shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s your pet name? Not lovey dovey nick but your actual dog or cat or bird, etc names

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Peepa

Shiny_Rock
Our''s is Petrie.
At first my husband called me that. He thought that Petrie from the Land Before Time was a really cute character and started to call me that but then we got our pup and we realized that Petrie fit her much better.
On the way home from picking her up we thought of Brownie but I had a bunny years ago with that name so a no go and then he wanted GrizzleSticks and I said no to that. haha! Can you imagine calling a little min pin in the dog park GrizzleSticks? GrizzleSticks come! GrizzleSticks stay. Uh, no.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
we (okay, technically, they''re my mother''s, but i grew up with them, so i still claim them!) have 6 cats with the ODDEST assortment of names ever! they are: 1) gyrfalcon (pronounced like gear-falcon; my brother''s cat, and he''s a mechwarrior fan, so the poor cat got named after a game piece...he originally wanted to name him "beer-battered fishstick", HA), 2)zaleigh, 3) & 4) are brother and sister, so it''s melvin and minga (yes, like the character from gumby), 5)bentley, and finally 6) mr. bobblehead, whom we call bob--he was almost starved to death when we found him, and his head was bigger than his body, hence the name.

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Our yorkie is Oliver (my dog pre-husband)
Our pound puppy is Wilson (his dog pre-me)
Its funny because their names kinda go together, and we each named them before we knew each other!

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
What a cute thread!
We have three cats: BoBo (technically it's Mr. Bojangles, but that's just a mouthfull), Sophie, and Jack.
Two Dogs: Georgia and Savannah (Black and Yellow Labs. We rescued Georgia when she was about 2 and a half, and she was already named. At first we didn't like her name, but then it grew on us and when we rescued Savannah, previously named Goldie which we HATED, we decided she was young enough to change her name so we kept with the whole Southern/Georgia theme). Usually we end up calling our dogs Jelly and Savvy though....not quite sure where Jelly came from...
A rooster and a chicken: I just call them "the chickens" they don't really have names.

ETA: even though this isn't about the "lovey dovey" couple pet names, I just figured I'd throw this out there too, because it's not lovey dovey at all. My FI calls me "Stink"
I don't know WHERE that came from, and I promise it has nothing to do with my odor, but somehow it comes across as sweet and cute. Although other people think it's totally weird when they hear him say "hey Stink" or something like that.

Peepa

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/27/2008 1:21:58 PM
Author: BriBee
What a cute thread!
We have three cats: BoBo (technically it''s Mr. Bojangles, but that''s just a mouthfull), Sophie, and Jack.
Two Dogs: Georgia and Savannah (Black and Yellow Labs. We rescued Georgia when she was about 2 and a half, and she was already named. At first we didn''t like her name, but then it grew on us and when we rescued Savannah, previously named Goldie which we HATED, we decided she was young enough to change her name so we kept with the whole Southern/Georgia theme). Usually we end up calling our dogs Jelly and Savvy though....not quite sure where Jelly came from...
A rooster and a chicken: I just call them ''the chickens'' they don''t really have names.
How funny! MY nickname is BoBo.
face1.gif

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2008 1:24:40 PM
Author: Peepa

Date: 6/27/2008 1:21:58 PM
Author: BriBee
What a cute thread!
We have three cats: BoBo (technically it''s Mr. Bojangles, but that''s just a mouthfull), Sophie, and Jack.
Two Dogs: Georgia and Savannah (Black and Yellow Labs. We rescued Georgia when she was about 2 and a half, and she was already named. At first we didn''t like her name, but then it grew on us and when we rescued Savannah, previously named Goldie which we HATED, we decided she was young enough to change her name so we kept with the whole Southern/Georgia theme). Usually we end up calling our dogs Jelly and Savvy though....not quite sure where Jelly came from...
A rooster and a chicken: I just call them ''the chickens'' they don''t really have names.
How funny! MY nickname is BoBo.
face1.gif
Well it''s a VERY cute name I think!
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
This thread is so cute.

Our Lhasa Apso is named Mazie Day. Day is her middle name. It was a happy day when we bought her, so hence her middle name LOL.

Our Ringneck parrot is named Taco. He is 14 years old and my daughter named him, when he was a little bitty baby.

Our three Lhasa''s that are now deceased, but were very precious to us, were named Bunkie, Weezer and Barnaby Jones. The three of them were characters. Bunkie was their baby. She was the runt of the litter and we kept her. We still miss them. They were their own little family and made us laugh every single day.

