shape
carat
color
clarity

Anybody else obssessed with Pho???

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Pho. Pho with everything in it - all cuts of meat. :lickout: The only add-in I add is bean sprouts. Then I like to chase my pho noodles and beef and broth with an iced vietnamese coffee.

When I was working in the city, I had it almost every other day. I am an addict. Now that I work in the suburbs, it's a treat that's only enjoyed on the rare occasion.

I think pho is pronounced more like "fur", but I like says pho like "fee-fi-FO-fum", or your enemy the FOE. Its quite juvenile, but one of my favorite pho restaurants is called "Pho Bahng", and I love to tell people that "Sometimes you want a real bang, and sometimes you want Pho Bahng." :naughty:

Anybody else obsessed?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ME ME ME ME ME!!!! :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: I LOVE IT!!! Hubby and I have been eating for 3 years now!!! We went on the best Pho in the City hunt! I have a favorite and he has a favorite!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

In fact I wanted to make my own until I looked into how time consuming it IS to make! Much easier to go to the restaurant. :lickout:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy|1325035329|3089676 said:
ME ME ME ME ME!!!! :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: I LOVE IT!!! Hubby and I have been eating for 3 years now!!! We went on the best Pho in the City hunt! I have a favorite and he has a favorite!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

In fact I wanted to make my own until I looked into how time consuming it IS to make! Much easier to go to the restaurant. :lickout:

Yay!!! :appl: Hello fellow Pho lover :wavey:

I have a co-worker who would the mistake of telling me two weeks ago that his wife makes KILLER pho - better than any of the restaurants around here. He offered to invite me over the next time she makes some. I've basically been stalking him ever since..."Oh, what did you do last night, what did you have for DINNER???? When is the pho party...???" :lol:

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
ME! After I got diagnosed with celiac disease it was like the one thing I could still eat for take out! I LOVE pho!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love pho. Best hangover food. My inlaws are vietnamese so I've had homemade too. Yum.

They pronounce it more like "fuh" but I know that's not quite the right phonetic sound either, looking at it. Maybe someone vietnamese can phonetically write out the correct way to say it.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs. taylor|1325036516|3089688 said:
ME! After I got diagnosed with celiac disease it was like the one thing I could still eat for take out! I LOVE pho!

Ahh... yes... b/c the noodles are rice, not wheat based. Glad you discovered pho and LOVE IT! :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1325037212|3089695 said:
Love pho. Best hangover food. My inlaws are vietnamese so I've had homemade too. Yum.

They pronounce it more like "fuh" but I know that's not quite the right phonetic sound either, looking at it. Maybe someone vietnamese can phonetically write out the correct way to say it.

I'm so jealous! My future in-laws make some good food, but it would totally be amazing if they made pho too... Lucky TravelingGal! :mrgreen:

Alistra

Shiny_Rock

My friends all say "fuh." I was always told that was the correct pronunciation or close anyway. Regardless, I love me some vegetarian pho :) Yummy!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We all love pho in our family, even the kids! It really hits the spot on a cold winter's day!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
the aroma is out of this world too! :lickout: Pintobean I would be wanting to eat homemade PHO too! YUM!

MOMof2, you are so right, it is the best winter soup!!! It just is so comforting and delicious!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:lickout: Love it! Vegetarian Pho, vegetable rice crepe, and iced tea...YUM!!!

Anyone know a great place in NYC? I had several places I loved in Boston, but haven't found awesome Vietnamese in NYC yet (even though i've lived here for 6 years :cheeky: )

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
PintoBean|1325037918|3089701 said:
mrs. taylor|1325036516|3089688 said:

Ahh... yes... b/c the noodles are rice, not wheat based. Glad you discovered pho and LOVE IT! :appl:

exactly! I started eating it in college and have never looked back. I lost so much of my comfort foods, but not this one!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love Pho. But it has to be really good Pho. Hits the spot in the winter. Especially on really cold days.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Ha ha, I just had some last week! SOOO GOOD! I took my DH too and that was the first time he had pho. It's oh-so-good!!!!! Now you're making a pregnant lady crave it all over again! :lol:

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE IT!!!! There is an awesome place across the street from my office! I'm obsessed with the summer rolls with peanut sauce too! And lots of sriratcha on everything, of course!!!

Saoirse2

Shiny_Rock
I've tried several Pho recipes from VietWorldKitchen.com with great results. Just ordered Into the Vietnamese Kitchen cookbook, we'll see how it goes.

Attachments

• pho.bmp
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,016

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Thumbs up.

:appl:

I have it most days for lunch in downtown Bethesda.

Ira Z.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it too and so does DH. I'm originally from Vietnam and have been taught by my mom how to make the most delicious Pho. I shall try and post a recipe when I get home (we're having our holiday in VN now actually :)) ).

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Phoenix|1325087343|3090004 said:
I love it too and so does DH. I'm originally from Vietnam and have been taught by my mom how to make the most delicious Pho. I shall try and post a recipe when I get home (we're having our holiday in VN now actually :)) ).

Yay, can't wait; I am so EXCITED :appl: :appl:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
LOVE Pho! Best College Student Food! Not expensive and you get alot of it! :bigsmile: Oh the good old time~~

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock

Exactly! We used to go out for pho after a night of drinking! Now I'm responsible and boring so I haven't had pho in ages.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nom Nom Nom, one of my favorite lunchtime picks! I prefer the pho tai (beef tenderloin) and I always get fresh/summer rolls with it!

anitabee

Shiny_Rock
the area i live in - east van(couver), bc - is teeming with vietnamese restaurants. i LOVE vietnamese food and am so lucky to have such a great selection surrounding me.

pho is so healthy for you and yummy and filling and quick and cheap. it's the perfect food! i love getting the little hot red chili pepper among the sprouts and basil twig & leaves.

i teach high school and i'm guessing that at least a third of my students are vietnamese so i'm always getting the inside scoop on which restaurants are the best. it turns out one of my student's (from last year) parents run the most killer restaurant of all!

i also love bun - you know, the dish of rice noodles topped (often) with grilled lemongrass pork or beef and cucumbers and peanuts, etc.

ahhhhhhhhh... i will need to eat some vietnamese food today!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What is it?

cheers--Sharon

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depending on how it's made, it may not be the best for you. Lots of salt, and some places use MSG. But there are many things worse!

Sharon, it's a noodle soup. Yum.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
you and me both! I make it for my mother often in the winter, though not skillfully I'm sure! She has leukemia and the holy basil is wonderful for respiratory infections. She gets them often as a result of her immunosuppressed state. Every time she starts coughing I go to the market to get the fixins for Pho. With extra holy basil!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Phoenix|1325087343|3090004 said:

Omg really? I'm here too! I'm in danang! And the pho is better here than I've ever had in the USA! The Chinese food is better here than in china too though lol

Also the viet coffee is amazing --- and the reason I can't sleep right now lol I o ly slept 2.5 hr last night and it's almost 1:30 am here in Vietnam... I'm on a caffeine high!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results