shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust for my new niece please.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
My beautiful little niece was born Tuesday night via an emergency c-section after my sister's water broke 24 hours prior. My sister's labor was progressing very slowly, so the docs kept pushing pitocin, and with every contraction it produced, the baby's heart rate dropped. Finally, it had dropped so drastically and dramatically, that they put my sister under general anesthesia and performed the c-section. When born, the baby seemed very out of it and less responsive than the doctors would have liked, so there was concern about possible brain swelling. My sister saw her baby for the first time for a very brief moment hours after the birth, then the doctors rushed to transport the baby to a hospital with a cooling blanket. I guess the idea is that by dropping the body temperature to a chilly 92-93 degrees, it helps lessen the chance of any permanent neurological damage. I think.

They weren't able to arrange a room and transport for my sister until late the next evening. The baby had several mini seizures after being placed in the cooling blanket, and seemed to be in discomfort, so they administered 2 anti-seizure meds and some morphine. After she started receiving the morphine, her color looked horrible and her breathing seemed very labored. She was off the morphine when I finally got to visit yesterday, and looked a lovely shade of peachy pink, but is still on the anti-seizure meds. They will start to try warming her up on Saturday, where there will be a risk of her seizing again. If she responds well to the warming, my sister might finally be able to hold her baby for the first time. The baby's MRI is set for Tuesday, when hopefully the doctors will be able to tell my sister and her husband some more detailed (good) news. Worst case scenario is permanent brain damage and cerebral palsy. Any positive thoughts and prayers you could send the baby's way would be appreciated.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Oh PT, sending thoughts and prayers for your little niece and your family. What a terrible thing to have to experience after what should be such a happy event. Dust that she will be able to go home soon and live a healthy, normal life.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
The poor little thing! Your sister must be beside herself with worry! I sincerely hope the little thing pulls through with little to no lasting issues!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Biggest hugs and dust outgoing for you niece and the whole family.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Sending you and your family dust and prayers!

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
Hope the baby is ok now, best wishes to your niece and your family.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, how terrible. Prayers outgoing to your niece, your sister, and the rest of the family.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending tons and tons of dust to your little niece and family...and keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers for a happy outcome. (((Hugs))) to you.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
DUST DUST DUST Parrot Tulip - I hope the critical time has passed and your beautiful new niece is doing well.... hugs to all of you at this very stressful time and a HUGE <<<HUG>>> for your sister. She must be terrified. Thinking positive thoughts for all of you....

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for your kind words and prayers/dust. Baby was whimpering in her sleep when I went to visit yesterday, and her breathing sounded quite labored. Baby is well loved and being well taken care of, but her situation seems to involve a lot of, "we'll just have to wait and see." Even her MRI on Tuesday won't show anything definitive. Poor sister and BIL may not know the full extent of their daughter's situation for years. But, hopefully she responds well to having her body temp brought back up today, so my sister will finally get to hold her.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I'm just so sorry to hear about this, the uncertainty has got to be very hard on everyone...I hope your sister gets to hold her baby soon. Much dust and positive thoughts being sent, hugs to all and hang in there.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry your niece is going through this. I pray she is healthy and can go home very soon.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh gosh, lots and lots of dust/prayers/healing vibes. Please keep us posted.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending lots of dust and positive thoughts for your niece. Sending strength for your sister and BIL too.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
PT, I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope your little niece is ok. Sending dust & prayers for her & your sis & BIL.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh the dear little poppet :(sad So sorry to hear this parrot, sending strength and healing vibes across the seas!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
I'll be praying for your niece and her parents. What a scary situation. I'm glad to hear she's in good hands and I hope your sister is able to hold her baby soon! How wonderful that will be for them both.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Sending prayers to your family. I hope all goes well today and your sister can hold the baby.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
ParrotTulips - hoping things are improving miraculously, day by day. Please tell us some good news...

and continued DUST DUST DUST for your precious little niece.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Baby's MRI came back normal this afternoon! She had also responded well to warming up on Saturday (which meant my sister could hold her and start nursing). Hopefully this means she'll be home this weekend. She'll be on anti-seizure meds for about the next 6 months or so, but all in all, everything looks positive. Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and words.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
parrot tulips|1369780018|3455306 said:
Baby's MRI came back normal this afternoon! She had also responded well to warming up on Saturday (which meant my sister could hold her and start nursing). Hopefully this means she'll be home this weekend. She'll be on anti-seizure meds for about the next 6 months or so, but all in all, everything looks positive. Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and words.

Oh I am so happy for you all! Thank goodness she is doing well! Continued healing dust being sent her way and keeping her in my thoughts.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
parrot tulips|1369780018|3455306 said:

:appl: :appl: :appl:

such wonderful news to hear!! I hope it all goes upwards from here!! YAY!!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
PT, so happy to hear that things are looking positive for your niece, continued dust and thoughts!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw this thread, PT, so sorry to hear about this situation! I'm glad your niece is doing better, but I will continue to send positive thoughts for her good health. Hugs.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad things have taken a positive turn!! :appl: Sending more dust and positive thoughts for continued improvement!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results