shape
carat
color
clarity

tiny tsavorites in gold band from etsian Wingedlion, yay!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I wanted something with a couple of minimal green garnet accents that I could wear next to my current favorite ring. (That ring is my merelani mint garnet).

I found this band at etsy seller Wingedlion's site, I really liked the unique style. It has three tiny tsavorites, which was the closest I could get to my mint garnet color-wise, and since they're so small, it's close enough for me. The tsavs are darker, of course, but it doesn't bother me. I just love the band, it's different. It arrived today and I love it. The customer service was excellent, btw. I was told that they had never made this particular band in yellow gold, but I think it turned out quite nicely. Pics alone and next to the mint ring. You can only see the little tsav on the top middle of the band, but there are two others placed further down, equally spaced out.

1327E686-0464-4617-B879-7B7DFFCD24B3-29763-00001FC2155BA8E1_zpsbabaab43.jpg

AB404731-21DC-41D4-BD53-16D8DC0F660C-29763-00001FC21C0B126E_zpsfda7ac25.jpg

585DE1DF-0582-43AC-A014-FC571F088326-29763-00001FC20E6C2B16_zpsb53cd0c7.jpg

B368C73F-3E57-4778-AEA8-FCFF3AEBC8E0-29763-00001FC20BC49948_zps773e40e3.jpg

E160EAE6-AC14-46DF-ABEB-48F4AD5C6C40-29763-00001FC2078DAA61_zpsae29a274.jpg

4380F642-C1C4-4C80-9D57-35958CB11F55-29763-00001FC211C68BC3_zps7b49caf4.jpg

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Re: tiny tsavorites in gold band from etsian Wingedlion, yay

I love green gems with yellow gold <3
It looks really good paired with your ring!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

oooooh!!! VERY nice band!! I like that, especially with the dark finish. Great combination with your bezeled garnet - YG looks GREAT on you!!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful combination!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh beautiful! I love the WingedLion stuff, although a lot of it looks more intricate than I would wear, but that band is perfect, especially with your other ring!!!

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Thank you all for the kind words! I loved how this turned out and wanted to share, so I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes it. I felt like it was a bit of a risk style-wise, but my "rule" is that if I have one ring that is very simple in style, it's ok to go a bit bolder with whatever I stack next to it. I really like the blackened gold parts, it brings out the design so nicely.

katharath

Ideal_Rock

distracts|1365283687|3421592 said:
Oh beautiful! I love the WingedLion stuff, although a lot of it looks more intricate than I would wear, but that band is perfect, especially with your other ring!!!

I completely agree. While I like the jewelry at Wingedlion, I would say most of it is just too much for my everyday taste. I live admiring it, but I know I wouldn't reach for it every day. But this band was a good mix of intricate and wearable at the same time. I'm very happy with it :)

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

That's a lovely combo kath. Your new ring is very pretty and matches your solitair well.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock

Oh I really like this A LOT! It looks great in YG. Is that enamel? Or some other kind of finish? I love that it is detailed and unusual without directly referencing anything specific. Like, it's not a common celtic, medieval, or other common motif that we've seen before. But, at the same time, it's not too "out there." The craftsmanship looks really great, too.

I also think the tsavs look great with your merelani.

I always look at the WingedLion page and think how cool their stuff is. I also like theirs prints, and think it's cool that their son works with them. I like some of the pomegranate jewelery a lot.

katharath

Ideal_Rock

velouriaL|1365359608|3422061 said:
Oh I really like this A LOT! It looks great in YG. Is that enamel? Or some other kind of finish? I love that it is detailed and unusual without directly referencing anything specific. Like, it's not a common celtic, medieval, or other common motif that we've seen before. But, at the same time, it's not too "out there." The craftsmanship looks really great, too.

I also think the tsavs look great with your merelani.

I always look at the WingedLion page and think how cool their stuff is. I also like theirs prints, and think it's cool that their son works with them. I like some of the pomegranate jewelery a lot.

I believe that the jeweler (Sergey) uses rhodium to create the blackened finish. (But yes, the ring itself is 14k yellow gold). I know that's what it said in the etsy listing, anyway - that it's rhodium. (Of course I have no idea how it's actually done, I know very little about the process of making jewelry). It is available without the rhodium finish, but I wanted it, I think it looks wonderful this way.

I completely agree with what you said about the style, that's what I liked as well. It's something a bit different, well made and a bit unusual! I'm enjoying wearing it very much.

Thank you all again for the compliments :)

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

That's a very pretty an unique style.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It makes an excellent partner to your current garnet ring. It doesn't compete or detracts from it, yet isn't matchy-matchy. The blackened part makes it stand out. Beautiful band.

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Chrono|1365366211|3422101 said:
It makes an excellent partner to your current garnet ring. It doesn't compete or detracts from it, yet isn't matchy-matchy. The blackened part makes it stand out. Beautiful band.

That is exactly what I was aiming for. Thank you, Chrono.

I like the band alone as well; the blackened detail actually makes it look very nice against my skin, I think. I would like to say again that the customer service was excellent, and I strongly recommend this etsy seller/jeweler. It is a husband/wife team, the wife (Natalia) handles the customer service, while her husband Sergey is the jeweler. They make a great team. I also think the pricing is reasonable for the quality of the work.

Vidalia

Shiny_Rock

Very pretty!
If you slightly turned the new band from WingedLion, would you be able to see two of the Tsavorites? (For example, would they fall at 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock?) If so, I'd suggest turning the band so that two of the tsavs show, with your mint garnet stacker centered above. You might like seeing three pretty blips of green. :)

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Yes, I can turn the ring and wear it that way - I've tried it that way and I like it. The only thing is that the design doesn't go all the way around, it's not like an eternity band, it's more like a 3/4 design. The remaining 1/4 is plain. So I can turn it around and see two tsavs at a time, but if I turn it too far it will show the plain part. I do like the way it looks to wear it that way though.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I love WingedLion! Your two rings look stunning together, the simplicity and intricacy really complement each other. Beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results