Linda

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Mr. Morton (name is from Schoolhouse Rock), we call him Morty

and Uncle Elmo (named after DH''s fictional uncle who lived in his grandparents'' basement, according to lore from DH''s real-life uncle) whom we call Elmo.

Both are adopted kitties, Elmo is a gray/brown tiger and Morty is all black.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
It's funny how the nicknames are just created over time. Our dog's name is Byron, though we often refer to him as "B-Dog" and I'd say half the time I call him "Bubs". I have no idea why I call him that.

What's hilarious is that D and I have a voice for our dog...and he has his own personality. So we will literally carry on conversations with our dog for a half of an hour. We do this in public...in our "Byron" voice without even realizing it. We are insane.

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Fun! I love hearing about other''s animal names
36.gif

We have two girl cats- the princess is F''Blanche (pronounce it just like you make the F sound "Fa" and then Blanche! Long story...) and Fleury. Both are half siamese and half calico and not related at all!
25.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My two cats names are: bunni & half-and-half. At one point, we started calling the cats by spanish names, but I didn't know how half-and-half is said in spanish, so intead he's called "leche-y-leche," milk and milk! Bunni is translated to conejito.

Peepa

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/27/2008 1:38:33 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
It''s funny how the nicknames are just created over time. Our dog''s name is Byron, though we often refer to him as ''B-Dog'' and I''d say half the time I call him ''Bubs''. I have no idea why I call him that.

What''s hilarious is that D and I have a voice for our dog...and he has his own personality. So we will literally carry on conversations with our dog for a half of an hour. We do this in public...in our ''Byron'' voice without even realizing it. We are insane.
You''re not insane. I tell Petrie secrets.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Colby.

People always think I'm saying "Kobe" or "Cody," so I have to say "Colby, like the cheese."

He's often called "Colby-bear," "Little bear" or just "Bear" in our house. He got the nickname when he was a puppy because he had the face of a bear cub. Well, a super-tiny version of one, anyway
3.gif

colbybear.jpg

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
We have two dogs...

One, my avatar, is named Izzie. He is named after Eddie Izzard and has about a million nicknames. Wizz, Frizz, Izzard Dean, Beezie, Bazeezan, it goes on and on.

Our other pooch is named Cricket...she came with that name from the rescue. But we like to call her Cricket Michelle Chenille. Michelle, I''m not sure why it goes with Cricket, I guess...Chenille because she loves to lick Chenille. Gross right? She also has a myriad of nicknames, including noodlebutt and carkleberrysnary and other ridonkulous names.

Peepa

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/27/2008 2:11:06 PM
Author: littlelysser
We have two dogs...

One, my avatar, is named Izzie. He is named after Eddie Izzard and has about a million nicknames. Wizz, Frizz, Izzard Dean, Beezie, Bazeezan, it goes on and on.

Our other pooch is named Cricket...she came with that name from the rescue. But we like to call her Cricket Michelle Chenille. Michelle, I''m not sure why it goes with Cricket, I guess...Chenille because she loves to lick Chenille. Gross right? She also has a myriad of nicknames, including noodlebutt and carkleberrysnary and other ridonkulous names.
I like noodlebutt!
We call Petrie, PetrieWetrie and SillyWilly.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Cute thread!

My St. Bernard is Dante. My calico cat came already named Patches and our baby tabbby cat is Pichu (my boys named him for a pokemon!)

When i was in school and in a production of "Oklahoma," my mom''s cat had a litter of kittens we named after the characters... she adopted "my" kitten (he''s OLD now!) and he is "Judd"

jen

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Oh cute! I love this thread.

I have an Australian cattle dog mix (red heeler) named Penny and I call her "The Pennster" most of the time or just Pennster. My grandparents got a Yorkie just weeks after I got her and named theirs Penny too....we like to joke that they stole my idea.

My SO has a French bulldog named Akasha. Yep, she's named after the vampire Akasha from the "Queen of the Damned". People never understand when we try to tell them her name we always have to say it 2-3 times. I have a neighbor who just doesn't get it and calls her Tasha. LOL. (ETA: her nicknames are Kash or Kashi....like the cereal LOL)

Wow anyone who knows me and reads this will know exactly who I am....no one else has such an eclectic assortment of pets and pet names.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2008 2:11:06 PM
Author: littlelysser
We have two dogs...

