shape
carat
color
clarity

What's your kid's favorite show? What's your fav kid show?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Curious, as we're talking about TV a bit on another thread.

Amelia's favorite show used to be Dora. Dora bugs me.

Now she's all about the Backyardigans. I love them. I like watching it too. Normally I try to interact with her when we watch a show, but I find myself kind of getting engrossed in it and watching it myself!

Wonderpets is growing on me. I used to dislike ming ming, but I find her amusing now.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: What's your kid's favorite show? What's your fav kid sho

LOL so J is only 6mo but the other day I was sick, so after work I decided to sit with him on the couch to see if he was interested in any kids shows and give myself a 10 min break before Greg got home to help me out. Wonderpets was on. I was like..'WOW. This is crazy'. Then Greg came home' and was like 'WOW what is that?' It was like we felt it eating away at our brains for the 10 min we sat there.

Not like Bachelor Pad is any better. :naughty:

J seemed minimally interested, and preferred to chew on his foot. :bigsmile:

lili

Ideal_Rock

J used to be into YGG and Dora.
Now, it's Little Bear.
She doesn't watch much of the Wonder Pets, but she does know their theme song and some of the stories.
She's not into the Backyardigans for some reasons.
She'll ask for her occasional YGG, NiHaoKaiLan, Upside-Down show, and Olivia.
Yea, she watched a little bit too much TV, but she's learning so much from them though.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

lili said:
J used to be into YGG and Dora.
Now, it's Little Bear.
She doesn't watch much of the Wonder Pets, but she does know their theme song and some of the stories.
She's not into the Backyardigans for some reasons.
She'll ask for her occasional YGG, NiHaoKaiLan, Upside-Down show, and Olivia.
Yea, she watched a little bit too much TV, but she's learning so much from them though.

lili, I think I'll have to introduce her to some other shows. I hate YGG, so that's not an option. But NiHaoKaiLan looks interesting. Never heard of the upsidedown show and Little Bear. Are they on Nick Jr?

Amelia has always loved music, so that's why I think she loves Backyardigans. I bought a speaker to take on walks with her in the BOB and once the music stopped because my playlist was done and she hollered out "Music!!!!!" She doesn' t make a peep on our hour walks otherwise.

Putting on a CD still entertains her as much as TV does, which I am very happy about.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock

I actually like Yo Gabba Gabba because it's interactive and tells the kids to get up and dance. I usually turn the tv on while I'm making dinner and A loves it because we dance together and act silly while it's on....I know, it's a scary visual :rodent:

ETA: I do find it annoying that I get their songs stuck in my head for days and find myself singing it out loud. I realized I was singing "there's a party in my tummy, so yummy, so yummy" as I was cleaning up the kitchen and this was my husband's expression--> :confused:

lili

Ideal_Rock

Steph--
LOL.....I know what you mean about the YGG songs being stuck in your head.
I have to admit that there are some catchy tunes.

TGal--
Yup, all the shows are NickJr programs.
Don't bother w/ the Upside Down show.
It's these 2 goofy looking guy fast-forwarding and rewinding their actions w/ a remote control.

That's great and so cute that A is so into music.
J likes music, but she doesn't care much if you take it away from her.
Her shows is another story.

I don't know if A will like Little Bear though since there is no music.
It shows the daily life of this little bear and his friends (duck, hen, cat, and owl).

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

We have some channel called Qubo. We do not have cable and it's the only channel that has 24/7 kid shows (cartoons, nature shows, etc.)

Sophia is obsessed with Elliot Moose. She doesn't watch the show completely, just glance up at it every couple of minutes. But man when that song starts playing, she goes into full on dance mode.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock

My children are really into Fresh Beat Band these days. It's insufferable. Painful. And unfortunately, I find myself humming their songs all day long! Other faves include Olivia, Little Bear, Backyardigans and Dora, sometimes Kai Lan. They also like Arthur on PBS. They used to be into Wonder Pets but luckily they are over that one now! I could not stand that show.

I would have to say that my favorites are Olivia and Backyardigans. My older daughter actually is very Olivia-esque and I really love the character. And the Backyardigans are just awesome. They have some of the best moves ever--whoever choreographs their dances is amazing! I actually have a few favorite episodes: Riding the Range (it's the hip hop one) and Race Around the World are big winners in our household!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

curlygirl said:
My children are really into Fresh Beat Band these days. It's insufferable. Painful. And unfortunately, I find myself humming their songs all day long! Other faves include Olivia, Little Bear, Backyardigans and Dora, sometimes Kai Lan. They also like Arthur on PBS. They used to be into Wonder Pets but luckily they are over that one now! I could not stand that show.

I would have to say that my favorites are Olivia and Backyardigans. My older daughter actually is very Olivia-esque and I really love the character. And the Backyardigans are just awesome. They have some of the best moves ever--whoever choreographs their dances is amazing! I actually have a few favorite episodes: Riding the Range (it's the hip hop one) and Race Around the World are big winners in our household!

OK, you all have convinced me to check out Olivia. Thanks lili and Curly for the recs. Curly, I LOVE the backyardigans music. I don't know why! Last week I was watching the surfs up episode and Austin started singing and I just found it all very funny and clever. I laughed out loud and I think that's when I decided I loved the show. I love the dance moves too!

