shape
carat
color
clarity

tanzanite trillions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flacablanca

Rough_Rock
I just bought two loose trillion cut tanzanite stones in the Bahamas this week. One is .87 carats, the other is .90 carats. Both are an identical color of medium blue-violet. I would like to have them mounted in platinum as earrings, but don''t know what kind of setting would be best for this cut and haow to go about doing it, and how much should it cost. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, how to I go about getting an appraisal for insurance purposes or an official G.I. report on them?
wavey.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, those must be loverly
1.gif

There are a few apprasers posting here, and one of them might be at hand. You can chech their locations on the list on top of this page. Maybe New england Gems Lab would be the closest?

Cindy from New England Gem Lab posts here occasionally (avatar name "newenglandgemlab", of course).

It is likely that they could recommend a jeweler who could hande the settings. What kind do you have in mind?
5.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If the trillions are equalateral in shape you can use the martini style earrings to great avail. If not, a special head may need to be made. Much will depend on the quality of the cutting and the shape of the stones. There are also basket and scroll type heads available for the even sided trillions.

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results