shape
carat
color
clarity

Where Are We Getting Settings?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I'm still trying to find a setting for my 5 x 7.5 emerald from Dana, and I've lost track of where we are getting our settings these days.

LOGR's prices are high lately, that's the last I read. Is there a new ebay vendor we all like?

I am looking for a halo pendant or ring, but with minimal diamonds. It's a tiny stone, so I don't want to overwhelm it.

I will be asking for yellow gold shank and yellow gold around the emerald, but white gold around the diamonds. Who offers that level of customization? I would want full cut, VS diamonds.

Thanks in advance for the help! :wavey:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1300025583|2870695 said:
I'm still trying to find a setting for my 5 x 7.5 emerald from Dana, and I've lost track of where we are getting our settings these days.

LOGR's prices are high lately, that's the last I read. Is there a new ebay vendor we all like?

I am looking for a halo pendant or ring, but with minimal diamonds. It's a tiny stone, so I don't want to overwhelm it.

I will be asking for yellow gold shank and yellow gold around the emerald, but white gold around the diamonds. Who offers that level of customization? I would want full cut, VS diamonds.

Any of the lanbo stores offers customization, but you might have to use simple English to get your point across. His stores are.

Beyondjewelry3
leejewelry
jewelryhoo
jewe2004
lan.b04

You can shop around that way, and see if the customization fees are more reasonable than LOGR. I think LOGR charges a separate customization fee of $30 (last I checked), which lanbo does not.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1300025583|2870695 said:

I can't add to TL's post but I just wondered why you specifically want full cuts? Single cuts in small melee can have more of an impact. Just food for thought! I think even Leon suggests single cuts for some of his designs.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
***Threadjack***

LD - I'm so glad you mentioned melee! Despite the fact that I (as well as others) have started threads on the subject, I still don't understand it, as there seem to be differing points of view. From the actual cut perspective, people have said that single cuts, with fewer facets at such a micro level, give off more sparkle than full cuts. From a what's-out-there perspective, people have said that it will be far easier to come across full cut melee since that's what most of the higher end purveyors use. If I ever get around to setting any of my stones, and I want my diamonds to sparkle, which is the best bet?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me, on LOGR's, if you're going that route, I prefer their full cuts to their single cuts because

1) Their single cuts aren't cut very well
2) The single cuts they use are SI, and I don't think they carry VS single cuts. Expect some grey diamonds. I do like the VS full cuts though.

With lanbo stores, they use SI single cuts on their micropave with very tiny melee, and I think they suffice. They look clean and sparkly and they are so tiny, you can't tell if they're cut poorly or not. I cannot speak to lanbo's larger size diamonds as I've only bought teeny tiny micropave diamond melee settings from them so far, but I have been very happy with all of them.

LD,
Have you purchased any lanbo settings with larger diamonds? If so, what quality were they (SI single cuts, VS single cuts, full cuts??), and how were they?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tourmaline_lover|1300032746|2870756 said:
For me, on LOGR's, if you're going that route, I prefer their full cuts to their single cuts because

1) Their single cuts aren't cut very well
2) The single cuts they use are SI, and I don't think they carry VS single cuts. Expect some grey diamonds. I do like the VS full cuts though.

With lanbo stores, they use SI single cuts on their micropave with very tiny melee, and I think they suffice. They look clean and sparkly and they are so tiny, you can't tell if they're cut poorly or not. I cannot speak to lanbo's larger size diamonds as I've only bought teeny tiny micropave diamond melee settings from them so far, but I have been very happy with all of them.

LD,
Have you purchased any lanbo settings with larger diamonds? If so, what quality were they (SI single cuts, VS single cuts, full cuts??), and how were they
?

I've never upgraded to full cuts with lanbo as I've been more than happy with the single cuts. Both my triple halos are single cuts and VS (although the VS is their grading and they're probably a mixture of SI/VS).

Personally for smaller diamonds I prefer single cuts because I do think if they're good quality they sparkle more. I prefer full cuts for larger size diamonds. In all honesty though, clarity and colour are more of an issue for me than full/single cuts. I do know I wouldn't bother upgrading from single to full with Lanbo.

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Slight threadjack...

When/if you ask for a custom size from lambo/LOGR, do you ask first and pay outside of eBay or buy the ring you like and then specify? Do you just word it as simple as possible? I was just wondering as I ordered a custom size from lambo and they must of misunderstood something because when I received the ring it was the standard size! I wondered if I was doing something wrong. I was a bit worried too as I was just sent an invoice for the ring and paid outside of eBay...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can pay outside of ebay or inside if you wish. When customizing, you can win the setting listing, and then email to ask how much extra the said customizations will be (that's the scary part :errrr: ). You can also email prior to winning the listing to ask, but you will have to tell him you want to pay through ebay, and just buy the listing. Most of them are BIN's for lanbo, and I think most of LOGR's are auctions these days.

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks for letting me know. I thought that if you bought the listing and then asked, they might say they can't do it, and then you'd be stuck with the ring! But I suppose it should be okay if you're not asking for anything too obscure.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always check with them first BEFORE bidding on the item - there are a number of settings I've wanted customisation on and they haven't been able to do it so I definitely never bid before asking.

I always pay within Ebay (via Paypal). That gives added protection and peace of mind - especially if the parcel goes astray.

I never pay until I've agreed on the upgrades/specifications. Then I ask for a revised invoice and then pay. I also make sure I use very simple, plain English because language can be a barrier with lanbo and LOGR.

Hope that helps.

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yeah, that's pretty much what I done. I asked if the ring could be customised, I wanted a larger setting and finger size. They said they could do it and I asked for a revised invoice. I paid through paypal but not eBay IYKWIM as I didn't buy the listing. When I got the ring they had changed the finger size but not the setting size. Maybe I just had bad luck but I'm still worried about ordering again. Maybe I'll just try again sometime when I have the money.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
This was extremely helpful, thank you all so much! :wavey:

I have found a couple of rings that I am considering, and a pendant that I love but have no stone for.

I guess I'll just have to find a stone now . . . :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results