shape
carat
color
clarity

Diaper Pails

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
So, it''s come to choosing a diaper pail! I''ve read the reviews and asked around and no one can agree!

Originally I was sold on the Dekor, but looking at it was really just a plastic garbage can with an opening. Meanwhie the Champ looked huge to me! I''d heard mixed reviews on the Genie, but someone told me Genie II was the one to get. So I ended up with that, but still a bit unsure.

Anyone have feedback on this? Thanks!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Genie you have to buy expensive refills for which seems to be the major issue. Most people I''ve talked to says that just a trash can with a tight fitting lid is enough...it seems that this is something that NO ONE has a consensus on...

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking of getting the Genie II, then I saw how expensive buying the refill can be. So we ended up just getting a large stainless steel trash can. It''s been working fine; the room doesn''t smell like dirty diapers.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Don''t bother getting one of these! I think it''s a total scam and waste of money. Just use a regular garbage can with a bag in it and you''ll be fine. In the beginning, there won''t be any smell anyway so you don''t have to worry about it but once she starts eating solids, you''ll find yourself taking out the garbage a little more often!
2.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
From what I''ve read, the Genie II is way too expensive with those refills and the Diaper Champ uses regular garbage bags and doesn''t do anything for the stink factor. Might as well use a regular garbage can! Breastfed baby''s diapers may not be stinky but once they start eating solid food it stinks. We bought the Diaper Dekor and will most likely give that a try. However, I just read the reviews on the refills and it seems that they recently changed them to biodegradable bags - you get less and it''s more expensive. People aren''t as pleased. So now I don''t know what to do. Seems like no one can agree on what''s the best. I''m interested in hearing opinions.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I have the Diaper Genie that twists and it doesn''t really work for me. With twins we go through twice as many diapers so the pail gets full faster.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I have the newer version Diaper Genie (you don''t have to twist the top). I couldn''t see living without it. For us, the refills last a LONG time, its not like I''m buying a new refill every week. With a 1 yr. old eating regular food now, I can''t see not having it.
21.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they are a waste. I just use a trash can with a lid and take it out when it starts to smell.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
We got the Champ after much debate and I couldn''t be happier.

No smell and can hold a lot!

We use 5-6 diaper''s a day and they start to smell on her!

Champ needs to be changed about every 3-4 days.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I had the Diaper Champ. I liked it because I could use any bag but a problem I had was the part that was supposed to push the diaper in the pail always got stuck. I remember I put those stick on air fresheners on the inside of the pail to keep things smelling good. Problem was I hardly used the darn thing & eventually wound up just putting diapers in plastics bags & pitching them in the garage trash can. In my case it was a waste of money.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vegas my Champ broke before my daughter was even born. I was just testing it out when it happened. The lady at BRU said they get lots of returns.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t even use a trash can with a lid (we are getting one though, at some point!). I just take it out every day and I also re-use plastic bags for the poopy diapers. At this stage, her room does not smell.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
BTW the dollar store sells scented plastic bags that work pretty good. Plus it is like 100 for $1.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results