shape
carat
color
clarity

Confession - DH is out of town for a week and I've been BAD!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Sunday - I had Nachos Bell Grande and a Taco Supreme from Taco Bell.
Monday - I had IN-N-OUT Burger
Tuesday - I had a Double Cheeseburger value meal and a Frosty from Wendy's.
Today - I had more Nachos Bell Grande and a bean and cheese burrito.

Now I want Christmas Cookies and Wine Coolers!!!

I've only done the dishes once since he left and I haven't vacuumed or done the laundry.

I don't feel guilty about it.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Confession - DH is out of town for a week and I've been

LAJennifer|1289445613|2760785 said:
Sunday - I had Nachos Bell Grande and a Taco Supreme from Taco Bell.
Monday - I had IN-N-OUT Burger
Tuesday - I had a Double Cheeseburger value meal and a Frosty from Wendy's.
Today - I had more Nachos Bell Grande and a bean and cheese burrito.

Now I want Christmas Cookies and Wine Coolers!!!

I've only done the dishes once since he left and I haven't vacuumed or done the laundry.

I don't feel guilty about it.

My hero! Bravo! Bravo!!! :appl:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

btw, I hit up the frozen food section when TGuy goes out of town and my kid eats PB&J and hot dogs all week. Liberating.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal|1289445761|2760788 said:
btw, I hit up the frozen food section when TGuy goes out of town and my kid eats PB&J and hot dogs all week. Liberating.

It feels so good, doesn't it? Though I wonder if I would ever do the laundry or dishes if he weren't to return . . . probably not.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock

I think that sounds like the best week ever!

charbie

Ideal_Rock

Haha...I do the same thing. Sushi, milkshakes, dogs in bed...bring it!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock

MonkeyPie|1289446273|2760809 said:
I think that sounds like the best week ever!

You know . . . I think it is!!!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock

charbie|1289446536|2760819 said:
Haha...I do the same thing. Sushi, milkshakes, dogs in bed...bring it!

OMG!!!! I am sooooo having sushi and milkshakes tomorrow (together, of course)! And maybe one of those new pumpkin turnover pies from Mickey D's.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock

And I've been taking ambien long before I go to bed - trying to see if I'll do something crazy (I haven't). When I do go to bed, I take Wellington (I make him go to bed at night because he is a piggy and locking him up at night is the only way that my other 2 cats can free feed) and turn on the radio to "Coast to Coast". We scare ourselves silly with the ghost and ufo stories as we fall asleep.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

Sounds like we're having the same week, LAJennifer! Though my weeks are often as bad when DH *is* in town. :rolleyes: Have you tried the Popeye's Crawfish Special? Oh those biscuits ..

I also recommend the Petite Vanilla Scones from Starbucks ... the Gingerbread Latte from Dunkin Donuts ... And Popeye's new Cane Sugar Sweet Tea. :lickout:

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock

decodelighted|1289447115|2760843 said:
Sounds like we're having the same week, LAJennifer! Though my weeks are often as bad when DH *is* in town. :rolleyes: Have you tried the Popeye's Crawfish Special? Oh those biscuits ..

I also recommend the Petite Vanilla Scones from Starbucks ... the Gingerbread Latte from Dunkin Donuts ... And Popeye's new Cane Sugar Sweet Tea. :lickout:

Holy $hit!!!! I'm putting Popeye's on the menu for Friday. Also today - Electra wanted some of my nachos and I let her eat them . . . on the carpet!

And Deco - next time you are at Popeyes, order a plain biscuit. Bring it home, fill it with pepperoni and cheese whiz and pop it in the microwave. Absolute HEAVEN!!!!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock

This is weird, but for me, it's the opposite. We don't even live together, but when BF travels for work, I tend to get way more structured, I work out more, and I actually cook (I hate cooking)!

I don't even know why this happens, 'cause it's not like when he's around we're big ol' slobs or anything. He works out almost everyday and likes cooking good things for us, I just can't seem to get on the work-out/cooking train when he's around.

WTF is wrong with me??

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock

Starsparkle, there is nothing wrong with you. Ideally, that is probably how it SHOULD be. Just wait until you've been married for a few years . . .

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock

LAJennifer|1289448545|2760881 said:
Starsparkle, there is nothing wrong with you. Ideally, that is probably how it SHOULD be. Just wait until you've been married for a few years . . .

Haha, I know there's nothing wrong with me, but thanks for confirming that for me. :twirl:

Back in September he was gone for 2 weeks and I can say without a doubt that I've never cleaned, cooked, or organized more in my entire life than those 2 weeks. He was so impressed when he got back because I cooked him like 5 new things I'd never made for him before that I practiced while he was gone. He thought I *couldn't* cook because I never do, but he quickly learned that I don't cook mostly because I just don't have the patience for it.

