shape
carat
color
clarity

Been around the block a few times?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
How many Significant Others did you have before you found your Forever Person? (hubby, wife, life partner, FI, BF/GF...cat... whoever you count!)

12.gif

4ever

Ideal_Rock
None. BF is my first real relationship. I went on a couple of dates before him but that''s it.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
4 relationships. Of those one was a live in relationship.

Dated other guys, but not for very long. Not counting those as relationships as they never really got past the "trial period."

What about you trillionaire?

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
FI had dated 10 women, only one of those he considers to be a serious relationship.

I dated 5 people none of which I would classify as serious
3.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
None. I went on dates, and had short relationships, but none of them I would consider serious. I certainly never considered them a SO.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 2:58:23 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker
4 relationships. Of those one was a live in relationship.

Dated other guys, but not for very long. Not counting those as relationships as they never really got past the 'trial period.'

What about you trillionaire?
FI is my second relationship. The first one was a short practice run, and we are still friends.
21.gif
I also went on a handful of dates, and even went speed dating once! It was a blast!

I'm FI's only relationship
30.gif
I really love that! We've known each other for 9 years! I love that too!
19.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Very sweet Trillonaire - sounds like you guys have a good foundation for the future.

In reading the other replies, I guess the live in relationship would be my only other serious relationship. The others were during college. I feel like I learned a lot, but never really expected them to go anywhere.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I had a lot of dates (a few weeks), quite a few mini-relationships (a few months) and 2 serious, long term relationships (a few years) before meeting my SO.
So after kissing a lot of frogs, I am sure that I have finally found my prince!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 2:41:18 AM
Author: 4ever
None. BF is my first real relationship. I went on a couple of dates before him but that''s it.

I''m the same. DH is my first relationship.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
I am really not proud to say this... but I have been married a total of 4 times
15.gif

I had my fair share of abusive, deceitful and ill tempered relationships in my life...
Apparently, I didn't made wise choices before... But my now husband and I dated for more than 3 years and everything
seems right... it feels rights. I know he's the one. I have no doubt.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Let''s see....I dated a few guys in HS and then one in college before BF, with a few quick flings in between each. So that''s....6 or 7 guys that I was involved with before BF. He casually dated a few girls, but we''re each others first serious relationship, and we plan on being each other''s only serious relationship.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
1 real relationship...
about 10 other boys before that

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 4:23:04 AM
Author: bee*

Date: 8/19/2009 2:41:18 AM
Author: 4ever

I''m the same. DH is my first relationship.
Ditto! :) He is my first relationship and I am his first relationship as well. My FF and I have been together for 9 years. Started dating when I was 15 going on 16 and we have been together ever since. I had 2 bf''s before him, but one lasted a month and another 2 months. They were in High School so I''d hardly call them serious!
3.gif

And not to get mushy, but i adore the fact that I grew up with FF and we have shared so much of our lives together. I''ve actually seen the man he has become throughout the years, and spent the best years of my life with him already in it. I also love that i know EXACTLY where hes "been". Could never date a guy that had 50+ sexual partners. LOL

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
well considering that I dated the entire UNITED NATIONS
31.gif
...I had really just 2 serious relationships before meeting my husband. The first was at 16yr so I'm not sure if that counts but it was my first real boyfriend
14.gif
...2nd one was a 4 yr relationship that I ended after realizing this wasn't for me and I deserved more. THEN on a trip to Cancun Mexico (6mo after my big breakup) I met my husband. Who knew...I went to Mexico to get away and I met another NYer. That was 17yr ago.

As for around the block...I think I've been around MANY blocks. I'm glad that I dated a lot. It really showed me who I am and what I deserved in love
30.gif

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
I''d say there were about 10 relationships that I really learned from before meeting my FF. Some were what someone would consider serious and more long-term, and some were less than a year long and less serious. But from all of them, I realized more about myself and learned about what I needed and wanted from a relationship.

Outside of those relationships, I dated A LOT! At least it felt like a lot... And I think that helped me, too. It gave me a lot of perspective on people and humbled me from time to time, as well. I think it also helped me understand men a little better and appreciate the amazingly wonderful man I have now.
1.gif

Oh, and I should probably say I''m 34, just for a little context.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Two serious relationships (one was in high school, so not really "serious" I suppose. It just felt like it at the time).
One one-night stand with a friend (more of a "we''re both miserable and attracted to each other so why not??" we''re still friends)
One summer fling (TOTAL jerk. But God. Great in bed.)

