shape
carat
color
clarity

2011 Resolutions anyone?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if anybody still makes New Years resolutions, but I always think it's fun.

My resolutions:
Try to cook more of my own meals.
Try to spend less time on PS/shinies.

(Note the word "try", my resolution is more to make a honest effort towards these things than to accomplish a set goal, haha, I'm such a bum!)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just wrote down my resolutions! This is going to be a great thread, I love seeing what other people resolve to do.

I make "Winter Break Resolutions" every year because I have a big chunk of time to myself, which is wonderful, especially now that I'm teaching college. I don't want to waste my month off, so I create resolutions/goals and use them as motivators to make the best use of my time.

My Winter Break Resolutions:
- Stick to training plan for upcoming 4 mile race (DH and I are running a "Love Run" together on February 13th, and he's a much better runner so I need to train if I'm going to keep up)
- Study my German every day for at least one hour, and go through my flash cards with DH every night
- Write every day (I've been writing my YA novel for far too long, it's time to get the entire first draft finished! My goal is 2,000 words per day during break)

My New Year's Resolutions:
- Begin working on feedback of my students' work *the same day* I collect it
- Train for and complete a duathlon with DH in August or September (DH won't swim competitively, so it's just running & biking)
- Attend local German meetup outings and take a German class at work during Fall 2011
- Keep up with cleaning Willie (the Shih Tzu's) eye boogies (This doesn't seem like a difficult thing, but he HATES it, so I often give up)
- Roller skate at least once a week during the warmer months
- Be nicer to my dad
- Get back into cooking dinner at home every night during the week

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
MakingTheGrade|1292957825|2803008 said:
I don't know if anybody still makes New Years resolutions, but I always think it's fun.

My resolutions:
Try to cook more of my own meals.
Try to spend less time on PS/shinies.

(Note the word "try", my resolution is more to make a honest effort towards these things than to accomplish a set goal, haha, I'm such a bum!)
I hear you on this one! I have a hard time staying away. :cheeky:

ETA:

Does anyone do 101 in 1,001? New Year's is a great time to create a new list!
http://dayzeroproject.com
(The link isn't working right now, but I think it's a problem with the website, itself. If you google 101 in 1001 you'll find lots of great personal sites devoted to the project.)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I resolve to start smoking, gain more weight and waste more time on the Internet.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1292960151|2803043 said:
I resolve to start smoking, gain more weight and waste more time on the Internet.
Minus the smoking, I can TOTALLY handle these resolutions!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
First and foremost... I think I've decided I'm going to become a total bi*ch, because apparently you have to be a ruthless, self absorbed, emotionless frigid one to get what you want in this world. SO I am going to become a conceited, self absorbed, selfish, heartless bi*ch. I won't look down to anyone, I won't take no for an answer, and I won't be the one to be walked all over and taken advantage of. And other girls will leave me and mine alone.

Read more non fiction.

Write a book.

Write poetry again.

Live it up.

Read the bible more.

Learn to do my hair in 5 billion different do's.

Learn to be pretty enough.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1292959679|2803034 said:

You are such a better person than I am. I cannot even pretend that I could keep this one.

My resolutions:
1. Have my inbox at 0 by bedtime every day (by actually responding/completing the necessary tasks, not just moving them into a folder).
2. Start exercising again and take off the 12 pounds (! :nono:) I gained in 2010.
3. Tell DH how amazing he is even more that I already do.
4. Stick to a writing schedule.
5. Make at least 1 good friend in my new city.
6. Get all my student's work back within a week of when they submit it.
7. Be better at corresponding with people I rarely see but care about.
8. Start saving for our big project of '11.
9. Be a better person (an annual commitment).

I really need to be more active every day. That's the main one. That, and less PS time. Not even PS-stalking.. :tongue:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1292963755|2803096 said:
First and foremost... I think I've decided I'm going to become a total bi*ch, because apparently you have to be a ruthless, self absorbed, emotionless frigid one to get what you want in this world. SO I am going to become a conceited, self absorbed, selfish, heartless bi*ch. I won't look down to anyone, I won't take no for an answer, and I won't be the one to be walked all over and taken advantage of. And other girls will leave me and mine alone. Read more non fiction.

