shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your favorite color gems in yellow gold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
What are your favorite color gems in yellow gold? Or what colors don''t you like in yellow gold?

Now that the weather is getting cooler (yay !), I''m starting to wear more yellow gold. (I tend to wear warmer colors in gems & clothes in fall/winter, cooler in summer. It just feels right.

My favorites for yellow gold are pink stones, some reds.

What I don''t like in yellow gold are blue stones.

You? Thanks.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Depends on the shade of gold really (alloy). When it comes to high karat golds, I like deeper colors like dark reds, browns, or purples (or pretty much anything of a deeper tone). In standard (14k-ish) shades I like yellows, some oranges and generally lighter colors. Don''t like most light blues in yellow gold, and anything that''s greyish (except pearls of course
9.gif
).

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
It really depends on the individual stone but in general I like reds, oranges, pinks and greens in yellow gold.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pink, and amythyst color purple (as not all purple looks right in gold to me) and the bright blues and of course deep green

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I go by undertones rather than a specific colour. Anything with a cool tone (blue undertone) goes well with a white metal. Anything with a warm tone (orange undertone) goes well with yellow gold.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 8:19:04 AM
Author:sonomacounty
What are your favorite color gems in yellow gold? Or what colors don''t you like in yellow gold?

Now that the weather is getting cooler (yay !), I''m starting to wear more yellow gold. (I tend to wear warmer colors in gems & clothes in fall/winter, cooler in summer. It just feels right.

My favorites for yellow gold are pink stones, some reds.

What I don''t like in yellow gold are blue stones.

You? Thanks.
I agree with you, sonoma. Now that it is getting cooler I''m getting out my brown and dark green clothes, and my rhodolite garnets set in yellow gold are perfect with them.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Oh Rhodolites- yes, I never thought of that.

Fly - thanks. You are definitely "fly".

---

Sorry to bother you all with these sometimes subjective questions. However, with most posts, I do learn something. One of my interests is color and it''s effects on people. Great website for this:

http://www.colormatters.com/entercolormatters.html

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Amethysts in 22K, hands down!

Pale pink stones in pale yellow gold.

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
I like dark purples and reds as well as some white stones in yellow gold. I also like aquas and topazes in yellow. Plus some deep emerald greens.

Ditto some of the above posters on that it depends on the tone of the gold and the tones of the stones.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I like my tanzanites in yellow gold. Otherwise, I''m much more of a white gold and silver person. Definitely prefer blues in white gold and pinks in rose gold.

carochinha

Rough_Rock
I''ve been wondering lately about a yellow sapphire in yellow gold. Cushion or oval, set east/west. Have been around the threads looking but haven''t found any. I wonder if it would be too much yellow with a yellow wedding (plain) band?

portia

Brilliant_Rock
I love stong blues and purples with 22k yellow gold. And bright orange (spess), too!

whoknows, I had this pic from another forum. I really like the yellow sapphire against the yellow gold.

yellow_sapphire_ring_4.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2009 8:35:23 PM
Author: portia
I love stong blues and purples with 22k yellow gold. And bright orange (spess), too!

whoknows, I had this pic from another forum. I really like the yellow sapphire against the yellow gold.
Oh my!!!! What a gorgeous ring and setting!!!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2009 8:43:16 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

I''ve had this pic for a while... definitely one of my faves! I need to find out who makes it since I have a couple of gemstones that need a home and I''ve been drooling over it for a while now. I aspire to be like you, LTP! Your collection makes my heart skip a beat!
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reds, pinks, greens and dark blues.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Yellow on yellow can indeed work, but for me there has to be some difference in texture/feel of the yellow metal vs. the yellow stone - like in the example above (with pave making the gold seem rough) or in the example in my avatar (where metal is brushed to bring out the shine and sparkle of the stone). Otherwise, a yellow stone can blend too much into the yellow gold.

carochinha

Rough_Rock
Holy Mama that is gorgeous!! Thanks for the inspiring visual. If you remember the thread or the forum, please share? I'd like to find out where it was made and details. What stone is it? Matching stones in the band or different? You can't tease us like this!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like purple in YG and very rich blues -- although I have a light blue ring in YG and it looks nice, maybe the diamonds beside the stone shield the blue from the full force of the Yellow gold.

I also like orange in YG. Basically the colors that remind me more of Fall.

90 degrees and very humid here today -- not Fall at all.
10.gif

SparkleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Fly Girl - I set my Royal Rhodolite from Rick in yellow gold and it just glows!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2009 9:01:17 PM

Date: 9/17/2009 8:43:16 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

I''ve had this pic for a while... definitely one of my faves! I need to find out who makes it since I have a couple of gemstones that need a home and I''ve been drooling over it for a while now. I aspire to be like you, LTP! Your collection makes my heart skip a beat!
30.gif
I''m blushing, my dear. Thank you for such kind words. I can''t wait to see how you decide to set your homeless gemstones . . . and if you need any help deciding, you know where to come!
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 3:20:11 AM
Author: ma re
Yellow on yellow can indeed work, but for me there has to be some difference in texture/feel of the yellow metal vs. the yellow stone - like in the example above (with pave making the gold seem rough) or in the example in my avatar (where metal is brushed to bring out the shine and sparkle of the stone). Otherwise, a yellow stone can blend too much into the yellow gold.
Mr. Ma Re - I need your assistance in my grossular Asscher thread!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
high karat yellow gold and windex blue zircons
30.gif
I wouldn''t wear it mind you, but I really do like that look.

-A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results