shape
carat
color
clarity

Middle name help for Clarissa, please??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Hi PSers,

I used to frequent the diamond forums regularly and had no idea there was this whole pregnancy/baby community here too! What a great resouce! I''m hoping I can pick some of your brains since I know from past experience what good taste PSers have :)

Anyway, we''re expecting and have settled on the name "Clarissa" for a girl. But we are stumped on a good middle name! Here are the few that we have thought up but I''d love other suggestions if anyone has them:

Clarissa Anne [good b/c it''s a family name, but maybe too plain, especially since the last name is common (2 syllables)]
Clarissa Noelle [I love the flow of this one but is it OK to use Noelle if it''s not a Christmas baby?]
Clarissa May [not sure I love it, but the baby is due in May]
Clairssa Brielle or Clarissa Gabrielle [like the flow of these but not sure I love those middle names? Maybe something else like that...]

Any thoughts on any of these or any other suggestions? Thanks very much!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I''ll play!

Clarissa Rose
Clarissa Jane
Clarissa Nicole

audball

Ideal_Rock
Hmm...I don''t like ''run of the mill'' middle names like Ann, Nicole, Marie, Lynn...I mean they ALL sound great with just about anything, which is why I guess so many people have used them. Here are some I came up with that sound good with Clarissa. Depending on your last name, they may/may not sound okay.

Clarissa Loraine
Clarissa Michelle
Clarissa Elaine
Clarissa Brooke
Clarissa Ruby
Clarissa Grace
Clarissa Abigail (or maybe just Gail)
Clarissa Hope
Clarissa Shea

Hope these help!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Clarissa Marie

mz

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I love Clarissa Noelle! That sounds super cute!

Clarissa Jean
Clarissa Renee
Clarissa Janelle
Clarissa Lee
Clarissa Kay
Clarissa Kelli
Clarissa Lindsey

drk

Brilliant_Rock
I have to say, Clarissa Marie was the first to pop into my head. Not a fan of May for some reason.

I do like Clarissa Elaine that audball suggested. I think Clarissa Noelle is nice, even if she isn''t a Xmas baby. And I like Clarissa Anne too.

What about Renee, Adele, Eve, Irene, Maureen? Clarissa feels like a more traditional name to me (very nice, and not too common), so I can''t see anything too trendy.

Names are hard! What letter does your last name start with?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I thought Clarissa Rose or Clarissa Renee. Just seems like the second name should start with R.

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/20/2009 1:19:53 PM
Author: drk
I have to say, Clarissa Marie was the first to pop into my head. Not a fan of May for some reason.

I do like Clarissa Elaine that audball suggested. I think Clarissa Noelle is nice, even if she isn''t a Xmas baby. And I like Clarissa Anne too.

What about Renee, Adele, Eve, Irene, Maureen? Clarissa feels like a more traditional name to me (very nice, and not too common), so I can''t see anything too trendy.

Names are hard! What letter does your last name start with?
drk, I agree -- I think the classic/traditional may work best. I''m even really liking some that sound sort of French (Brielle, Gabrielle, Noelle, Lisette) -- just that kind of sound, if not necessarily those particular names. Though I do think Clarissa Noelle is strong contender if not being a December baby isn''t a problem.

Last name starts with "A" (2 syllables).

Thanks for all the suggestions, ladies! It''s a big decision!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clarissa Elaine
Clarissa Renee
Clarissa Delaney (kind of long)

I like the Clarissa-something-long "A" sound.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Clarissa Marie and Clarissa Anne were also the first 2 that popped instantly into my head. Flow so perfectly together and very pretty.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Before even opening the thread Anne popped into my mind. I love that and Marie- sounds so classic and timeless to me.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Clarissa sounds good with so many names!
I really like Clarissa Noelle, but I have no idea about whether you can use it for a non-Christmas baby. (Who says you can't, though?)

I also like:
Clarissa Grace
Clarissa Brielle (I may have made that up, but it sounds so pretty: bree-elle)

I really like Clarissa Noelle, I must say!

ETA: Never mind, I see that *you* already write Clarissa Brielle. DOH!

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I know about 5 people with Noel/Noelle as either first or middles names and none of them are December babies. If that''s what you love, go with it. I actually think I prefer the name Noelle when it isn''t in reference to Christmas. It''s just a pretty name- not a ''theme'' name.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2009 12:50:10 PM
Author: movie zombie
Clarissa Marie

mz

That''s the first thing that popped into my mind, too.

And if you love Noelle for a middle name, use it! I''ve known two Noelles (that was their first name) and I don''t think their birthdays were around Christmas.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Don''t ask me why, my mind said Clarissa Loraine

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2009 1:54:41 PM
Author: upgrade
I know about 5 people with Noel/Noelle as either first or middles names and none of them are December babies. If that's what you love, go with it. I actually think I prefer the name Noelle when it isn't in reference to Christmas. It's just a pretty name- not a 'theme' name.

Agreed! I love the flow of Clarissa Noelle.

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I''m glad people are liking Clarissa Noelle. I''m leaning towards that too!

What do you think of Clarissa Annaliese? That might flow a little better than Clarissa Anne, but still be a variation on the family name of Anne...

Giant thanks for all the ideas!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2009 2:11:36 PM
Author: thing2of2

Clarissa Marie

mz

And if you love Noelle for a middle name, use it! I''ve known two Noelles (that was their first name) and I don''t think their birthdays were around Christmas.
Me Three... (honestly)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2009 2:30:52 PM
Author: Starset Princess
Don''t ask me why, my mind said Clarissa Loraine
Love this suggestion. Clarissa Noelle is pretty too, but I''m stuck on it being related to Christmas and the baby due in May. Clarissa Rene is another one I like.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Well, Annaliese is my middle name and I always liked it. My first name is just as long. DH laughs at it, because it''s apparently very "old-lady" German. Would just depend on the flow of the names with your last name whether there''s too many "A"''s in there or not.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like one syllable middle names (even though my DD''s isn''t Haha) So I like

Clarissa Jane
Clarissa Rose
Clarissa Grace
Clarissa Anne
Clarissa Eve

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2009 3:52:42 PM
Author: Steel

Date: 11/20/2009 2:11:36 PM
Author: thing2of2

Clarissa Marie

mz

Me Three... (honestly)
Me four. Before I even opened the thread I thought "Clarissa Marie." I really like Clarissa Noelle.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Before seeing your list I thought "Clarissa Mae". I like that spelling of "may" and we may use it if we have a daughter.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/20/2009 4:58:08 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I like one syllable middle names (even though my DD's isn't Haha) So I like

Clarissa Jane

Clarissa Rose

Clarissa Grace

Clarissa Anne

Clarissa Eve

Ditto -- I'd prefer a single syllable with "Clarissa" -- and since "Clarissa" sounds a little bit frothy to me (I don't mean that in a negative way at all -- that's just how it sounds to me) I'd go with a strong sounding middle name... Jane, Ann, Lee, Faith or Grace, Jean...

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Clarissa Marie

mz

I was going to say this too. Marie works really well after any hard "a" ending.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I like Noelle or Brielle. I don''t think it has to be an Xmas baby to use the name Noelle.

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE Clarissa Noelle. It doesn''t remind me of Christmas at all.
I like Clarissa Anne too and Clarissa Annaliese.

I''m really loving Annaliese, I think it''s lovely!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/20/2009 4:58:08 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I like one syllable middle names (even though my DD''s isn''t Haha) So I like

Clarissa Jane
Clarissa Rose
Clarissa Grace
Clarissa Anne
Clarissa Eve
So do I!

I like Grace and Rose as middle names, Clarissa Jayde is another that hasn''t been mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results