shape
carat
color
clarity

Still another "laboratory"

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not used this lab but from what little I've gathered, some vendors use them because they are incredibly cheap at only $20 or so for a brief. I do not know how accurate their testing is, how up to date they are with the latest synthetic and treatments, nor lab testing equipment used.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My thing is that I refuse to use any lab that doesn't have a valid street address, phone number or website, and even with all of that, I need a reputable person to indicate it exists.

Even after all of that, there are certain gems I wouldn't send to small labs like that, like emeralds, rubies and sapphires.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot to mention that I have heard of that lab before. I'm unsure how good it is, but if a piece cost a great deal of money, I would want a more major gem lab, like AIGS, and I like that their gem brief includes a photo of the stone.

For rubies, sapphires and emeralds, I would want a top lab like AGL, GIA, SSEF, GRS.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was given a Ruby as a gift years ago and it was accompanied by one of their lab reports. Interestingly it was quite thorough! I also bought a Sapphire that was inexpensive and that came with one too. Neither were expensive stones. If they had been, I'd agree with TL's advice above.

lab_gemological_hallmark.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results