shape
carat
color
clarity

10 years on PS

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nov 1 2003 I joined PS after lurking for a couple weeks.
At the time it was a big somewhat dysfunctional family that loved a good fight. :}
I jumped in with both feet and began a journey I am still on, learn everything there is to know about diamonds.

It has not all been roses but wow it has been a fun ride.
Over the years I learned a ton from many of the PS experts, Garry, Jon, John P, Dave A, Marty, Rockdoc(RIP), Serg, Brian and many others. Later Diagem and Paul taught me about diamond cutting and what its takes to translate the virtual into a real diamond.
There were a ton of insights into diamond performance made in the early years right here on PS and I was right in the middle of it. Much of it is the bases of the diamond cut grade systems we see today.

I was called the most feared consumer in the diamond trade. Calling out AGS, GIA and other industry experts at a time when internet research was starting to be a large part of the diamond purchase decision.
Would you believe I was once banned from PS for 3 days, I about went nuts not being able to post. LOL

I never imagined a diamond I designed would be cut and put in production.
While I am extremely proud of that it pales in comparison to the thousands of people I have helped over the years. That is what it is all about.

Looking at PS today and thinking back to what it was then it is barely recognizable but the heart is the same. Consumers helping consumers.

Andrey and the PS staff work very hard to keep it that way thank you for your hard work!!!

I raise a Pepsi in salute to PS, To the next 10 years!!!!!!!!!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Karl.
You are a precious asset here. :appl:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl - congrats and THANK YOU for everything you've done for PS and PSers over the past 10 years!

I personally have learned so much from you and I always love your sense of humor.

I will raise a Coke Zero to you and also a special toast to you and Wifey (formerly "To Be")!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!

I have been a lurker since 2004 and have only started to post in the last few months.

Lots to learn, and I am love it.

Here's to the next 10 years (raising my glass of full fat Coke)!

DK :))

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
A Pepsi salute to you. Oh, forget that - champagne.

You are truly a brilliant man & great person. :appl:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Huge congrates to you!!! This place surely wouldn't be what it is without you. You have taught us so much and am very blessed to have you as my friend. Pepsi for all!!! Cheers!!!! :wavey: :appl: :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats, karl, and thank you for being here!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on 10 years Karl! You have helped so many people throughout the years (me included!), even if you don't respond to each and every post. Going back through threads you've commented in has been an invaluable source of knowledge to me and countless others! I'll join you in a Coke Zero toast to the next 10 years!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your contributions have been many, newcomer. What you have given to consumers has been immeasurable. What you have given to people, so many people, is ineffable. You are truly a gift from God. Thank you for your yearly 9/11 tributes and your many postings of, "prayers outgoing" which has become a Pricescope phrase. Thank you for being there for those of us who needed comfort in times of need: for your patience; your knowledge of so many aspects of life; your respect for others; your maturity; and your love of humanity.

Hugs,
Deb
:wavey:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need to post more Karl! Congrats on 10 years!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Karl, PS wouldn't be PS without you.

Congratulations and thank you for all you've done and do.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Cheers!! :wavey: :appl:

regards--Sharon

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks, it would not have been the same without all the great friends I met here!!!!!

Hugs to all!!!!!
:mrgreen:

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to you Karl, thanks for hanging around for ten years, being a good diamond doctor and weathering all the storm(s)! :bigsmile: ;)) !! :appl: :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Karl! This place is better because of you (and the Octavia)!!!!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Storm/KarlK = always loved and learned a lot from your posts.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl:

Yes, it has been a wonderful time. I do love the Octavia. Its on my dream list (but other things are higher priority at the moment).

I remember so many great conversations with you back then; and I followed with interest your development into diamond modeling which led to the Octavia. As I mentioned to you years ago I actually considered doing something very similar as I am an engineer/scientist by training and have a background in optics - and did consider generating my own models and looking for other great shapes; but, decided not to put my time into it. I am very glad you chose to do so.

I wish you another great 10 years +. I have no intention of leaving either; even though I do not post much anymore. Too many other interest and things to do in life.

Too bad we never actually got together though. We are not that far apart - and I do drive by Rockford every few months (especially as its about the half way point between where Princess and I live and her brother.

Life is worth living if you do it right (and you seem to have done some of it right),

Perry

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, Karl.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Sincere congratulations for all your achievements in the past 10 years, Karl!
And they are big achievements!! :)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Stormy!... :wavey: :appl: :appl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
To the next 10, yes!, Karl. Always am glad to see it when you post because there's bound to be much knowledge in there! :wavey:

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the decade. I lurked when PS was just a fledging and admired your bravery in jumping in such turbulent waters. You've continued to grow and move on in many ways, from knowledgeable consumer to trade. Here's to many more years! :appl:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Karl! We are lucky to have you here, it wouldn't be the same without you!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results