shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone use Magic Jack? (tired of paying high phone bills)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got my bill from AT&T for the house phone...I''m tired of paying so much $ per month for the phone (and cable too, but that''s a different thread)...

I saw a commercial for Magic Jack, it''s supposed to save a lot of $ but I''m not sure how it works...anyone use it, and do you like it?

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
I dont have magic jack, but I use skype. i have a skype cordless phone ( USB ) and calling US anc Canada landlines is $14.95 a year and when I call overseas like in germany, its like 2 cents a mins... can''t beat that.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
?????? Why would anyone have a too high home phone bill? Is it impossible to use your cell phone for most of your calling?

My at home, land line phone bill is the minimum per month. We use our cell phones (with unlimited long distance) for any calls other than local. Each of us pays about $50+ on the cell bills for the plans we have through AT&T; but we need the convenience and the call range of those plans.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OY! Those Magic Jack informercials lured my 86-year old mother in!!! Ack!
14.gif
But we returned it before she ever used it.

Here''s what I know: it changes your phone number (it gives it some strange, out-of-your-area exchange); that may be an inconvenience for some.

I called someone from work once who had MJ and I could barely hear them, plus their voice went in and out. He said they had MJ and hated it, because of the spotty and unreliable reception.

I''m wondering the same as Holly, if you have a cell phone, can you use that for your long distance calling? Our land line is just the rock-bottom basic charge each month because we use our cell phones for anything other than local calling.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been thinking of one also. We have cell phones, but the reception in our house is horrible, and usually includes doing yoga moves just to keep calls from dropping. Doesn''t it work through an internet connection? Maybe I''ll check out skype...

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the feedback, guys...sounds like MG is a rip-off...

We both do have cell phones, but the reception in my house isn''t always good.

I''m going to look into Skype and Ooma - I stayed away from Skype because I tried Vonage a couple of years ago and hated it...but maybe it''s completely different.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results