shape
carat
color
clarity

Two of my best friends had their baby today!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Baby Logan James was born today, and I''m just too excited for the mommy and daddy, two of my closest friends. The mommy is diabetic and had a really rough pregnancy (she''s been on bed rest for the past several months). The daddy''s mother also has cancer and didn''t think she''d ever make it long enough to see the birth of her first grandchild. Watching the proud daddy and his mother crying and telling each other how much they loved each other through the nursery window glass was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. The baby''s a little over 8 pounds (GREAT for the baby of a diabetic mom since they were afraid of him having a low birth weight!), and he has these huge chubby cheeks and chin! Just had to share!
10.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahh, you sound like a sweet friend!!! How exciting and glad mommy is okay and grandma is around!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
What a blessing! And for grandmother to be there to see her grandson; that''s medicine that no Dr. could provide!!

What sweet news.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
This really made my night! My cousin, who I love so much, is also a diabetic (on insulin) and she is 7 1/2 months pregnant with her first! Hers is a very high risk pregnancy--my whole family is just praying that everything goes smoothly in these last couple of months (fingers crossed!).

This really helped to ease my fears, so thank you! And congrats to you and your dear friends (and that new precious baby!).

36.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
awww! More precious little babies in our world. Congrats to your friends!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 10:17:53 PM
Author: Bia
This really made my night! My cousin, who I love so much, is also a diabetic (on insulin) and she is 7 1/2 months pregnant with her first! Hers is a very high risk pregnancy--my whole family is just praying that everything goes smoothly in these last couple of months (fingers crossed!).

This really helped to ease my fears, so thank you! And congrats to you and your dear friends (and that new precious baby!).

36.gif

bia, i''m so glad hearing about my friend''s situation gave you some peace of mind! L''s was really high-risk. she started having contractions at only five months along, sometimes as frequent as three minutes apart. the doctors made her wait until two weeks after her original due date so that the baby''s lungs would be fully developed because that seems to be one of the biggest concerns when the mother is diabetic, but he''s a big, healthy, screamer, haha! as long as your cousin takes good care of herself and monitors her diabetes well, she and baby will be a-okay. she''s getting close--how exciting!
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, so exciting! I love it when my friends have babies too! Congrats!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to the new parents! I''m glad the baby arrived safe and sound, and it warms my heart to know that his grandmother was able to meet him.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results