shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling crafty women! (and men!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I saw this headband on TV and
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
! It looked so fabulous, and I have wild curly hair that would love a headband like this! Problem is, it costs $420. On sale.
14.gif

SOOOOOOOO... how can I make one? What would I need?
9.gif

Thanks in advance for your tips and suggestions!

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Would that be the Hills you were watching...?? ;-) I am a total watcher and saw it on Whitney, it is super cute!

All I can think is for you to find some similar ''discs'' or beads at a craft store and wire it to a headband. I am really not helpful - but I do think its cute!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 2:47:24 PM
Author: julesbeth
Would that be the Hills you were watching...?? ;-) I am a total watcher and saw it on Whitney, it is super cute!

All I can think is for you to find some similar ''discs'' or beads at a craft store and wire it to a headband. I am really not helpful - but I do think its cute!

Guilty as charged! I was thinking it might be a fun holiday project, but I was hoping for some guidance before I make a spectacle of myself AND the headband
9.gif

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Hi oddly enough that might not be too hard to do...if you want the exact thing a bit harder slight modifications easier

I can most easliy be done in PMC (precious metal clay) for the base...not something you can just go out and buy (you need a kiln, cetification etc.) you have to make it...and set swarovski crystals in it

Best bet would be to would be to locate your local bead store...mostmany of them do PMC and they can help you make it...

Swarovski's are actually not that expensive...more if you buy them retail...less online (www.bluemud.com) my favorite. The center bead is probably a 'rivoli' and the smaller beads 'bicones' 5301...could be rounds...but they are more expensive

the ther way would be to stich the beads together...not as sturdy IMO

I don't do PMC...myself...

But if you let me know you general location I might be able to help you find a place

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results