shape
carat
color
clarity

Cat Owners????

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My cat fills his water bowl with his toys. Each day I clean it out and fill it with fresh water but this is what I always find.
See pictures?

Does anyone else have a cat that does this?

Is it a breed thing? He's a Bengal.

_11969.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Bengals like to play in water. And...cats are odd in general so...My cats scoop their dry food out of the bowl, across the floor and up into their water bowl--then smack it around and bat at it and splash around. Weird.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you tried multiple water bowls? I have one that is just a cup next to the bathroom vanity. That gets used for drinking only. The rest of the bowls have weird things happen to them.

And bengals love water. I'd just give him more water bowls.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol. My savannahs do the same thing. Common trait with both breeds.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does your cat do other things like scratch the floor or wall by his water/food bowl? Cats are really funny about their food/water bowls and I've read can be territorial, as well (which is what the scratching part is). He could be playing or could be claiming his water.

My cat will only drink out of a fish bowl. We had a betta bowl on the counter and he would only drink from that and after a couple of years and a couple of bettas later, we decided to not have more fish so we moved the no-fish bowl next to his food bowl. Just a couple weeks ago, we put another betta in so we now have a betta bowl next to his food with a betta swimming around.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Toys in the water dish is a problem across all breeds! And my very typical mixed-breed shorthairs have now decided that the only good drinking water comes out of a porcelain cup......

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's just the outdoor (screened porch) water dish.. the one indoors in the laundry room is also full of toys. He loves to drink from the tub but he will not stand in the water he hangs on the edge... Which I've had a cat that did that she loved to drink from the faucet.. I've just never had a cat that marinates all his toys all the time. I empty it.. he puts them right back in. Silly Animal there's no seasoning in there to make them taste better! :bigsmile:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I guess he likes his water with additions to it! Cute, really. My plain old alley cat is fascinated by water going down the kitchen sink drain. He almost gets his head wet, shoving his face right up close to where water swirls around as it goes down. One of these days he's gonna fall right in & go down the drain himself.

--- Laurie

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, yes cats can be/are strange haha. Mine are just fascinated by water of all kinds and can watch the faucet for as long as I leave it running. And Francesca loves to hit the water that is running from the faucet with her paw. They have also left toys in their water dishes but not too often. More often than that one of our cats (Bobby) likes to throw his food bowl on the floor (I feed them on the kitchen island) when he wants more food hehe. Spoiled little brat. He also loves to hang out in our guest bathroom sink. Go figure because if we ever try to bathe them fuggedaboutit! :cheeky:

Cannot help but love them! :love:

bobby_frankie_tommy_water_fun.jpg

bobbyhangingoutinsink.jpg

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
My bengal does this too. I use old mugs for their water dishes because its the only thing that seems to keep her from putting her toys in the water. And my other cat (I'm not sure of her breed) splashes the water out of the dish with her front paws so there are puddles on the floor everyday. Yes, cats are odd.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a bengal too and my hair ties (and other toys/things) are often in her dish bowl as well. Glad to see mine isn't the only weird one!

She's not doing so hot right now though-we've moved stairs-both upstairs and down-knocked down many walls-etc and she's not to happy with us.

She actually tried to go down stairs while they were being moved while there was still a hole in both floors where the stairs used to be and fell though the holes 2 stories and landed in the basement. She's fine-thank God-but she didn't think that was funny at all!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He finds keen interest in the strangest things.. Hair ties were a favorite but tape on boxes are the catnip of his life! (He could care less about real catnip... Turns and walks away). But give him a package that is taped he will work for hours to get off the smallest piece of tape and then proceed to chase it all over the house.

He's such an odd creature from any cat I've ever owned.

Missy your black one Fracesca is my fav!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Love the tape, Mayk! Nothing like a cat who insists on doing a job well, lol.

Missy, your cats are beautiful!! So healthy and busy. Is that Tommy with his head in the sink? Exactly what my Joey does -- he'd sit there all day staring at the drain if I left the water on.

I had a cat when I was a teenager who LOVED to dial the phone -- yes, back in the old dial age. She had 6 toes on her front paws & they got stuck in the little dial holes; she'd yank & yank to get free -- really fun when you were on the phone & she cut it off. Her 2 extra toes were where a thumb would be on a human hand -- & she used them like that. When she figured it was breakfast time (4 a.m.-ish by her clock, not mine) she grabbed my covers with her furry "hands" & pulled them off me!

--- Laurie

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that's really cute, Mayk!! Its like he's marinating them in water - does that make them a better chew when he's ready for them??

Ava - the 7 year lab - does the same thing w any ball she finds. Apparently, it is best if just left stored in the stainless bowls - full of water or not. Weird...!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
We have two cats. One of them, Mia, will play with one particular string and paper balls. We always find her string in her food and the paper balls in her water. She also scratches by her water bowl. She's very territorial. She often takes her string and lays it around her food dish as if to tell our other kitty not to cross the barrier...and then our male cat would not cross it! I read somewhere that cats who have special toys/treasures will keep them near their food and water dishes like they're valuable.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1384619458|3557593 said:
He finds keen interest in the strangest things.. Hair ties were a favorite but tape on boxes are the catnip of his life! (He could care less about real catnip... Turns and walks away). But give him a package that is taped he will work for hours to get off the smallest piece of tape and then proceed to chase it all over the house.

He's such an odd creature from any cat I've ever owned.

Missy your black one Fracesca is my fav!

Thanks MayK. She loves you too! This is just for you. I should title this pic "A face only a mother could love"? :bigsmile:

JewelFreak said:
Love the tape, Mayk! Nothing like a cat who insists on doing a job well, lol.

Missy, your cats are beautiful!! So healthy and busy. Is that Tommy with his head in the sink? Exactly what my Joey does -- he'd sit there all day staring at the drain if I left the water on.

I had a cat when I was a teenager who LOVED to dial the phone -- yes, back in the old dial age. She had 6 toes on her front paws & they got stuck in the little dial holes; she'd yank & yank to get free -- really fun when you were on the phone & she cut it off. Her 2 extra toes were where a thumb would be on a human hand -- & she used them like that. When she figured it was breakfast time (4 a.m.-ish by her clock, not mine) she grabbed my covers with her furry "hands" & pulled them off me!

--- Laurie

Thanks Laurie. Yes that's Tommy. He's is the most curious of our kitties. He can get himself into trouble like no one else can. The adventures we have had with him OMG. It's a good thing they have nine lives!

MayK-hope you don't mind me posting all these pics of my furbabies. I don't mean to threadjack!!!

frankie_10.jpg

tommy_s_cone_of_0.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your threadjack.... our fur babies are the best...

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One cat I was privileged to know and love (the late great Fleabus) always dipped his paw in his water bowl before he would drink. It's their universe. They deign to let us live in it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results