Yahhh Dragonfly! Kick some butt :appl: lol

Somethings I'm working on are:

Snacking less between meals
Not eating as much junk after I've had a couple of beers
Choosing between eating dinner or drinking beer (so basically I will only have the caloric intake from one or the other)
Doing step aerobics right when my neighbor gets home from work
Spending 1/2 hr doing self-relaxation techniques
Teaching my cat 50 words in English (I read they can understand up to 50 words based on sound)
Catching up on handwashables in my laundry basket (like all my tank tops from summer!)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC|1292966499|2803147 said:
Yahhh Dragonfly! Kick some butt :appl: lol

Somethings I'm working on are:

Snacking less between meals
Not eating as much junk after I've had a couple of beers
Choosing between eating dinner or drinking beer (so basically I will only have the caloric intake from one or the other)
Doing step aerobics right when my neighbor gets home from work
Spending 1/2 hr doing self-relaxation techniques
Teaching my cat 50 words in English (I read they can understand up to 50 words based on sound)
Catching up on handwashables in my laundry basket (like all my tank tops from summer!)
This made me LOL. :bigsmile:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
katamari|1292964337|2803109 said:
Haven|1292959679|2803034 said:

You are such a better person than I am. I cannot even pretend that I could keep this one.
I can only do this now that I teach in a CC. When I taught high school there was *no way* I could even look at work until Saturdays.
I'm just so sick of spending my weekends giving feedback, I want to get it DONE during the week, darnit!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
1) Take action on organizing my finances
2) Keep the weight off that I lost last year
3) Cook dinner Mon - Thurs
4) Clean out the "junk" room... lol

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Donate all my shoes and find ones that are truly comfy AND cute. i dont care if the hot ones are on sale, i dont care if they make me look 10 lbs slimmer... if they're not comfy, i cannot buy them.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
No. I've lost 25 lbs. I have 14 lbs more to go. That will run through December and into January, and maybe into February. So this year I'm not thinking about the 1st as any kind of start date.

I did quit smoking on January 1 four years ago, so I do recommend using it as a motivating factor, just nothing specific for me this year.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
My resolution is always the same...to get down to my goal weight, which was what I weighed in high school. It's only happened once, and then it un-happened. :(sad

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
Mine are:
- get fit - 40 minutes on cross trainer 5 times a week
- learn how to speak & write Mandarin
- learn how to write in Korean
- start up my own business
- get a pair of diamond earrings and a 5 stone diamond/eternity ring - can i add it on my resolution list? :naughty:
- get up early and make DH lunch for work - I have been so lazy and sleeping in.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Well, first, I'm just hoping 2011 is a MUCH better year than 2010. And one resolution is to make it that way!

1) Stay with my current gym regimen and stay healthy. Physically, I feel better than I have, well, ever - so keep on going.
2) Get more involved in outdoor activities - so skiing, do some hiking and tubing in the warmer months
3) Get back into writing - really let that one slide once I started my grad school apps
4) Get into grad school, move and start the heck over!
5) Get a dog (I'm thinking Golden Retriever rescues :) )
6) Cook more
7) Take a photography class and just get better at photography in general
8.) [apparently 8 followed by parentheses means automatic smiley....] And in general, just be more confident, aggressive and adventurous - I think I've got a good start on this, so keep on going, once again.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
diva rose|1293067710|2804238 said:
Mine are:
- get fit - 40 minutes on cross trainer 5 times a week
- learn how to speak & write Mandarin
- learn how to write in Korean
- start up my own business
- get a pair of diamond earrings and a 5 stone diamond/eternity ring - can i add it on my resolution list? :naughty:
- get up early and make DH lunch for work - I have been so lazy and sleeping in.

All the different speech and writing levels in Korean are such a pain! I speak it fluently but I still have to take classes to improve my writing - after a year of Adv. Korean I'm still far from fluent in writing. Good luck!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To actually stick to my resolutions, through the year.

This is one I've never managed.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i have some!

1. i am going to get healthy. I have tried for a while to lose weight, but am off and on with my success. I have started eating more healthy fresh foods, but find myself slipping now and again. I am going to focus on daily excercise and healthy eating in the new year.

2. I am going to try to spend more time focusing on positive things in my life, rather than what scares me or creates anxiety, of which i have a TON.

3. I am going to be CLEANER. My hubs and i just did a massive clean yesterday, which took around 6 hours. I know my cluttered-ness drives him nuts. I am going to make a schedule for certain jobs (for myself) every week. ie - monday - clean the bathrooms well, tuesday - dust, wednesday - clean my closet etc. These are ALL things i really hate doing, but a six hour clean made me realize a little bit at a time will be worth it!

happy new year!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results