shape
carat
color
clarity

Self-Filtering Water Bottle?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Hey there, PSers, any recommendations for a 16 to 48 oz. self-filtering water bottle?

I''d like one for my desk at school so I can stop hauling in my own water bottles and be a little more "green" and eco-saavy. My school building is old and the pipes are connected to the incinerator building next door, so the water here isn''t the cleanest. Do any of you use a bottle like this? I''m looking for something that is self-contained, filter in the bottle either hanging from the top or attached to the bottom.

TIA!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,
I have a reverse osmosis filter on my home water tap. Have you considered getting one of those instead and filling your bottle every day before work? That kind of filter is the best at cleaning water & removing chlorine AND the tank holds enough water that you can fill a large pan and use it for cooking too.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 7:18:17 PM
Author: MC
Hi,
I have a reverse osmosis filter on my home water tap. Have you considered getting one of those instead and filling your bottle every day before work? That kind of filter is the best at cleaning water & removing chlorine AND the tank holds enough water that you can fill a large pan and use it for cooking too.
Thanks for yoru response, MC. I had thought about getting something like that, but I am limited on storage space for a tank of that size and would prefer a portable bottle that I can take and refill anywhere - school, car trips, stores, etc. I know I''ve seen them somewhere at a local store, maybe it was the REI near here... I am most concerned with getting something that won''t leak everywhere if I throw it in my bag!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I also use Britta both at home and the water bottle they are both fantastic and much cheaper and more eco-friendly then buying bottled water

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
if the water is really bad use a coffee filter as a pre-filter will extend the life of your bottles filter a whole lot.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results