shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Lynnie...

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
I was just looking at the Home Renovation thread from a while back and noticed your sofas--is that the Lena Putty set from Ashley? DH and I have been butt testing couches for a while now and liked that set, but I haven''t really been able to find any product reviews for it, so I''m a little nervous about purchasing it without knowing if there are any drawbacks to it, ya know?
37.gif
TIA for any info, and if I misidentified your furniture, so sorry!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Good eye, doodle!! Yes, it is the Lena Putty by Ashley. I've had it since November, and have absolutely no complaints about it so far. It's very comfy! We're big on lounging - not sitting - on our furniture, and I think the comfiness factor is great on them! My cats think so too... they like to sleep on the top (back?) cushions, so much so that I put pillows on top of them, just to keep the cats off, 'cause I'm afraid they'll get mis-shapen from the cats sleeping on them all the time. But so far, so good. We only have the sofa and loveseat (no room for the chair or ottoman). The cushions are still in really good shape, though we do rotate them regularly. It's just DH & I, and we do have "our" spots, KWIM? Oh, but the cushions aren't the kind you can just flip over, either. They have velcro on the bottoms, so they stay nicely in place. They clean easily - I've had a cat throw up incident, where I freaked out, but all is well. I used a little carpet spray and it came right up. I didn't opt for the scotch guard either - I kinda think it's a rip off.

I don't know what prices you're seeing, but we got the sofa and loveseat for 999.99, at a place called Mealey's Furniture. I'm pretty sure they're regional to the Philadelphia area, though. If you have a Mealey's near you, just so you know, they don't sell it as the "Lena by Ashley", they sell it as the "Belmont". I think it's their scheme to keep you from getting them to price-match another store. But the tags and all are Ashley.

Oh, another thing that sold us on the Lena was that the sofa is 100" long, and has the 3 seat cushions. I'm not a fan of the 2 cushion sofas... the third person'll get sucked into the crack! lol

But yeah, I really can't think of any drawbacks... other than it was a pain in the butt to get that sofa in the house (my front door almost runs into my staircase).
Hope that helps!! Lemme know if you get them, and how you like them!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
YAY, huge sigh of relief! My current sofa is one of those huuuuuge u-shaped sectionals from the 80s. It takes up the entire living room, it can''t be broken into separate pieces of furniture to give you more options, the print on it is atrocious (it''s beige and looks like someone threw coral and mint colored paint all over it, hahaha!), and one of the cushions is ripped all the way up the back. Needless to say, we HAVE to buy furniture, and I was terrified we''d buy something, love it for a week, then it''d turn out to be a piece of crap and we''d be back to square one! I''m glad to hear it cleans easily, especially from a cat person! We have a Maine Coon, and while he doesn''t shed badly, they always do at least a little, and he REFUSES to stay off the couch. We were planning on buying from the Ashley Homestore, and I think they''re asking 989 for the sofa and loveseat. Now that I know the set is a go, I''m going to measure the living room to see if the chair and ottoman would fit, too!
11.gif
Thank you sooooo much for the info--you have no idea how much better I feel now about buying some sofas, wooot!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
No prob!

I hear you on needing to upgrade. DH and I had an apartment before moving here, and we used a futon as a sofa for 3 years. Looking back, I think to myself how much we just tortured ourselves for SO long!! There is nothing like a good quality sofa! We did a lot of shopping around, too. There is a huge difference between the no-name (cheaper) sofas and the big-name ones. Ashley seems to have well built, comfy stuff.

Oh, I wish I had room for the chair and ottoman! I''d get them in a heartbeat.

We have 2 black cats, and the shedding is crazy!! I bought this pet vac: http://www.boscovs.com/StoreFrontWeb/Product.bos?type=Product&quantity=1&itemNumber=19179
It works alright, but it''s hard to get all the angles of the cushions (mainly the back cushions, where they LOVE to sleep). So I sit there with a lint roller
20.gif
. And roll, peel, roll, peel. It takes forever! Do you have any tricks for pet hair?

If anyone''s reading, and has a better solution to pet hair clean-up, I''m all ears!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results