shape
carat
color
clarity

Le Creuset help, please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I really hope I didn''t butcher the spelling too badly. Quick question: I''m working on my Christmas wishlist, and I''d like to add a Le Creuset french oven to it. I''d like a smaller size that''s good for cooking for 2-4 people. What size (and shape?) do you recommend?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think mine is 5.5 or 4.5 and works really well for 2+ people. I have a round, because it's easier to stir than the oval shaped ones IMO.

ETA: But the oval is better for roasts and such, so if you plan on doing more of that than soups, stews, etc. that might be a better shape for you.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
I have a 7 1/4 Quart round and it''s perfect for most recipes. It''s a little big for 2 people but perfect for four. I make enough for four when it''s just the two of us and save the rest as left-overs.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 9qt Oval, and I usually make something that lasts FI and I a week (5 days), but we''re not big eaters. If make dishes more alogn the lines of stews, where you need to brown chunks of meat, the bigger over might work better, as there''s more surface area.

Otherwise, I would go with something like a ~7qt. As far as shape, again, depends on what you cook.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I have the 5.5 qt round in the lime green color. I LOVE it. It''s just about my favorite kitchen item and worth every penny. I cook for 2 of us (but cook for 3-4 so we have leftovers).

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I believe I have a 5-ish qt oval and I absolutely love it. I have a larger round pot, so I didn't need anything that big and I thought the oval shape would give me more options. It's the perfect size for making food for two people.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
two 5.5 quart rounds: too much for two people but not if you love leftovers like we do...and i pack my husband''s lunch during the week.

movie zombie

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 5:49:56 PM
Author: CDNinNYC
I have a 7 1/4 Quart round and it''s perfect for most recipes. It''s a little big for 2 people but perfect for four. I make enough for four when it''s just the two of us and save the rest as left-overs.
I have the 7 1/2 quart as well, and even though there are just two of us, I use it all the time. I make a lot of soups, but its also good for other things. Better to have it too big than too small.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, i find the versatility of the larger pot to be worth it. i use the same pot for roasting also.

movie zombie

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a 5.5 qt, and now I'm regretting not getting the 7.5 qt. The 5.5 has been absolutely fine in terms of size for 2-4 people, in all honesty. But if I ever have to cook for a crowd it's not big enough.

ps. Mine's a Staub, not a Le Creuset. And I love it!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I love my pieces. I used my dutch oven last night for a roast. It always comes out great. Mine is large, 14 on the lid, so not sure if that is the size or what.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I have both round and oval and I probably like the oval the most.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results