One, my avatar, is named Izzie. He is named after Eddie Izzard

funny you should mention that. DH just took me to an Eddie Izzard show a few days ago. I''d never heard any of his stuff before. Now I''ve suddenly noticed his name in several different places.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
My Rhodesian Ridgeback dog is Rook and our Ragdoll cat is Leo. Of course they have a million nicknames such as Rookie Rookie Roo (he looks like Scooby Doo), Rookie, Rookie boy, etc. And the cat''s nicknames are Big One, Poo-Poo cat (long gross story from his kitten days), Boppy, and my personal favorite is HANDSOME - it must be shouted though. Like NEL, my pets also have ''voices''. And I sing songs to my cat. Only...I''m not allowed to do this when the boys have friends over!
9.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Aw, this thread is cute! Ou tabby cat's name is Monkey Julio. We actually came up with the name before we even met him. My previous cat (Jasmine Lilah) had passed away a few months earlier, and I was ready to bring a new kitty into our lives and so we were trying to come up with good cat names on a long drive home one day. I said "Monkey!" We both laughed at it, but then somehow it really stuck that I wanted a cat named Monkey! And the Julio is a shoutout to hubby's Hispanic background
9.gif

Nicknames are Monks, Magoober, and Goobs.

BriBee, I love all your pets' names!

krispi

Shiny_Rock
My dog''s name is Hunter. He''s a coonhound mix, so it seemed fitting for a huntin'' dog!

Linda, that''s cool that your dog has a middle name! Mine does too - Douglas. (Yes, it''s after the people who make blinds...)

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2008 3:22:00 PM
Author: krispi
My dog''s name is Hunter. He''s a coonhound mix, so it seemed fitting for a huntin'' dog!

Linda, that''s cool that your dog has a middle name! Mine does too - Douglas. (Yes, it''s after the people who make blinds...)

LOL. We couldn''t help but give her one. Our other Lhasa, Weezer had one too. Her name was Weezer Woof. ha ha ha.

As a puppy, she would give out little "woofs".

Love the name of your dog!!!
35.gif

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
We have two cats, Maggie and Odin.

Maggie is a little calico tabby mix whose name is short for Magdalene because she is a whore of biblical proportions. Everytime a guy comes over, you would swear she is in heat; she is just all over them. She ignores women who come over and only wants me when FI isn''t around. She is mostly sweet but is smart, feisty and beautiful, so it seems to fit.

Odin is my boy. He has big blue eyes, a little pink nose and pure white fur. We agreed he looked like a Norse kitty and should get a godly name. Since he had a chest that stuck out a ways and made him look very regal, we named him after the king of the gods. The name fits his look but not his personality as he is fairly shy and really only comfortable around FI and myself.

If I were to list all their nicknames, it would go on for pages, so I won''t

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2008 1:16:34 PM
Author: doodle
we (okay, technically, they''re my mother''s, but i grew up with them, so i still claim them!) have 6 cats with the ODDEST assortment of names ever! they are: 1) gyrfalcon (pronounced like gear-falcon; my brother''s cat, and he''s a mechwarrior fan, so the poor cat got named after a game piece...he originally wanted to name him ''beer-battered fishstick'', HA), 2)zaleigh, 3) & 4) are brother and sister, so it''s melvin and minga (yes, like the character from gumby), 5)bentley, and finally 6) mr. bobblehead, whom we call bob--he was almost starved to death when we found him, and his head was bigger than his body, hence the name.
Well, in addition to being a game piece, a gyrfalcon is an actual bird! It''s also a very pretty bird, so your brother has unintentional good taste
2.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyrfalcon

I''ve got a cat named Zorro - he''s all in black! We''re adopting an Italian Greyhound soon, and still debating on possible names...

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
I have a little maltese-poodle mix named Toby, and a persian cat named Kasey (after kasey kahne, my favorite nascar driver
30.gif
)

allikatac

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/27/2008 1:38:33 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
It''s funny how the nicknames are just created over time. Our dog''s name is Byron, though we often refer to him as ''B-Dog'' and I''d say half the time I call him ''Bubs''. I have no idea why I call him that.

What''s hilarious is that D and I have a voice for our dog...and he has his own personality. So we will literally carry on conversations with our dog for a half of an hour. We do this in public...in our ''Byron'' voice without even realizing it. We are insane.
If you are insane, then DH and I are as well. We do this same exact thing, except we have a cat.

Our cat''s name is Kenya. She is a bengal so we wanted more of an exotic name for her. Sometimes for "short" we call her Ken-Ken, which in reality is not shorter.

Everyone has such great pet names!!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
We have three cats... Our Bengals are named Ghengis and Haley (she''s in my avatar). Our Savannah is Zoe, but we often call her ZoZo. We also call her Zoe Princess of Terror and Kong. Compared to the other cats, everything Zoe does is magnified by 10! Hence her nicknames.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I just remembered, my mom had a black cat in the 60s she named Core. It was short for "center on racial equality". My mom was sort of a wierd kid

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results