shape
carat
color
clarity

New Britax Frontier 90!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
For those moms who are interested, I got my son's new Frontier 90 and installed it. It was advertized as being a super easy install with the new Click Tight system, and guess what?? It WAS that easy! You just lift the flap on the car seat, squeeze these buttons, and the back part of the seat swings up to reveal the belt path. I installed using a seat belt, though could still do LATCH for many more lbs. You do have to make sure you have the slack removed from both the lap and shoulder portions, but after that, you literally swing the back portion back down and it clicks in, making the install rock solid. Yay!

The only thing I'm not 100% on is that the headrest seems very flimsy and wobbily. It's probably b/c it's a no-rethread headrest, unlike the earlier Frontiers, so that might be why it seems not as stable.

Because it doesn't have the side impact cushions (the Pinnacle does), it's definitely slimmer the 85 SICT and there's virtually no overhang, unlike the other Frontiers.

I'm attaching some pics that compare it with the Graco Nautilus and the 85 SICT.

85_sict_v.jpg

forntier_90_vs.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, we got this seat a couple of weeks ago and LOVE it. TGuy is a carseat installation master (we have older blvds, marathons, and advocates) and he and I both were awed by how easy this was to install with a seat belt.

I give it two BIG thumbs up.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1369359181|3452804 said:
Oh yeah, we got this seat a couple of weeks ago and LOVE it. TGuy is a carseat installation master (we have older blvds, marathons, and advocates) and he and I both were awed by how easy this was to install with a seat belt.

I give it two BIG thumbs up.

The only thing that seems odd to me is that the headrest seems really flimsy to me- very wobbly. I imagine it's because it's a no-rethread harness unlike its older sister? Is yours sturdy?

Here's a picture of the two occupants in a 2007 Saturn Aura (no longer made). DD (turned 5 last week) is on the left in the 85 SICT and DS is on the right in the 90 (turned 3 in April).

_6603.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, mine is definitely wobbly too.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so excited for you (or I guess D!)! That seat looks so cool.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results