shape
carat
color
clarity

Maternity Shoot

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH and I just booked a newborn shoot and the photog offered a get to know us session where she'll take some maternity photos. I'll be 37 weeks in a couple of days so we booked it for Sunday. I know some folks have done maternity shoots here but I can't seem to find anything using the search function.

I've looked online for some ideas and a lot of it seems so cheesy! I don't want anything that'll end up on www.awkardfamilyphotos.com. Any ideas?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I did some, and they were SO fun. I'll post a few of my favorites. The first time it ended up trying to rain and it was COLD (this was last March), so we tried a second time and I have been so busy I haven't met up with her to get my photo disk, haha. But here are a few!

aimee41.jpg

aimee21.jpg

aimee1.jpg

aimee71.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
pupp i had a friend take mine and i just wore black yoga pants and a white tank, and we did the shoot at our house against things like lacy curtains (b/w photos), a white wall, on the bed laying down, with hands on belly, silhouette, profile, etc. we didn't use any props, anything we did try like a bear or whatever just looked weird when we viewed the shots later. so i just used the most simple ones. most of them were in B/W but she did some light sepia and also light color ones that looked good.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I had my husband take me out to our local park in the fall to shoot some pictures when I was 31.5 weeks along. He did a nice job.

31.5wk9.jpg

31.5wk8.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would love to do maternity pictures, but unfortunately while I have a bump in clothes, I don't really have a defined bump like lkn's (which is what I would want!). So I'll probably save my pennies and do some knockout newborn pics instead!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MP, I love those photos - the last one is my favorite!

Mara, I remember seeing your photos in the preggo thread so I was confused when my search returned NADA. You looked so purty!! I was thinking a new outfit but I have yoga pants and a white tank and maybe I could also do a foldover skirt and tank in neutrals? I think I'll ask DH to just do jeans and a black t-shirt. When I told DH about the shoot he said "What should I wear? My wedding suit?" :lol: I think you're right - to avoid the cheese-factor we'll go no props or minimal props.

lknvrb4, great pics! I would totally love to get some outdoor shots. Our back yard is kind of bare but we're a block from *town* and we have a nice front porch so maybe some front porch shots would be nice.

HH, you never know - when you get to the end you may be showing less compact. Since ours is *free* (well, built into the cost of the newborn shoot) we're gonna go for it. Maybe if you look for newborn photogs now, they'll have a similar set up? We contacted three and they all offered a *free* mat shoot.

There is one thing I noticed in a lot of the online pics I looked at. A lot of women had their regular jeans on unbuttoned. That surprised me. There's NO WAY I could fit my a$$ and thighs into my regular jeans! I was so jealous. Oh, and the photog suggested I wear one of DH's dress shirts for bare belly shots...seeing as though I weigh about 25 pounds more than him right now, it might not cover much!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HH oh girl you will definitely be looking WAY more defined at 31 weeks!! it's inevitable. i had a blobby gut thing going until around 20-22 weeks.

pupp..i loved my pics..! i would post them here again, but WAY more people will look at this thread than a random page of the preggo thread and i am not that brave--so here is just one of G's hand on my belly which i loved.

i wore this scalloped tank from BR from before preggo ... random really, but in 20/20 hindsight it was the perfect top to wear because it kind of framed the belly in a way. i was so lazy but it worked out...all i did was curl my hair and my friend did my makeup.

oh and i agree re: just regular pants unbuttoned. my jeans stopped fitting at week 8! my gf did some awesome pics and had on a white button down opened to show her cleavage and belly and unsnapped her jeans and it was really cute.

MP love that last one too!! lkr...great pics.

mg belly handb.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara said:
HH oh girl you will definitely be looking WAY more defined at 31 weeks!! it's inevitable. i had a blobby gut thing going until around 20-22 weeks.

pupp..i loved my pics..! i would post them here again, but WAY more people will look at this thread than a random page of the preggo thread and i am not that brave--so here is just one of G's hand on my belly which i loved.

i wore this scalloped tank from BR from before preggo ... random really, but in 20/20 hindsight it was the perfect top to wear because it kind of framed the belly in a way. i was so lazy but it worked out...all i did was curl my hair and my friend did my makeup.

oh and i agree re: just regular pants unbuttoned. my jeans stopped fitting at week 8! my gf did some awesome pics and had on a white button down opened to show her cleavage and belly and unsnapped her jeans and it was really cute.

MP love that last one too!! lkr...great pics.

LOL, thanks Mara I'm hoping I'll pop a little more. Unfortunately I'm 30 weeks along, not 20 so I don't have much time for that to happen. Damn ab muscles just wont let go! I guess there are downsides to having flat abs before getting pregnant...

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I was talking yesterday about having them done.

I'd like a really good one of DH's and my hands on my tummy and get that blown up and hang it in the nursery. our first family photo. :praise:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, I love that pic! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to add it to my list of shots I would like.

Noel, go for it!

I'll let you guys know how the shoot went on Monday!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, I obviously am still living 2 months behind ... I thought you were still early 20's HH! Time sure is flying (easy for me to say I know...).

Pupp I am sure your pics will be fab. Have fun!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results