shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling DKS...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been following the "what to do" thread in FH&H, and today I saw this post that you wrote:

Date: 11/7/2007 2:50:33 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
I had car trouble yesterday. I am a member of AAA but my husband wouldn't hear of my calling them. He dropped what he was doing...canceled all his meetings...and within 30 minutes he was at my side. It was the coldest day of our year so far, and as I sat in his car warmed by the heater...he was out in the cold front winds taking the blast for me.

I watched his face as the cold wind blasted his. His eyes were watering from the frigid air. I knew there were many other places he would rather be. But at that moment I knew...under my car hood was where he was supposed to be.

I thought of your dilemma...and I pondered if I had the same information what I would do with it. I watched him grimace...the cold getting colder. No doubt in my mind...I would press the delete button.

So I write one more entry to encourage you and support your marriage. My encouraging posts/view are a minority in this thread, so I will refrain from any more. Maybe they have been enough to help...just a little.

DKS
Your words struck SUCH a chord with me. I didn't want to post this on that thread because I thought it would be counter-productive to the OP's plight... but I had to tell you how much that one post has impacted me today.

I've been struggling with a bit of cold feet as of late, and what you wrote just made all of "what truly matters" rush back to me. Your posts are always helpful (sometimes comic relief, sometimes much-needed insight) but I just had to thank you for writing that... even though it was in no way directed towards me.

Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That post struck a chord with me as well. DKS is a wise woman!!!
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I find a lot of her posts like that - well written, well meaning, and quite thought provoking, that one definitely included!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally agree. I was moved by that post as well ... funnily enough my now DH rescued me from a broken down car situation during a time we were kind of questioning our relationship. Had just started dating again after a "break" & so much about that particular incident transformed our relationship & helped humble me a bit.
41.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 1:26:49 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I find a lot of her posts like that - well written, well meaning, and quite thought provoking, that one definitely included!!
emthup.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 1:55:17 PM
Author: VegasAngel

Date: 11/9/2007 1:26:49 PM
Author: FireGoddess
emthup.gif
ditto. DKS is one of my faves
2.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I agree, that post was very thought provoking, as are many of DKS's posts.
I love her personality and what she writes and how she writes it. Her posts are always appropriate and thought out. Truly one of PSs gems!
emrose.gif
emlove.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I read it too, and consequently refrained from posting anything else, I mean why bother she touched me and I hope the OP too.

DKS, they broke the mold lady, they broke the mold.
12.gif
28.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Agreed. DKS is one special lady. Love your posts, your wit, your thoughtfulness.

Hoping you stick around and keep contributing for a long time. You are much appreciated here.
35.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 6:46:06 PM
Author: Richard Sherwood
I miss DKS too. She was cool.
Am I missing something here? DKS is still around right?
She has a great sense of humour...and always very helpful...

laine

Brilliant_Rock
That post made me think of my boyfriend as well. A few years ago, I got in a car accident in the snow, and he drove several hours through the storm to come and get me. My parents hadn''t yet met him at the time, but that forever endeared him to them.

Not sure if any of you have heard the country song "find out who your friends are" but it reminds me of the same incident:
Find out who your friends are
Somebody’s gonna drop everything
Run out and crank up their car
Hit the gas, get there fast
Never stop to think “what’s in it for me?”
Or “it’s way too far”
They just show on up
With their big ol’ heart
Find out who your friends are.

(I actually always hear "they just show on up with their big ol'' car" as my BF was driving a huge boat of a car at the time)

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
We love DKS!!!!

I didn't see that post by her. I'm so glad you posted it here Musey. It speaks volumes.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 7:42:49 PM
Author: scarleta

Date: 11/9/2007 6:46:06 PM
Author: Richard Sherwood
I miss DKS too. She was cool.
Am I missing something here? DKS is still around right?
She has a great sense of humour...and always very helpful...
She''s here!!! Sure she will respond soon. Maybe she''s waiting to think up something extra witty??
31.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 8:38:34 PM
Author: Kaleigh

She''s here!!! Sure she will respond soon. Maybe she''s waiting to think up something extra witty??
31.gif
And that would be SO like her!!
9.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love DKS''s fun, smart posts as well. She would be a great friend to have in real life, I suspect...and I know she''s a great friend to have online!

DKS, you''re great!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! Oh MY! What a unexpected treat! You all are having a party in my favor and I spent the day doing mundane life stuff when I could have been here all along wearing a silly party hat, with a noise maker...and tooting my horn with the rest of you! Don''t stop!! Hello? Hey you still here?? Anybody?

Musey, it was most thoughtful of you to open this thread. Learning you may have gotten the just of it, and in some small way helped warmed those chilly tootsies, makes it all worth while! After I posted that I worried and worried that most would think I was bragging about my husband as if to say Ha look what I have! I so hope the OP got my intention of trying to focus on the positive column...the years of collecting the positive deposits...etc. Sometimes forgiving/ forgetting/ or moving on can be initiated by focusing on the mundane...everyday nominal things that fill our days. I was hoping that it may trigger her thoughts of redemption in the same way. Thanks again for expressing to me that it helped you. What a blessing to learn!! I heart you sweetie!!!

As for the rest of you...thank you...each and everyone! Except for Sherwood
2.gif
, (as he is referring to me in the past tense as if I have already bit the dust. Hope he is not prophetic!) ~ all of your words are most generous and kind. And frankly, if I were a wise woman, as some have expressed, I would leave PS and go out on this high note. Because there is no way I can live up to...and continue the level of quality you all think I am capable of. I don''t want to sign on some day and learn I jumped the shark! (You young whippersnappers probably don''t know what that means...) It is all down hill from here!!

Thanks again, gang. You''re the best!! I heart
emlove.gif
you all!!

DKS

Sorry too embarrassed to comeback with any form of wit...Fonzie is that you?

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for that DKS: glad to have you back here.You see you can''t leave us...We need you here..

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Finally on vacation and catching up on some of these threads...better late than never, right?
9.gif

My diamond twinkie, you have always been my favorite poster here on PS...thanks for always keeping things in perspective and for giving us much needed relief at the most opportune times.

You''re the best! HUGS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results