shape
carat
color
clarity

contemplating children or already have them?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Interesting article!

One of the things I am suprised about given the amount of information out there is that parents still give and are advised to give their children so much cow's milk.

Links have been shown between milk consumption and rates of testicular and breast cancer as well as infertility. Today we milk cows right up until they are about to give birth - this means that there are extremely high levels of oestrogens present - in countries like Mongolia, where milk forms an important part of the diet, the stop milking cows in the early months of pregnancy and oestrogen levels in their milk are 70% less than those in milk in the USA.

Add to that the fact that 50% of caucasian, 80% of black africans and nearly 99% of native American Indians are lactose intolerant and the complete destruction of almost all vitamins by pasteurisation (the vitamins are added back in later) it's amazing what a great advertising job the milk industry manages to do.

I eat cheese, cream, butter and products made with milk, I also cook with it, but I wouldn't give my daughter a glass of milk to drink.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, the milk aspect is interesting. I've read that it can increase odds of getting type-1 diabetes (insulin dependant/pancrease no longer produces insulin - not related to type II).

Both my kids were breastfed for one year and then when I weaned my older son (to try for kid 2) he refused to drink milk and so he was given soy milk instead and now I am worried about that! After then, he began drinking cow's milk and from then until they were about age 6 we given only organic milk. Hopefully that made things a bit safer for them! Who knows.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results