shape
carat
color
clarity

Animal rescue -- heartbreaking

justginger

Ideal_Rock
My rescue group needs TRUCKLOADS of PS prayers and dust for the beautiful girl, pictured below, who came into our care today. I've put the photo very far down so it doesn't upset anyone on accident.

This stunning mastiff girl is Journey - she was a surrender to a pound here, with her young pups. The father of the pups was surrendered at the same time, but remains in the pound as a foster spot with secure enough fencing has not yet been located. He may have some behavioural issues that require an experienced carer as well. No surprise coming from a household inhabited by human beings that can let a living creature get to this point. :angryfire: Thankfully he is not in the same physical condition she is, and can healthily remain where he is while secure facilities are located.

The puppies were taken on by another rescue group, while the mother was left behind (too severe of a case to be bothered with?) :nono: Besides being severely emaciated, she now has mastitis, a raging fever, and very likely a severe uterine infection. ;(

Please, please, please - all the animal lovers of PS - send up a quick prayer or good thought of for her. She is with one of our best, most dedicated vets, being fully evaluated, receiving 2-hourly meals, and being prepped for a full hysterectomy. I am hoping against hope that her body manages to handle this invasive procedure, and she can get on with healing and recovering.

journey.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gawd, I didn't want to click onto this thread but I had to. Sending as much dust and prayers and good thoughts as I possibly can...I will be praying harder than ever for this poor little one. Please please please let her be OK. :cry: :cry: :cry:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
missy|1362149226|3393539 said:
Oh gawd, I didn't want to click onto this thread but I had to. Sending as much dust and prayers and good thoughts as I possibly can...I will be praying harder than ever for this poor little one. Please please please let her be OK. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thank you for your support, missy - I know I can always count on you when it comes to our precious creatures.

I burst into tears when I received the first email and photos of her from our rescue's dog coordinator. The silver lining to this is the massive support we have received from the people of Perth. Her photo has been shared on FB over 1,000 times in the last 12 hours and our rescue has received countless donations of bedding, specialized food, worming medication, brushes, and money towards her hospital stay and upcoming surgery.

If she sadly does not pull through, it consoles me to know that at least she will pass on knowing she was loved, that someone valued her, for at least a short time. Every animal deserves that.

Of course if she makes it, she's got a beautiful future ahead of her. :))

SB621

Ideal_Rock
As soon as I saw the word heartbreaking I knew this would be bad. That $hit really pisses me off! Sorry but that poor creature. All dogs ever want to do is be loyal and loved by their owner. I can't believe ANYONE would let it get that bad. And I can't believe a rescue would give up on her. Perhaps it is just me but the worst cases are the ones I want- I want to see them get their happily ever after. We have 2 dogs, though they drive me crazy they are still members of our family. Ok I'm going to stop my rant as this will make me crazy.

Ginger I'm sending dust and prayers to Journey. I hope she pulls through!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Oh that poor poor girl. :(sad

The owners should never be allowed to own pets again. :nono:

Ginger, if you don't mind sharing, what's the name of the rescue group? I'll share it on my FB page.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1362150317|3393555 said:
As soon as I saw the word heartbreaking I knew this would be bad. That $hit really pisses me off! Sorry but that poor creature. All dogs ever want to do is be loyal and loved by their owner. I can't believe ANYONE would let it get that bad. And I can't believe a rescue would give up on her. Perhaps it is just me but the worst cases are the ones I want- I want to see them get their happily ever after. We have 2 dogs, though they drive me crazy they are still members of our family. Ok I'm going to stop my rant as this will make me crazy.

Ginger I'm sending dust and prayers to Journey. I hope she pulls through!

Thank you, Sarah. I completely understand the anger. It comes for me later - my first reaction is always sheer astonishment. I just look at the photo and think, "How can this be?" You can see in her face that she is a gentle, kind girl. She probably licked the hands that didn't feed her. :nono:

What really gets me angry is not the fact that there is ONE crazy human who can watch a living creature waste away - it's the fact that the one person had friends, family, and neighbors who never spoke up. A whole group of accomplices, so to speak. If you see abuse like this, please offer to help the owner or contact the relevant authorities. A community should never allow this to happen within its boundaries.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
OMG- that is horrible. How can anyone do that? Thank goodness for people like you and the other devoted rescue groups. I am typing through tears as I write this and sending lots of prayers and dust and hugs to Journey and you.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I just noticed one of the comments on her photo on SAFE's FB page was from a mother whose daughter turned 7 today -- and she donated her $10 birthday money to Journey. Children are so precious. :halo:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
pinkjewel|1362151355|3393570 said:
OMG- that is horrible. How can anyone do that? Thank goodness for people like you and the other devoted rescue groups. I am typing through tears as I write this and sending lots of prayers and dust and hugs to Journey and you.

Thank you so much - I have to believe that international prayers add up in a big way!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
No worries, I'll donate some money tomorrow when I have the time and figure out how! I'd do it now but I'm supposed to be sleeping...

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
JG-I am writing this with tears running down my face!

I am in amazement all the time at how absolutely terrible some humans can treat animals!!! I hope these people get arrested and convicted of animal neglect/abuse!!! What do the authorities actually do in cases like these in your area?

I will send truckloads of prayers that this beautiful girl will pull through and find a loving forever home!

I have given a donation for her care!

Please keep us updated!!!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1362151987|3393583 said:
No worries, I'll donate some money tomorrow when I have the time and figure out how! I'd do it now but I'm supposed to be sleeping...

