shape
carat
color
clarity

What did you/will you do with your wedding photos?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I am obsessed!

Where and how do you display them? Do you have them hanging in your house? How many? Give them to relatives? Or just an album?

We gave our parents digital photo frames, so I''m going to give them each a compactflash card with the wedding photos loaded on it so they can display. Will give a framed photo to my grandmothers as well. I want to give my husband a photo that he can keep in his office. And I want some nice framed ones for our house. And an album. Is that too much?
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have a few in frames around our house, mostly on bookshelves. We also have one frame on a wall with a number of pictures from the day. Otherwise they are in an album.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We'll probably end up with one framed wedding photo in our living room, one in our family room, and one in our bedroom. The rest we will put into an album.

When we were shopping for our house we saw one home with an obscene amount of wedding photos. They had an enormous one hanging over their fireplace, at least one frame with wedding photos in it on every wall in the house, there were even wedding photos in the bathrooms and basement. It was really funny. They didn't even have any pictures of anyone other than themselves, and there weren't any from before or after their wedding. Our realtor laughed and told us that there were more wedding photos up every time she showed that house. They must have been very recent newlyweds.
2.gif

ETA: We haven't thought about giving any pictures to relatives. We gave a few snapshots to friends, but our group always exchanges great shots with each other after events, so it wasn't a gift or anything. I love the digital photo idea. We received a big digital photo frame as a gift and have no clue what to do with it.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Just a couple framed photos in the house. All the rest are just in an album that''s on the coffee table........or was. I moved the coffee table to get ready to bring home a christmas tree next week!!!! yay

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
We used to have a TON (I went a little crazy) and now they've been pared down quite a bit since we moved.

Here's where they are:

A 4 x 6 photo of my DH with my parents and grandparents is on my dresser, along with a second 4 x 6 of me and my girlfriends.

An 8x10 of us kissing in b&w is framed in our bedroom

An 8x10 where the guests signed the mat is hanging in the hallway between the bedrooms (I guess that's really an engagement photo, though).

There is an 8x10 over the mantle along hung with art we bought on our honeymoon

A 5 X 7 of our wedding party is framed in the living room on a side table

A 4 x 6 of our clasped hands and my bouquet is on the nightstand in the guest room

And that's it - the rest are in two albums (the professional one and then we have a big album full of proofs).

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have the gallery frame from red envelope and it is with our wedding photos (over our fireplace). I also have a large picture of my dad walking me down the aisle. You can''t even tell it is us (can''t see faces) but it is such a cool picture. Tessa has pretty much taken over out house. But I like having photographs on display so hopefully it is not too overdone. The rest is in a book. We gave each of our parents, grandmothers and sibling a frames picture of us the first x-mas after we were married.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
We have an informal album (haven''t ordered a nice one yet) and a few around the house. I have one 8 x 10 of the ceremony that I keep on a shelf and the other few are just 5 x 7s that we have around the house (most are landscape shots, we aren''t even in them). We didn''t give any photos as gifts--I think if we did give our parents an album, it would be more of a general album with lots of family shots and not necessarily a wedding album.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
We have 2 collage frames, an 11x14, and soon we will have our framed invitation hanging in our living room. We have an 8x10 in the bedroom, and we have a few more frames that we will probably fill as soon as I order prints. We went a bit crazy with the frames, but before the wedding, we had totally bare walls!

April20

Ideal_Rock
I am bad. I just sent over our wedding photo pics for our wedding album 3 weeks ago and it''s been 1.5 years since the wedding. Just Saturday, I sent what pics we want copies of. I bought one snap shot that I adore to have in our house (3 x 5 or was it 4 x 6?). I am not one for lots of wedding pics around, but that''s just me. I also ordered photos for both sets of my parents, my siblings and my grandparents. I am content with our main photos being in our album. When I get it, that is.
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results