Are you buying your SO a V-Day gift?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:))

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! I remembered his birthday is September 28... In early NOVEMBER last year... so probably not. But I'm going to try to make Christmas this year.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We don't do V Days and such. What about you, DF?

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We typically don't exchange, but this year he got me an early present of tickets to Billy Joel at Fenway Park. I am scrambling now to find something for him. He's impossible to buy for.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope. DH messed up Christmas, so I am definitely not getting him anything for V Day! However, I got Tiffany and Co from him picked out by me. :naughty:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
We just exchange little stuff like chocolates.

This year, we were going to go stay at a mountain lodge but are going to go the weekend after V-day because we have mountain passes that give us a free three-day pass any weekend after this coming one...

If DH wants to get himself a treat, he can... I think he wants a new TV, but he's been talking about it a while and has yet to confirm if he "needs" one.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
We usually just so a nice dinner in, possibly a small inside joke gift, and watch a movie together after the kids go to bed. Unfortunately, we will still be on separate continents for v-day, so we won't be doing any real type of "celebration" or gift giving.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, we don't really do much on Valentine's Day. We might get take out and stay in, but that's not much different than most other Friday nights.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We usually exchange Valentine's Day gifts (hey any excuse for gifts is always good) but for some reason we haven't even started thinking about VD gifts this year.

I don't have anything on my wish list (anything that is reasonably priced that is lol) and I casually asked my dh a few weeks ago about what he would like and he really doesn't want anything. So perhaps just a few small gifts this year. I do have my eye on a moto jacket but haven't narrowed it down yet to which one so that's an idea. Though I don't think of clothing/shoes as gifts. More as necessities. :cheeky:

We are doing a Valentine's brunch with friends on Sunday.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1392174643|3613316 said:
Nope. DH messed up Christmas, so I am definitely not getting him anything for V Day! However, I got Tiffany and Co from him picked out by me. :naughty:

:appl: That's the way to do it!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
No. He's getting me something, though, because Valentine's day is MY BIRTHDAY. :appl:

--- Laurie

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We are both the kind of people who are hard to buy for because if we want something we've already bought it lol. But he usually makes me surprise dinner and that kind of thing and I always get us tickets to some kind of event. This year it's going to be The Enchanted Island and the Metropolitan Opera. Our first opera so I'm looking forward to it!

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
We usually use Valentine's Day as an excuse to go out to some fancy restaurant we've been meaning to try. My fiance typically gets me flowers, and I get him a small gift - this year it's a wallet and one of those Victorinox SwissCards (he doesn't wear a pocket knife on him when he's in work clothes, and there have been many occasions where he really needed one).

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
We usually do dinner or something but the last few years (including this year) we both work on the day. I will probably make some nice brunch on the day of and I got him some little things, candy, etc. To make it interesting though, I filled an rx bottle with reese's pieces (both of our favorite) and made a custom rx label for him with a fake drug name and directions. (We are both pharmacists.) Super excited about my nerdy gift!!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
No gifts being exchanged, but we're going to see the Rocky Horror Picture Show musical a couple of days later -- really excited about that! :bigsmile:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
No gifts here either. We are going to see "Oliver!" at the local theater, though. Should be a nice date night.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband he lumps V day along with mother's day, etc as corporate made up holiday to make people buy stuff. So I have learned to expect nothing otherwise be disappointed. I did ask him to get a sitter so I could watch his band play next week for a Valentines day, and he may or may not do it (has not done it, and says he's not agreeing to do it). The most I will do is write him a sweet note. I do celebrate Valentines with the kids though.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Nope, since we are getting married the day after so that goes towards the wedding fund :bigsmile:

Huldak

Shiny_Rock
I bought FI a toy helicopter you control with brain waves. I'm very excited to give it to him.

He hasn't mentioned it, so I may be getting nothing!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
No gift, but I planned a date night....got childcare lined up and reservations at a nice restaurant. He whined about the fact that he always does the planning, so this year I planned and sent him a sexy text invite.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaysonsmom|1392247893|3613888 said:
No gift, but I planned a date night....got childcare lined up and reservations at a nice restaurant. He whined about the fact that he always does the planning, so this year I planned and sent him a sexy text invite.
Who is paying for dinner?... :bigsmile:

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
minmin001|1392236429|3613749 said:
Nope, since we are getting married the day after so that goes towards the wedding fund :bigsmile:[/

minmin001- that is so exciting congrats!

We usually like to try out restaurants in the area we haven't been to for Valentines Day. We are going to Marsel in Palos Verde this year Out door seating with heated lamps over looking the ocean and a full moon..that's amore ;-)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1392208523|3613469 said:
No. He's getting me something, though, because Valentine's day is MY BIRTHDAY. :appl:

--- Laurie

Happy Birthday Laurie!!! I hope all your bday wishes come true! :appl: :appl: :appl:

minmin001 said:
Nope, since we are getting married the day after so that goes towards the wedding fund :bigsmile:

Ooh, congratulations minmin! Sending you lots of wedding dust! :appl: :appl: :appl:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
part gypsy|1392227481|3613649 said:
My husband he lumps V day along with mother's day, etc as corporate made up holiday to make people buy stuff. So I have learned to expect nothing otherwise be disappointed. I did ask him to get a sitter so I could watch his band play next week for a Valentines day, and he may or may not do it (has not done it, and says he's not agreeing to do it). The most I will do is write him a sweet note. I do celebrate Valentines with the kids though.

I also celebrate Valentine's day with my kids and so far I've eaten about 1/2 of their chocolate and have to go and buy more. ahhh!!! :o

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1392208523|3613469 said:

--- Laurie

Hope you have a great birthday!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday Laurie!!!

May I suggest a chocolate dipped 1955 Berlinetta?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results