Me too. I have work, then the adoption event in Osborne Park that they're talking about on the rescue page. 7 am start, and I'm on PS from my mobile at midnight. :rolleyes:

Thank you in advance for your donation, HOT. You're a real gem!! :bigsmile:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Oh... Poor poor baby... My heart is crying for her and so are my eyes! The tears are not stopping!
All the dust in the world!!!! I want her to survive!!! She needs to! She's survived this long, she needs to just hold on a bit longer! Cuz help is coming!

She will be in my thoughts every single day!

On an angry note, I CANNOT believe that anyone is capable of letting a dog get to this point!!!! I want to go find these people and shoot them in the face! I know, I'm an American and first thing we want is violence with guns... But this is something that's worth it! ANYBODY that is capable of doing something like this to this beautiful girl, is not worth living. I am seriously livid right now. I wish I lived in Australia. I want to march over to those people and show them what it feels like to starve and be abused. I feel like if you abuse an animal, you deserve the same exact treatment. You put an animal in a plastic bag and throw them in a dumpster to die, I do the same to you.

OneFifty

Shiny_Rock
*Dust*Dust*Dust* for Journey's recovery. I can't believe that anyone could treat an animal that way. Look at those big, sweet eyes!

Boatluvr

Shiny_Rock
OMG! This is just so horrific - that poor puppy. I'm sending much dust your way Journey. May it be a good journey for you from here on - you have finally found good people to care for and love you. I just do NOT understand how some 'people' can live with doing this to an animal - they (the 'people') are the animals. No consciences.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truckload of prayers and dust going out for Journey, what the hell is wrong with people...how can anyone let a dog get this bad..it just angers me so much.

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So ashamed for the human race! So shameful how a person can allow this to happen! Poor Journey is a skeleton!! And being female, learning about her health problems is just heartbreaking! I hope she recovers soon and finds a well deserved loving home! If I weren't allergic to animals, I would probably be helping them too... too many people take in animals without realizing the commitment and then the innocent beings become abandoned/ neglected. Sadly, one story among too many :angryfire: :nono:

lulu

Ideal_Rock
This is just horrifying.Sending dust and prayers for Journey's recovery and for a loving forever home.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Oh I am just horrified! That poor poor poor pup. And a momma to boot...probably sacrificing herself for her babies. It's just too much. All the dust and prayers I can muster to her and the vets. I hope she pulls through and finds and amazing foreverhome.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh sometimes I really hate people. How could anyone do this to a living, breathing, FEELING little soul?! ;( I'm sitting here crying at my desk, I've never seen such an awful example of animal neglect in my life. It's heartbreaking. :(sad I wish we could starve the previous owners for a week or two. :devil: B@stards! :angryfire:

Sending prayers and dust for the poor girl. Please keep us posted...

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is the single worst case of physical abuse I think I've ever seen. Oh Ginger, how could they? Why?

Do you know whether she is still open to people love, or has she lost faith in humanity (as I would in her situation)?

I will happily donate, and I will pray, but I sure wish there was something concrete I could do to guarantee her recovery.

Is Mastitis common in dogs or is that she is so malnourished that infection is raging every where?

D

Deactivated member 42515

This has seriously been on my mind the whole day. I just cannot comprehend how people can treat an animals this way. I was just telling Enerchi that I'm the kind of person that will swerve and die in a car crash before I hit a deer in the road. So I just can't wrap my head around this.... At all

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, how heartbreaking!!!
I've never been violent once in my life but this seriously makes me wanna kick some @ss! :angryfire:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
That is horrific. Please keep us posted. My family will pray for her!

johnfish

Rough_Rock
My Prayers for the pup and my prayers to you for doing what you do!

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Dust Dust Dust!!! And thank you to your group for saving the family!

Sadly, we see these cases weekly in Los Angeles. I think people grew up with a mentality that animals aren't worth as much as humans. Sometimes it's because animals aren't valued in their culture or because their family has always treated animals that way. Sometimes it's because people are mentally ill. We see people treat their animals as ATMs and breed them as much as they can and sell the pups on craigslist. I've even seen "Will trade husky puppy for ipad" on craigslist!

You're right - prevention starts with peer pressure, changing laws to prevent breeding by anyone without a permit, teaching people about spay/neuter and being an active part of your community. Hubby hates that I stalk my neighbors to get them to spay/neuter and treat their dogs well, but I couldn't NOT do that. I've even offered to pay for it and take their dogs to the vet. I've also worked with the community and animal control to have one guy's dogs taken away because of neglect and worked to get them adopted by wonderful families! A few hours a week of my time make a huge impact.

Thank you for being part of the solution - we can't save every animal, but even saving ONE makes a huge difference in that one animals life! :)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
JG, I burst into tears upon seeing that photo. Those inhumane a**holes should be made to starve and see how they like it!!! I am so angry I am shaking. I have no words....I will say a special prayer for her that she manages to recover and also that she finds a loving forever home and only knows love and spoiling for the rest of her life. ;( :((

God bless you and the other folks caring for her.

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock
Oh. My. Word.
I just had to leave the room a moment after I saw that photo.
ALL the dust I have from the bottom of my toes, being sent straight to that poor baby.
Bless the group of volunteers dedicating their time and services!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my God...how can people be so inhumane? Please, please get her back to good health. I hope she has the will and strength
to hang in there!

I'm having a hot flash I'm so mad and upset with the jerks that she belonged to. May they rot in hell.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results