shape
carat
color
clarity

tsavorite help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stoney Road

Rough_Rock
So, need some help in choosing some tsavorite for a piece of jewelery - have looked far and wide, and have found a couple sets that meet my needs, but big price difference between the sets, so thought I would try to get some opinions.

Looking for a round set at ~4.5 mm, one is at www.gemfix.com - look really nice and are very inexpensive ($200 for the set). 

tsavorite #1

The other possibilities are at www.awesomegems.com - also look really nice, but are more than twice the cost. 

awesome gems

tsavorite pair pic

Any suggestions?  Does anyone have any experience with either of these vendors or any knowledge of tsavorite that could help me make the decision?

Thanks in advance

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello,

What do you want to do with the tsavorites? The prices on tsavorites vary depending on a number of factors. First is color. Too dark is the worst. It''s almost black. This is ussually not a problem with smaller stones. Next is size. Under 1ct is inexpensive. I can get you all the 3mm rounds you want for $100/ct. Tsavorites take a big jump in sizes over 1 carat. Over 1ct good cut, clean (VVS1) and medium dark green is around $400-$500/ct. Then jumps in price with every carat total weight.

Stoney Road

Rough_Rock
MJO,

Thanks for the response.

Looking for two matched round stones, well cut with very good color and eye clean, as part of necklace for my wife. They need to be about 4.5mm in diameter.

Any suggestions where to go or what you think about the gems I listed?

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Since you really can''t tell by pictures on alot of stones I would recommend Arnold and Rung at:

www.AJSgems.com

I have bought 3 large tsavorites from them and they describe them perfectly. Also he will have a stone cut to fit for you if you want. I would email him and ask. His prices were very reasonable for the quality I got. You can tell him I sent you but then be prepared for him to raise the price . Just kidding. He''s a really nice and honest guy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results