats with zebra print. Or at least that''s the plan. When I get to it.
1.gif

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/20/2010 6:24:47 PM
Author: April20
I got a really fabulous bedroom set off Craig''s List about three years ago. It''s from the 20s or 30s (not really sure) and has fabulous detailing. The bed is a double and the footboard has returns on each side that go back towards the headboard about 12'' before tapering off. It''s really, really lovely. I have the matching chest of drawers (graduated size drawers) and dresser with mirror. It is nearly my favorite furniture in the house. I think the only reason I got it was that the lady took one picture of all three pieces from across the yard. She had it in the yard for a yard sale and it didn''t sell. I emailed her immediately and drove out. Bought it on the spot for a SONG.

I also have four dining room chairs in my basement. I drove by a yard sale and saw them. I liked the shape, but didn''t know how salvageable they were so I called DH and sent him to look. Told him to buy them if he could get a good price. He did and they''ve been down there for over a year. I am going to paint them glossy white and reupholster the seats with zebra print. Or at least that''s the plan. When I get to it.
1.gif

Sounds FAB! 2010 is the year that the dining set will become a reality/
2.gif
9.gif

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
AHHHHH we can''t wait for spring to hit up the garage sales!

We recently bought a gorgeous wooden dresser off CL for $35. We sanded it down and re-stained it very dark espresso. With a few knobs from Anthropologie, and it turned out gorgeous! Definitely a piece we''ll have forever! Also currently working on a Martha Washington sewing table...will try to get some photos up!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I love consignment shopping! BF''s family has really turned me on to it. There''s a chair at my favourite store that I really really want, but since it''s 5 hours away, I have to see if it''s still there when we go back. Doubtful, but if it is, it''s mine! I''ll take pictures of my stuff later - I''ve got a great rocking chair and some beautiful dishes and little bitty glasses that are all gifts from BF''s mom. I completely adore them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results