shape
carat
color
clarity

Ta-Da! Gene + JKT= Happy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, please bear with me, I''m new at posting pics. I am going to attempt to put 4 pics below.
This is my husband''s ring we are picking up tomorrow from Julia:
Malaya Garnet cut by Gene in his "Star 80" cut, 7 mm stone, diamond acceents, Argentium sterling and 18K gold

bobring5.jpg

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
And I thought women got all the cool jewelry!

Beautiful!

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!

I try to keep my husband interested in the gemstone projects I have. He is a geologist and got me started on minerals and gemstones. When we got engaged, I thought I would be getting THE ROCK!

NOT! Only if THE ROCK was another gem other than a diamond :)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!! Love it!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Having trouble compressing pics. Will take some outdoor shots, some hand shots tomorrow when we pick up the rings.

Will feature the stones in these. These pics are understandably featuring the fine metalworking of Julia.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings! Is this his wedding ring? Dang I wish I could get JD to wear a ring w/a stone in it!

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, thank you Flygirl, Lovinggems, and packrat!

My husband does a lot of stained glass and we had just done several windows featuring designs from the Book of Kells, so when we were designing with Julia we asked about some celtic knots and she whipped off this triquetra for us.

We both love garnets and I thought this one of Gene's was really a stunner, I will get some pics this weekend that show the depth and color of the Malaya and I will try to capture the star that Gene puts in his "Star 80."

When we got married on Valentine's Day 1996 we had a Costco wedding band for him and a modest band for me with some princess cut diamonds illusion mounted within it. Nothing to write PS about but hey, we were in love and we spent our money on the honeymoon in Victoria, BC instead.

Over the years we spent our discretionary $ on mineral specimens and our Westies (one titanium hip replacement in Houston later). I have since added an imperial topaz ring with diamonds in 18k, an 11 mm rhodie garnet from The Collector (Bill Larson/Pala International) in 18k, and a vintage diamond engagement ring with matching band bought at a Sotheby's jewelry auction (got a good deal). I have an excellent collection of old (antique) Navajo jewelry.

Next up the next 6 months: Setting Afghanistan peridot, 10.5 mm; a 4 Peak Amethyst 15 ct w/5 ct Oregon Sunstone with schiller in a pendant necklace; and one of those yummy zircons from Gary/Finewater, padparadscha color in an asscher cut.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was about to ask if the side design is Irish inspired until I read your last post. It''s great that DH gets to wear some nice bling too.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I love it! It was about time we see some men''s gem rings around here. They''re few and far between.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just a gorgeous, very modern design! what an incredible men''s ring it is!
30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that!!!!!!!!!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring. Lucky hubbie.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2010 9:23:11 PM
Author: StonieGrl
Hey, thank you Flygirl, Lovinggems, and packrat!

My husband does a lot of stained glass and we had just done several windows featuring designs from the Book of Kells, so when we were designing with Julia we asked about some celtic knots and she whipped off this triquetra for us.

We both love garnets and I thought this one of Gene''s was really a stunner, I will get some pics this weekend that show the depth and color of the Malaya and I will try to capture the star that Gene puts in his ''Star 80.''

When we got married on Valentine''s Day 1996 we had a Costco wedding band for him and a modest band for me with some princess cut diamonds illusion mounted within it. Nothing to write PS about but hey, we were in love and we spent our money on the honeymoon in Victoria, BC instead.

Over the years we spent our discretionary $ on mineral specimens and our Westies (one titanium hip replacement in Houston later). I have since added an imperial topaz ring with diamonds in 18k, an 11 mm rhodie garnet from The Collector (Bill Larson/Pala International) in 18k, and a vintage diamond engagement ring with matching band bought at a Sotheby''s jewelry auction (got a good deal). I have an excellent collection of old (antique) Navajo jewelry.

Next up the next 6 months: Setting Afghanistan peridot, 10.5 mm; a 4 Peak Amethyst 15 ct w/5 ct Oregon Sunstone with schiller in a pendant necklace; and one of those yummy zircons from Gary/Finewater, padparadscha color in an asscher cut.
Stonie honey, you must realise that you can''t come on here and tell us about these beauties without giving us some pictures! Especially the imperial topaz as we see so few of them.

Pleeeeeese!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
great ring!

i''ve seen some great pieces of jewelry on men.....and i''m hoping you will give us a hand shot when he''s finally in possession of this lovely creation!

mz

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such an interesting design! I like combination of materials and contrast of colors.

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
Very cool! It''s nice to see a man''s gem ring. I keep bugging my hubby to see if he wants a ring (partially just so I can have another project to work on), but so far it''s a no go.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
very very beautiful
i am trying to get more ideas for a man''s ring holding a blue sapphire

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Oh my!!! Stunning ring!!! Do you have any handshots? I''d love to see how it looks on your finger!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
amazing ring!

-a

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s stunning. Julia really does lovely work doesn''t she? I always think there''s something romantic to celtic designs (no idea why) and the two tone is perfect for this design.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool! My hubby won''t wear any gems or diamonds, but I think that ring looks so sharp!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results