Re: wonder pets, I also hated that show until last week, until something kind of amusing happened. I put Amelia in time out, but now I put her against the wall in the hallways so she can't turn and see what's going on. She was crying and I was in my office for her time out. In between sobs, I heard her say, "THIS is SE-RI-OUS!" over and over again. I just found it so funny that that stupid duck now cracks me up.

Steph, I do like the premise of YGG, and like it when those weird characters are on, but the backdrops to some of the segments are so flashy and psychedlic, I feel wiggy just watching it and wonder if's a recipe for ADHD!

Fiery, never heard of that show, but I don't get out much. ::)

lili

Ideal_Rock

LOL..you mean "SE WI OUS".

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock

O doesn't really "watch" much, but he will stop and dance to the Wiggles. And he LOVES YGG.

The Wiggles have grown on me, fascinated by how dumb it is and yet they make millions.

I like YGG, it's so quirky. Plus I love the musical guests. Can't get "Lovely Family" out of my head by The Roots.

For some reason, I like Rubbderdubbers. It's on after The Wiggles (which I put on so O will be still and finish his bottle of milk). By the time RD comes on, he's squirmed off the couch and is off playing. I keep watching. :devil: I think I like their voices and accents.

The one that bugs me is Bob The Builder. :knockout:

Oh and Mara, I am so not ashamed, I LOVE The Bachelor Pad. It's so terrible, but I can't help it. It's the only reality show I watch (besides SYTYCD) so at least it's a short amount of time per week. :devil:

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock

I'll have to try out some of these on Kyle. At 18 months, has no interest in the TV at all. It's on in the background at day care with all the kids shows, but he doesn't watch it there either. I know I should be happy, but it just seems odd that he's not interested!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock

TGal, you should definitely give Olivia a shot. She's so sassy! And I love the Surf's Up episode of Backyardigans--rad moves!!! Gosh, I'm kind of pathetic...

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock

At our house he "watches" Disney Playhouse....he likes laughing at me when I dance to the Hot Dog song at the end.

At my parents house he is OBSESSED with Sprout TV. Whenever Nina and Star come on for the Goodnight Show--he grins so hard at her (We call her his girlfriend). He also loves when the little pig puppet girl comes on (Can't think of her name though...).

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock

tao, I forgot about the Disney stuff. We were very into Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for a while and that hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog song would bring out the silly side of all of us, including me. Yes, I had my own dance to it! They were also into Special Agent Oso for a very brief moment in time but they got over that one too.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock

We pretty much stick to PBS, and usually in the morning around the time I shower. Jacks has enjoyed most of the shows he's seen at this time, especially Sid the Science Kid, Curious George, and Dinosaur Train. He also likes Sesame Street. He seems pretty indifferent to SpongeBob, which I am very grateful for. Oh, and he still is OBSESSED with watching the weather when the news is on!

Super Why is actually what's usually on when I shower now that we moved to a different time zone, and I really don't like that one.

I do really like Sid the Science Kid, and when Jacks is older I hope to do a lot of the activities they do on there with him.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lily used to love Backyardigans and I agree it's really a cute show. I'll have to try and remember to put it on sometime for Jake.

Jake's recent favorite is Super Why. He also loves Blue's Clues. I don't think it's even on tv anymore but I have all the video's from when the girls were little. Leapfrog Letter Factory is also a huge favorite. I seriously LOVE all the Leapfrog dvd's!! Very entertaining and educational.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

All of the responses are scaring me--this is my future!!! and LOL TG that 'in between sobs' thing cracked me up. I'm going to be laughing in between discipline.

Did anyone use the Baby Einstein DVD's and like them? Someone gave us the set but we haven't even cracked it open.

CC.. lol I have no shame..it's the perfect brainless de-stresser after a busy workday!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Mara said:
All of the responses are scaring me--this is my future!!! and LOL TG that 'in between sobs' thing cracked me up. I'm going to be laughing in between discipline.

Did anyone use the Baby Einstein DVD's and like them? Someone gave us the set but we haven't even cracked it open.

CC.. lol I have no shame..it's the perfect brainless de-stresser after a busy workday!!

Seriously Mara, I had to move her to time out where she couldn't see me because many times, something about it becomes funny.

Someone gave me the baby einstein stuff to borrow and I tried one. Of course, Amelia was fixated but she'd look at the TV anytime it was on. I hated it and decided I didn't care for my baby to be an einstein and it confirmed my decision to put off TV until much later. A lot of moms like it and say their kids learned from them.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock

mrssalvo said:
Lily used to love Backyardigans and I agree it's really a cute show. I'll have to try and remember to put it on sometime for Jake.