And a couple of trips onto the other side of the fence ;-)

I''m DH''s only serious relationship. It''s so cute. :)

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Around 8 boys pre-Mr. Kama. Most of them were in high school! Only one serious out of them.

I was Mr. Kama''s first real relationship, he had one fling before me.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I only had one long-term relationship (4 years) before DH, and that was during college and a couple years after. I went on a lot of dates before and after that, and they were fun, but never anything serious.

DH had two long-term relationships before we met, and a lot of dates.

When we started dating, I was 23 and he was 34. We were 27 and 38 when we married. Neither of us had ever been married before, nor had we ever lived with anyone.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Starting from age 18:

3.5 yr relatioship
4 month relationship
1.5 yr relationship
Dated a bit
1 yr relationship
Dated a bit
3 month relationship
DH (we dated for 2 yrs, have been married for 3)

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
I had one serious relationship before FI, and we are still good friends. FI had one serious relationship before me, but she cheated on him and he prefers not to speak to her now because she pulls him into her drama (she just cheated on her husband and got divorced). I dated a few other guys, but I wouldn''t classify any other than the 1 as serious.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I had 2 pretty serious relationships before FI. A couple of flings in between...and actually I call FI my one night stand gone wrong. Haha. I guess I was the one who wouldn''t leave! Doesn''t help I didn''t have a car to get back to my house...oops.

FI had no girlfriends before me. A couple of hook ups in college, but none he ever brought home. His friends were all shocked when they found out he actually had a girlfriend!

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
4.5 serious relationships prior to current, of those I lived with 2 and 1 was my ex husband. And the .5 is because I was with someone on and off for 10 years in between the serious relationships; it''s a little difficult to explain.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
I had a serious boyfriend for 2.5 years in university, till I realized he was not right for me. A few dates before him, a brief fling after him that I knew would lead to nothing. And then DH, who I''ve been with for nearly 12 years, married just over 4.

DH, on the other hand, was a slut before he met me. :) I''m the only girl he ever brought home to meet the family. The rest were one-night stands or fairly brief relationships. I think there were probably 1-2 slightly more serious ones in there, nothing over 1 year though.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I was curious about this because I''ve spent basically all of my 20''s with FI. I would never trade that, but I remember imagining my 20''s as a time were I would casually date around and meet new and interesting men and do new and interesting things. (FI and I are always doing new things, but that''s not quite what I mean...) Kind of like sex and the city, minus the sex (I''m a prude).
3.gif
Anyway, it just made me curious about what other people were up to. I tell FI all the time that he duped me and took the best years of my life!
3.gif
But I wouldn''t have it any other way.

Love reading everyone''s stories!
36.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm... I never think of this, so I did have to stop and count.

Seven. Five in high school, two in college before I met my husband (in our second year of undergrad). All under a year, most under six months. I tend(ed?) to get bored easily. None of my breakups were over big issues, they were all due to boredom... usually kicking in after a couple of months. I always wanted something new and shiny
9.gif

Hubs has stayed shiny lookin' for 5.5 years now
3.gif
28.gif

I like KimberlyH's format:
Starting from age 13:

8 month relationship
-Single for ~a year, no dating
2 month relationship
4 month relationship
-Single for ~a year, dated a bit
4 month relationship (oh, those summer romances
31.gif
lol)
-Single for a few months, no dating
2 month relationship
-Single for a few months, dated a bit
3 month relationship
-Single for a few months, no dating
1 month relationship
-Single for a couple of months, no dating
Hubby

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a serial monogamist and haven''t been single for more than 3 weeks since I turned 17
38.gif
So honestly, I can''t count how many relationships I''ve had! I have been engaged 3 times, married once, divorced one. Not a good track record
39.gif
Hopefully this BF is THE ONE!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
hmmm.. I am one who liked to double dip the chip... so I can''t count.

As far as SERIOUS relationships that I felt the feelings were of LOVE, and of mostly-equal intensity, not hubba hubba- this is fun... I would say... 3.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I had one "serious" boyfriend when I was 16-17 (quotes used because at 16 it felt a lot more serious than it was in retrospect). I dated three or four guys in college very casually, as in maybe a couple of dates, and then I started dating DH my senior year of college.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results