shape
carat
color
clarity

Share your thoughts re this amethyst?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because I know little about amethysts, I don't feel confident enough to post this in Somebody's gotta buy this stone! But beau-wy ,an eBay seller whose offerings I periodically check out, recently listed this amethyst & I think it looks better than most I've seen on eBay. So I thought I'd post it here, so that anyone who's looking for an amethyst might have the benefit of the collective wisdom offered here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brazil-amethyst-USA-cut-Siberian-color-6-65-carats-/121276742757

_15178.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I think it's a nice ammy, MM. Might darken some in low light but it's got good color & saturation & nice red flashes, looks well cut. At the least, it's one I'd like enough to buy & see IRL. His prices seem surprisingly low to me -- is this usual for him?

This vendor has been mentioned here occasionally -- but eBay & Toohaus list NO feedback in the last 12 months. Any idea what's up? Kind of puzzling.

--- Laurie

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dunno... what I've noticed of his merchandise is what I'd consider fairly priced, not surprisingly low (but since I was out of the colored gems-jewelry market for quite awhile, I've been experiencing a fair amount of sticker shock in the past 8 months!).

In addition to the feedback info ChrisA222 has posted, I did a search here before e-mailing him in November about a stone that interested me; that showed he is a PS member who has contributed to the forum
https://www.pricescope.com/community/search/
and that the PS'ers who have purchased stones from him seemed to be "happy campers."

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the cut and color.
having said that, well, my experience in having ordered and returned a fair share of amethyst is that it is always darker in person.......although I have never done business with this particular vendor my guess is that it will be darker than pictured. I like it well enough that I think I'd give it a try, especially if he has a good return policy. no return policy? hopefully, I'd like it well enough to set as a pendant or part of another pendant project.

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a 1.11 ct paraiba tourmaline from him about two years ago for $40. I thought his photos were accurate, the price fair, and I love the stone.DSC05099.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
"
Exquisite faceting by USA professional gem cutter Daniel Stair. Natural spinel from Tanzania. This 6.4x4.8 octagon brilliant cut gem weighs 1.05 carats, and has absolutely perfect polish and proportions. Gem is medium-light purplish blue in sunlight, and bluish purple under fluorescents. Gem has great brilliance and dispersion. It is completely eyeclean. Really great brilliance and dispersion. First pic is from the cutter, the remainder are mine in direct and indirect sunlight.

A family illness requires I liquidate my 30 year inventory, and I will be selling thousands of valuable, quality stones in the coming year, many starting at $0.99, all with no-questions-asked, money back guarantee. Add me to your favorites, and check out my other auctions! I will be selling hundreds of tourmalines from Brazil, Namibia, Afghanistan and Nigeria, in pink, purple, red, rubellite, blue, green, indicolite and more, other gems too! Win several and save on postage! Not sure? Check my feedback, I'm very proud of it - 13 years and thousands of transactions on eBay, and still a 100% feedback rating! "

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beay-wy is a good man and an honest vendor. But as an ebay seller, I do think its time for him to drop that line about "A family illness requires I liquidate my 30 year inventory, and I will be selling thousands of valuable, quality stones in the coming year." It might have been true at one point, but he has had that tag line for years now and it reads like the proverbial "going out of business" sale sign that some businesses seem to have in their store windows for years without actually going out of business...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1393098855|3620749 said:
I think it's a nice ammy, MM. Might darken some in low light but it's got good color & saturation & nice red flashes, looks well cut. At the least, it's one I'd like enough to buy & see IRL. His prices seem surprisingly low to me -- is this usual for him?

This vendor has been mentioned here occasionally -- but eBay & Toohaus list NO feedback in the last 12 months. Any idea what's up? Kind of puzzling.

--- Laurie

He actually posts here too occasionally. I bought an Afghan tourmaline from him a few years ago. It was very nice for what I paid.

Brazilian amethyst tends to be very flat in color though. I prefer African and Uruguayan material.

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
I've bought from Beau on eBay as well. I was very happy with my purchase for the price I paid, and he's a nice guy with a good return policy. He has sent many pieces of rough to Dan Stair for faceting, so the pictures taken by Dan suffer from the same issues that people have complained about in the past with Dan's stones (meaning, his pics may not be entirely accurate, but pretty close). Luckily, Beau often provides extra pics.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That's weird about feedback. I must have put in the member no. wrong. Anyway, nice paraiba, Pokerface! I'm jealous. Good to hear good things about this vendor.

--- Laurie

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread reminds me to check the pinned vendor thread. If he's not up there yet, Beau-wy on ebay should be added and I will see to it that he is. :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beau has now been added to the pinned thread of ebay vendors. I know that he is also active on FB, but does anyone know if he sells anywhere else, like if he has his own website? I would link that as well if I knew of one...

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
This is a dangerous, dangerous site to frequent! I got tempted by one of his other stones, an 0.80 red spinel, and just purchased it. Low price, high color, good return policy and that little red demon at my ear telling me I should have one of each red stone, just for comparison's sake. This one didn't cost a lot more than the fire opal the demon told me about a few weeks ago......

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results