shape
carat
color
clarity

WildFishGems Return Policy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shea

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

A few months ago I began searching for the perfect Demantoid e-ring. This forum was a great help and resource for information. Concerned about internet dealers, this site helped me find one that I felt was reputable. However, one always worries about being able to return an item especially from an oversees vendor. Feeling confident though, I purchased a Demantoid from Ed Bristol at Wildfishgems. I received the gem yesterday at 3:30 pm central time via FedEx. I must say that my initial reaction of the stone was "OK". I did not fall head over heals for the gem, but it was not bad either. It certainly sparkled as advertised. I wanted to have it inspected. So, I immediately took the stone to a jeweler for appraisal. In horror, I found that the stone has the slightest chip on its side, and it did not have horsetail inclusions. I am now attempting to send the stone back to Wildfishgems, but the phone number for returns does not work. Additionally, I have not received a return email from Ed. Also, according to his return policy, I quote:

Return Policy

If for any reason you decide not to keep your merchandise, you can return it to us within 7 (Seven) days of delivery for a full refund of the purchase price. You will have to carry the costs of transport from you to the address given in written form to you by Wild Fish.

Instructions on how to return the item will be sent in an email detailing the return process. You must also contact Wild Fish in order to receive a return authorization number before making your shipment - packages that do not have a proper authorization code can not be accepted.

Items must be returned in the same condition as they were sent. We can only process your request after we have inspected the returned item and verified that its condition is undamaged. Damaged goods due to client negligence will not be accepted. Any wear or damage in a gemstone is likely to result in minute changes that can dramatically affect the value of the gemstone. For this reason, we cannot accept any gemstone in return that has been mounted, polished, chipped, fractured, dropped or altered in any way whatsoever. We strongly recommend that you do not mount your gemstone until after the inspection period is over as to avoid any mishaps and that it be kept in an insured, safe place while in your possession. During the inspection period, you are completely liable for the item. All returned items must be in the original box, with all original packing materials and intact original lab certificates.

I do hope that I didn't get scammed. I think that I may have, but in order to have some transparency I am posting this on the forum to somewhat document events. I truly hope that I did't just take one for the team.

I will attempt to update this forum with scans of all document received and photos of the stone. I will also be posting a FedEx tracking number assuming I get a return address. I will keep you all informed as best I can. I hope for the best, but I have a sick feeling in my stomach...

Any suggestions?

Sincerely,
Shea

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have heard that Ed is an upstanding guy so I hope this will be resolved in your favour. How was the packaging when you received it? Do you think he shipped the wrong stone or maybe it was damaged in transit? Have you tried calling this number?

Wild Fish Gems LLC
3422 Old Capitol Trail Unit 193
Wilmington DE 19808
United States of America

Call us TOLL-FREE from the US and Canada:

1-800-540-340-3

Our office is on GMT+6:
14h ahead of L.A.
11h ahead of N.Y.

In case of technical problems,
please
drop us a note or let us call back.

Shea

Rough_Rock
Keeping this post up to date:

I spoke with Ed Bristol a few moments ago. He was very nice and I feel somewhat more at ease. He is now sending me a return address for the stone and said that upon inspection he will issue a full refund. I notified him of the chip in the stone, he said that something like that could have happened from an air pressure change in shipping. I am sending the package back today. Ill post more as I get it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shea,
I am relieved that you finally got a hold of Ed and that he is understanding of the situation. Please keep us posted.

Shea

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/14/2007 8:31:05 AM
Author: Chrono
I have heard that Ed is an upstanding guy so I hope this will be resolved in your favour. How was the packaging when you received it? Do you think he shipped the wrong stone or maybe it was damaged in transit? Have you tried calling this number?

