color
clarity

For new/expectant dads

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty accurate also!

I had one meltdown with my husband because he was saying he was working harder than me (not in those words exactly) because he was actually going to work. I wound up in the bathroom crying.

And yes to the being late thing and counting the minutes until he came home. I had Evan in late fall so I was stuck in the house most of the time because we had a horrible winter with snow. I would sometimes not speak to anyone all day! So I would be counting down the minutes until he got home just so I could actually hear my own voice...or at least have someone respond to what I was saying.

Thanks for the Post!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! I hate hate hate when dad's call being home alone with their kids *babysitting*. It really irks me.

DH has asked to be called "coach" while I'm in labor so I informed him he's "dad" from here on out! :lol:

Last night at Breastfeeding class, the instructor kept referring to the dads as boyscout. It was driving my DH crazy.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I meant dads not dad's. This pregnancy is ruining my grammar!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I am not pregnant, nor do I have children, yet that did not keep me from laughing so hard I nearly peed my pants (it's a good think I'm NOT pregnant or it could have been a real possibility). I can see my own husband doing any number of these things. My favorite sentence, however, was "If you ask 'What's for dinner?' the answer will be 'Your left testicle'."

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
OMG where was this post when I first had the baby?!

No, kidding. My husband watched the baby the whole first week because I was pretty much bed-ridden, so other than my occasional, "Omfg, you get uninterrupted sleep on a regular basis so STFU!" I let him be lol. He is helpful most of the time, too.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
That blog was so funny! Thanks for posting.

:bigsmile:

Steel

Ideal_Rock
"I'll be home early, I'm bringing dinner and I want to take the baby for a walk as soon as I get home"

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Genius, HH, thanks for sharing. It's all true. Especially the parts about getting your a$$ in the house and coming home for dinner on time. 5 pm was my breaking point, every night. I was like, I don't care WHAT you do or what we eat, just come home and HOLD THE BABY. That's it.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Pretend you like the baby. I know, I know, you like the baby but most new mothers are wired with this demented sense of responsibility so even if their baby is screaming like a rabid howler monkey they don't want to leave it. So if you go in and say something like "take a shower, I've missed him all day and I can't wait to hold him" then take the wailing, purple terror and pretend to love it like a playoff game. In turn, she will be more willing to go bathe, eat or generally reset to be less crazy.

This made me lol

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know I probably can't appreciate it like those who are or have been pregnant can, but I loved reading it. :bigsmile:

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Oh that's perfect!!!

I almost strangled my DH when he decided to stay after work and play golf. The day Kyle got his first shots. And cried for hours.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hudson_Hawk said:
I know we have at least one expectant dad lurking around (Yes, I mean you David!), but this is also relevant for those of us ladies who are expecting. I plan to print out this and post it on our fridge for DH to read regularly....It's informative and pretty damn funny too.

http://www.pregnantchicken.com/preg.../new-dad-survival-guide-8-essential-tips.html

Hudson, my wife will want to have your full address, and information on who to make the check out to...hehehe

Amazing article.
From the dad's perspective things are totally different.
I stumbled upon the thread about someone who'd left a baby in the car to use the loo..... one of the things that struck me was the dichotomy from most men's method of reasoning. Stunning. Really.

I'm the guy who faints at the sight of blood- I'd never think of heading past that curtain to the business end.
Not that they allow it on a C section- which is what we're having.

I'm very excited, when I'm not totally scared $h1t1e$$

thank you for the thread HH

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
This was really true for us, especially the first 2! I distinctly remember multiple nights (with dh's horrible variable schedule), that dh would call around the time he usually left, and I'd be like, you're on your way home right? and he'd say, no I'm calling to say we're swamped and it will be a while, and I just broke down crying. And then when he got home, I'd stand at the window in the door, watching him play around with his music or phone and just want to strangle him for not hurrying in!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Nate is really bad about not calling when he's going to be late! I remember when the twins were a few months old and I would literally be near tears because Grayson was such a high maintenance baby and he would call me from the hospital and tell me that one of his patients crashed or something, and he would be late. Like no matter what I did, sometimes Gray would just cry and cry. It was heartbreaking.

That was hilarious though. Especially the what's for dinner thing. I loved that one.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rockdiamond said:
Hudson_Hawk said:
I know we have at least one expectant dad lurking around (Yes, I mean you David!), but this is also relevant for those of us ladies who are expecting. I plan to print out this and post it on our fridge for DH to read regularly....It's informative and pretty damn funny too.

http://www.pregnantchicken.com/preg.../new-dad-survival-guide-8-essential-tips.html

Hudson, my wife will want to have your full address, and information on who to make the check out to...hehehe

Amazing article.
From the dad's perspective things are totally different.
I stumbled upon the thread about someone who'd left a baby in the car to use the loo..... one of the things that struck me was the dichotomy from most men's method of reasoning. Stunning. Really.

I'm the guy who faints at the sight of blood- I'd never think of heading past that curtain to the business end.
Not that they allow it on a C section- which is what we're having.

I'm very excited, when I'm not totally scared $h1t1e$$

thank you for the thread HH

LOL, I take payment in clear faceted carbon David....And my DH refuses to look "below the curtain" as well. It's like he thinks it's some mythical portal to another dimension that he will never escape from, or Medusa and he'll turn to stone or go blind (he might prefer going blind after looking at what's going on!). And he's scared $h1t1e$$ too, then again so am I!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results