But man, my apartment got a complete overhaul while he was gone, and I think I lost 5 pounds in those 2 weeks from the combination of working out more and such. Maybe he needs to go away more often!

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock

Ok so i'm not married, so I do pretty much whatever I want, when I want to when I'm not spending time with my bf. So should I be worried that things will completely change and I will have to be this health food cooking neat freak who can't drop food on the carpet for my cats anymore?? :o

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock

FuturePsyD|1289452434|2760952 said:
Ok so i'm not married, so I do pretty much whatever I want, when I want to when I'm not spending time with my bf. So should I be worried that things will completely change and I will have to be this health food cooking neat freak who can't drop food on the carpet for my cats anymore?? :o

YES. You should be very worried. LOL!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

LAJennifer|1289447419|2760851 said:
decodelighted|1289447115|2760843 said:

Holy $hit!!!! I'm putting Popeye's on the menu for Friday. Also today - Electra wanted some of my nachos and I let her eat them . . . on the carpet!

And Deco - next time you are at Popeyes, order a plain biscuit. Bring it home, fill it with pepperoni and cheese whiz and pop it in the microwave. Absolute HEAVEN!!!!

You gals are killing me! I loved to order a whole dozen Popeye's biscuits, and just eat the biscuits by themselves....no chicken, or anything! They are the best, but cannot be found where I live!!!!!!!!

les12

Shiny_Rock

ok so my husband's job requires him to be gone for 3 weeks, every 3 weeks:( and I'm trying to make use of every single thing from our pantry and it's quite a challenge but I like it!! You would be surprised what you can come up with from your pantry and freezer!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

I just got back from dinner, and I'm already hungry again reading this. Girl, you are my hero!

I soooo want macaroons (NOT the coconut kind) and Krispy Kreme donuts right now. Neither of which are available to me. I need to be back in a city!!!

les12

Shiny_Rock

B.E.G.|1289454472|2760997 said:
I just got back from dinner, and I'm already hungry again reading this. Girl, you are my hero!

I soooo want macaroons (NOT the coconut kind) and Krispy Kreme donuts right now. Neither of which are available to me. I need to be back in a city!!!
What am I missing - non-coconut macaroons????!?!?!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

That sounds absolutely awesome.

If it makes you even happier---I had a cheesesteak back to back nights along with chocolate chip cheesecake :lickout: sushi is tomorrow :lickout:

les12

Shiny_Rock

Y'all have convinced me to order sushi takeout tomorrow night. THANKS!! really:)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

les12|1289454837|2761008 said:

What am I missing - non-coconut macaroons????!?!?!

OMG the greatest cookies IN THE WORLD. French macaroons are heaven.

These delicious guys - YUM

There was this little French bakery in Hyde Park in Chicago that had them. Bliss. You can also get them in the department stores' food court/floor in Tokyo - soooo many yummy flavors. Want.

220px-Macarons_001.jpg

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock

B.E.G.|1289455182|2761015 said:
les12|1289454837|2761008 said:
I just got back from

OMG the greatest cookies IN THE WORLD. French macaroons are heaven.

These delicious guys - YUM

There was this little French bakery in Hyde Park in Chicago that had them. Bliss. You can also get them in the department stores' food court/floor in Tokyo - soooo many yummy flavors. Want.

220px-Macarons_001.jpg

OMG - this pic just reminded me. The first few times I saw pics of macaroons, I thought they were multicolored cheeseburgers. I feel like such an idiot! Now I HAVE to try them! LOL!!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock

les12|1289453700|2760976 said:
ok so my husband's job requires him to be gone for 3 weeks, every 3 weeks:( and I'm trying to make use of every single thing from our pantry and it's quite a challenge but I like it!! You would be surprised what you can come up with from your pantry and freezer!!

Fill us in on some of your more "unique" creations . . .

les12

Shiny_Rock

You might not want to know... haha just kidding!!

Those macaroons I have seen before, yummy!!!

As far as my pantry "creations" I just have seriously stretched the usage of pasta, frozen chicken breast, veggies. Oh and WINE:) I miss my husband!!!!!! (And that's all the "whining" I am allowed, ok?)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

reading the title of this thread i thought you did something naughty... :naughty:

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock

LAJennifer|1289453595|2760973 said:
FuturePsyD|1289452434|2760952 said:

YES. You should be very worried. LOL!
:???:

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock

Dancing Fire|1289458918|2761098 said:
reading the title of this thread i thought you did something naughty... :naughty:

DF - why must your mind always be in the gutter?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LAJennifer|1289460746|2761141 said:
Dancing Fire|1289458918|2761098 said:

DF - why must your mind always be in the gutter?
:lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results