Jake's recent favorite is Super Why. He also loves Blue's Clues. I don't think it's even on tv anymore but I have all the video's from when the girls were little. Leapfrog Letter Factory is also a huge favorite. I seriously LOVE all the Leapfrog dvd's!! Very entertaining and educational.
Oooh, The Letter Factory is Great! Another one that gets stuck in my head though!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock

Meena watches way too much TV. Her fave show now is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She used to ask for Elmo, but not anymore. She watches the other Plyhouse Disney shows (Agent Oso, Handy Manny, etc), Backyardigans, PBS shows (Curious George, Sid the Science Kid, SuperWhy, Word World, Dinosaur Train, etc). We tried YGG, but she wasn't into it. I think she likes cartoons more than shows with people in costumes.

I like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Backyardigans, and a lot of the PBS shows. I am not a fan of Dora or Ni Hao Kai Lan, but Meena isn't into them. I just don't like how they randomly put in words in Spanish and Mandarin.

Don't know about Baby Einstein videos, but I like the Little Einstein videos. We only have one video, and Meena seems to like it (she doesn't say no when we turn it on). Our nephew asked to watch Little Einstein videos everyday when he was a toddler.

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock

The Fresh Beat Band. Ugh.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock

My 6 year old, Aidan, loves SpongeBob, Big time Rush, iCarly. He likes Victorious but I just find it too old for him, and have recently nixed it. My 4 year old, Dillon, loves Spongebob, Franklin, Backyardigans, Thomas the Tank Engine.

I love Franklin and Little Bear! :oops: When my DD was little (she's 13 now *sniff* :(( ) she adored Dora, Franklin, and Little Bear. We used to snuggle and watch her shows together. So I have fond memories of those three shows.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock

taovandel said:
At our house he "watches" Disney Playhouse....he likes laughing at me when I dance to the Hot Dog song at the end.

At my parents house he is OBSESSED with Sprout TV. Whenever Nina and Star come on for the Goodnight Show--he grins so hard at her (We call her his girlfriend). He also loves when the little pig puppet girl comes on (Can't think of her name though...).

I really like Sprout's Good Night show, lol. It's so calm, I don't feel bad at all if they watch a show or two before bedtime if it's on Sprout!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

London used to like the Wiggles, and I'd find myself singing in my head "Henry the Octopus lives down in the deep blue sea.." throughout the day. Now she likes Oliva, and I put the kibosh on Chowder and this other one I didn't like-I forget the name. A boy and a pirate and a talking whale or something. Whatever, it was dumb. Oh, Slapjack or something. Gah.

I like some of the YGG songs. Bit freaked out by the orange leotard but ok. I like some of the songs between cartoons..2 guys play violins and kids dance and I have to stop to watch it. Then there's a guy who kinda reminds me of JD doing a number song-bald guy, got a goatee or something. And some new little deal w/chickens hatching and they each have a music tune they play-it's cute.

And I adore Charlie and Lola. It's my favorite. I wanted London to be Lola for Halloween but nobody would really know who she was being.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock

When JT was younger, he loved Blue's Clues and Johnny and the Sprites. The Sprites was my favorite kids show at the time. Now, we all love Phineas and Ferb. It's got some adult humor in it occasionally and is very clever.

I turned on Tom and Jerry the other day for JT to watch (the first I've seen it since I was probably ten) and I was aghast at the violence. I turned it off and told him there were no cartoons on.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock

LOL, I love this topic TGAL!

C watches too much TV as well--and so all the family must watch Nick Jr if they'd like to watch tv ;-). I miss my reality tv!!

Anyway, I had to laugh at Curly's comment on Fresh Beat Band. It came on over the weekend and DH and my sister were so irritated by it.....I believe my sister said it was the "worst show" she'd ever, seen "terrible music.",etc. Then C started singing along and swaying.

C loves Dora..that's the #1 show and seems to be sticking around. I've grown to like it....not sure what that says! Diego however I cannot handle, too much yelling. Yo Gabba Gabba creeps me, but once in a while we watch. C's #2 show is Wonder Pets. Again a show I found very irritating but now have grown to not mind it. The life size broadway show would be too much though! (a friend who went to it with his kids said he found it "profoundly disturbing.", lol)

I also do love Olivia--once I even waited around to see the conclusion of the show (I think it was the one where she realizes Olivia is a common name). I love that Curly's daughter is simliar to her--how cute!!!

The other shows are just fillers...meaning she'll watch to watch and I'll let her if I really need a break. Ruby and Max are creepy to me..fat annoying bunnies with bad voices. That Maggie show is king of creepy voices though!

I too love Backyardigans but C has gone off it-- only likes the beginning and ending (the main song) and DH says "I don't like this show, all they do is sing". Lol (and eye roll)--no surprise he doesn't like musicals either.

Anyway, thanks for starting this thread!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock

Shiny
Both DH and I like Phineas and Ferb. It's pretty funny. We watch it from time to time since they show it right after Playhouse Disney on Sat. Meena really doesn't get or care about the show; she is too young to get it.

lili

Ideal_Rock

QT and Janine--
LOL....now I don't feel that bad about the amount of TV that J watches.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock

lili
:bigsmile: The really funny thing for me is that FIL keeps telling us that Meena watches too much tv. So I said "just turn the tv off, so she can't watch." :lol: Seriously, she doesn't know how to turn on the tv and we are not home during the day to control it. You are the adult; you turn it off when you think it's too much.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results