shape
carat
color
clarity

You know, sometimes I could just kick myself.... The saga continues

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those who haven''t read it, here''s where it starts https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sapphire-junkies-i-have-a-question.115504/

I point blank ASKED thanex if the stone was BE treated to which he said NO. This of course is through ebay''s message system but he said that all of his stones are either gently heated or not heated at all. They contain no other treatment.A lie or just mislead? Whatever the case, I got a stone that I''m not even sure what the heck it is!

Whooosah!!!
20.gif

Thanks to Chrono I contacted Gary Dutton over at diamondexpert.com about a stone. The stone pics he sent are show a really really nice stone with a good color. And the price for what it is, its really really good. I''ll do a definite photoshoot when it gets here.

here''s the specs:
1.03 ct.
Medium, Slightly Purplish Blue
Sri Lanka
6.07x6.01x3.69mm
Also according to what I see on his website, NO TREATMENT!
36.gif

So back to the thanex stone. I definitely plan on sending it back..like tomorrow, so I did a mini photoshoot with it today. It was MUCH less than the stone Gary is sending but hell..if its treated to bejesus, I guess it would be!

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DSC05175.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DSC05176.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DSC05179.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DSC05181.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5. In the setting

DSC05192.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
6. In the setting

DSC05195.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gary''s stone.

36.gif

arcagarstone2pic.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would cost you $$$ to definitively prove that the stone was not treated, or gently treated, and it''s not worth it for the price. I rather just send the stone back and get one from a reputable dealer like Gary Dutton. The Thai sellers also sell lots of synthetic stones, and tumble them to make them have internal cracks and inclusions, in order to pass them off as natural as well.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t Be treated stones turn orange-y? I''m not sure what the concern with Be is for a blue sapphire. Can someone explain?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are be-treated blue stones as well as padparadschas.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I spent the extra and got the paperwork on the stone, and it does say Natural Sapphire. The thing that it dosen''t say is if the stone is treated. My understanding of that particular lab is that they don''t check for treatments.

So I will give him the benefit of the doubt and won''t say that the stone is synthetic without proof.

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2009 8:38:02 PM
Author: Arcadian
I spent the extra and got the paperwork on the stone, and it does say Natural Sapphire. The thing that it dosen''t say is if the stone is treated. My understanding of that particular lab is that they don''t check for treatments.

So I will give him the benefit of the doubt and won''t say that the stone is synthetic without proof.

-A
A lot of Thai dealers do that. They will give you a cert indicating it''s a natural sapphire, giving you false sense of security. I want a cert indicating not only the fact that it''s a natural sapphire, but the type of treatment as well, in detail.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I would just send the suspect stone back, too. Didn''t he tell you there was no window too??
20.gif

The one from Gary looks beautiful!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2009 8:40:44 PM
Author: icekid
I would just send the suspect stone back, too. Didn''t he tell you there was no window too??
20.gif

The one from Gary looks beautiful!

Yeah he told me there was no window and there''s one that big enough stick your head in and yodel! The overall cut of Gary''s stone is a lot nicer. He said its a definite glower.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sucks about the Thanex stone. Gary''s stone more than makes up for it and blows the other one away on so many levels!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Thanex sapphire looks too good to be true if it is well under $250. The colour is so blue and rich. That window is obvious too. Glad you are sending it back.

Gary''s unheated blue looks very good for the price point. Of course, I don''t expect a saturated cornflower blue but it looks a lot better than what I imagined an under $250 unheated blue sapphire to look like.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/31/2009 2:31:28 PM
Author: SapphireLover
Thats a lovely setting! Where is it from? I can''t wait for handshots!

I put up a new thread, with a ton of pics, so do check it out. Not too many handshots because my hands are recovering from a biking excursion so they''re still swollen and freakishly sunburned.

-A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results