shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique settings??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
In your opinion which sites have the best prices for antique style settings, and or which sites have the best quality?

whitediamonds

Rough_Rock
Hi an owner and lover of antique settings, i will suggest the following to u:

antiqueengagementrings.com
tacori.com
whitehousebrothers.com or bros.com (not sure which way it is)
faycullen.com
foreverjewelers.com (excellent selection for cheap!)

Good Luck Friend!
LOVE
WHITE DIAMONDS!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelryExpert, Artofplatinum, Adin and other antique stores I don't have handy... Plus whatever source where antique style rings do not show things like cast "engraving" or fake filigree. Among repetitive large-scale production techniques
angryfire.gif
die struck pieces seem to make a case for rough industrial force. Van Craeynest and perhaps Folksways make a good argument. Actually, I would put Van Craeynest right on my list for what they do for 'antique-style' things.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I have a setting from Antiqueengagementrings.com. It's cast, not engraved or die-stamped; casting pieces that are supposed to look engraved (as Ana points out) is not the optimal manufacturing process. However, the setting is very pretty (in my opinion) and was quite inexpensive. And the guy who runs the business couldn't be nicer.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I don't know, I've never seen them in person. Definitely ask if you're considering buying from them. They're way more expensive than antiqueengagementrings.com--as are most places--and it would be disappointing to end up with the same quality at a higher price.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I wrote to Faycullen asking if their settings were caste and they said, "I have no idea ",our manufacterer isn't willing to reveal there secret, but if they are they are the best castings I've ever seen".
Why would that information not be avaable to them?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results