shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone ever heard of Facets?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I love drooling over some of the eye candy at SignedPieces.com. I noticed that one of the brands they carry is "Facets". "Facets" seems to concentrate a lot on diamonds and these pieces seem to come only with a certificate from that company. Has anyone of heard of them?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I think that they are the same company. I think SignedPieces owns Facets but I'm not sure. I read about them on DT but now I can't find what I read...sorry! I think someone was recommending them.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 3/16/2004 10:47:30 AM Patty wrote:

I think that they are the same company. I think SignedPieces owns Facets but I'm not sure. I read about them on DT but now I can't find what I read...sorry! I think someone was recommending them.----------------

Signedpieces does own Facets. They have some beautiful pieces, don't they? I too have been drooling
lickout.gif

Michelle

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I love Facets too...I was eyeballing a 7 stone .50ctw ring for $375 before I bought my eBay 10 stone one. They have some great prices and are very responsive via email!
1.gif

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone know about the quality of their cuts. It seems like their pieces just come with a Factes certificate. They list color/clarity, but I don't think I saw anything about the cut. They've got some really cute stuff.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 3/16/2004 2:49:51 PM sumi wrote:

Does anyone know about the quality of their cuts. It seems like their pieces just come with a Factes certificate. They list color/clarity, but I don't think I saw anything about the cut. They've got some really cute stuff. ----------------

No, I'm not sure about their cuts. Sorry I can't help more, but this is one reason I've avoided bidding on their stuff, although, I just looked and read they have a 30 day return policy which seem nice and generous, and probably worth taking advantage of if you really like something they're placing up for auction.

If you do purchase, please post what you think so we all know and can possibly bid/buy from them too! lol

Michelle

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI Sumi,
I purchased a pair of bezel set diamond studs in platinum from them last year. I don't know how well cut they are, but they did guarantee them to be G/H VS and I thought the price I paid for them was really good.
I also had SP's bezel set my diamond in platinum on a chain, and I purchased a diamonds by the yard bracelet from them.
I was fairly impressed with their work and service and I would buy from them again.
I don't know how well cut their diamonds are. I guess it would really depend on what the diamonds are used for. If you are thinking about an eternity band or something with small melee diamonds, I am sure that they won't necessarily be ideal cut, but they will be good.
I had the opportunity to examine some melee diamonds that they had in a white tissue paper that they were going to use to make a bracelet. I louped a few of them and was impressed with the whiteness of the diamonds ( against the white paper) and the clearness. On the paper they had written E-G VVS-VS .04 CT. I am by no means a diamond expert, but that seemed accurate.
I can honestly say that if I was purchasing a larger diamond, over .40 carats, I would only buy a H&A's, but if I found something at such an insanely great price and I had the opportunity to check it out before hand and the company had a good return policy, I would do it.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I forgot to mention, I almost bought another diamond bracelet from them. I even paid them and everything for the bracelet. They were going to take out a few links (four of them) and make them into earrings for me. They were also going to change the clasp for me and add a security chain to it.
They were willing to do all this for me for no extra charge, plus they were going to give me the bracelet for less than the advertised price and they were going to ship it to me for free.
Two days later I called and canceled the order and they were okay with it. They weren't angry or upset, they said they understood.

And one more thing, I lost one of the earrings that I purchased from them last week. I called them up and they said they would be happy to make me another earring, I would just have to show them the receipt so they know which one I purchased and the other earring, so they can make a good match.

By the way, I don't work for them!!!
2.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
I know nothing about their cuts, but I do like their designs. I've drooled over many a piece on their site.

Maybe one of the vendor community here knows something about their diamond quality?

win

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Their diamond quality in terms of smaller stones is pretty good from what they post on their site.

However I am so jaded now I would never purchase a big piece from them (e.g. a big rock)...though I am tempted by some of their bracelets and rings.

I do love that they carry Tiffany & Bulgari stuff on consignment, really yummi pieces.

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I agree Mara. I wouldn't buy a substantial piece of jewelery from them, but they have a lot of cute stuff that's great for everyday wear.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results