Thanks Chrono. After speaking with Ed, I have been able to put down the Pepto-Bismol. I liked his business practice, his ecological ethics, his quick reply to my emails, and I do hope that all goes well with this return. I will feel much more confident to purchase from him in the future knowing that I am able to make a returns if needed. Honest business practices = repeat customers. Again, after speaking with him, I feel somewhat more relieved. Assuming the return goes well, this post will be a testament that shopping with reputable online vendors is a safe venture. Thanks again for your vote of confidence. That makes me feel better.

Shea

Rough_Rock
Ed has continued to speak with me. I do believe the return transaction is going smoothly. Again, I would like to state that if all goes well, I will be the first to commend WildFish for their business practice. I do not want to sound as if I am bad mouthing Ed. He has been very gentlemanly throughout the entire process thus far. I do feel that it is important for not only me, but also anyone else purchasing from online vendors that the return process be documented. Having proof that a return can be made is critical for many who want to purchase online, but are not willing to for the uncertainty of losing their money. I will be sending the stone back ASAP. I will continue to update this forum. Thanks

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shea,
What I am most curious about is the disagreement about the horsetail inclusions. Did Ed state that the demantoid has horsetail inclusions and you (and your apppraiser/jeweller) didn''t find any, or Ed didn''t make any mention of it and you are looking for a demantoid that has the inclusion?

Shea

Rough_Rock
I feel it necessary to post a final reply on this thread. Today, 9 Jan 2008, I received into my bank account a refund from Wildfish. I also feel it necessary to mention that I am as novice as it gets. Chrono, Ed did disclose the origin of the stone prior to purchase. The horsetail bit comes in when the appraiser could not identify the stone on the spot unless it had the inclusions. He (as well as every other store) was unwilling to spend the time in the lab verifying the stone prior to Christmas. So, I was personally unable to verify the stone. This was the primary reason for my concern and my admitted hysteria. I must say that once I was able to contact Ed, constant communication was maintained. He helped me through the return process and was very pleasant. There is no doubt in my mind that Wildfish is a legitimate operation as no illegitimate operation would return thousands of dollars. I would mention to folks if they are internet shopping to do their homework, know what your are buying, have a prearranged way to verify the stones authenticity, speak in person to the owner prior to the sale, and if you are as inexperienced as I am...dont spend 3 months salary on something you cant see and feel first. Anyways, everything worked out. Ed was polite through out the process, and if at some point if I am looking for something other than an engagement ring, like say some earrings, then I would certainly purchase from him in confidence.

Shea

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2008 2:38:30 PM
Author: Shea
I feel it necessary to post a final reply on this thread. Today, 9 Jan 2008, I received into my bank account a refund from Wildfish. I also feel it necessary to mention that I am as novice as it gets. Chrono, Ed did disclose the origin of the stone prior to purchase. The horsetail bit comes in when the appraiser could not identify the stone on the spot unless it had the inclusions. He (as well as every other store) was unwilling to spend the time in the lab verifying the stone prior to Christmas. So, I was personally unable to verify the stone. This was the primary reason for my concern and my admitted hysteria. I must say that once I was able to contact Ed, constant communication was maintained. He helped me through the return process and was very pleasant. There is no doubt in my mind that Wildfish is a legitimate operation as no illegitimate operation would return thousands of dollars. I would mention to folks if they are internet shopping to do their homework, know what your are buying, have a prearranged way to verify the stones authenticity, speak in person to the owner prior to the sale, and if you are as inexperienced as I am...dont spend 3 months salary on something you cant see and feel first. Anyways, everything worked out. Ed was polite through out the process, and if at some point if I am looking for something other than an engagement ring, like say some earrings, then I would certainly purchase from him in confidence.

Shea
well stated, Shea! home work home work home work home work....and then more home work. and having a lab...a real gem lab...waiting in the wings to verify the stone is important, too. christmas is such a hectic time for anyone connected with stones that i''m not surprised that they couldn''t get to you in the time frame you needed.

Once again the importance of dealing with a known and respected dealer is underscored. Ed us such a dealer and has an excellent return policy as your experience has once again shown.

good luck with your project!

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results