shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting for padparadscha

kellyb727

Rough_Rock
Just purchased this pad for my 25th anniversary and would like your thoughts for the setting (sorry about the thumb in the shot!) 1.91 carat cushion cut. image_1947.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kellyb727|1403958244|3702723 said:
Just purchased this pad for my 25th anniversary and would like your thoughts for the setting (sorry about the thumb in the shot!) 1.91 carat cushion cut. image_1947.jpg

It depends on what you like and your budget. I always like three stone rings for cushions, with trillions, but you may not like more traditional settings. Do you??? I also like those butterfly rings with marquise diamonds on the side.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Can you put up more photos? It looks delicious! I want to see more!

What style of setting do you like? Modern or more traditional? The shape & size are great for a wide variety of treatments. I'd love it in a 3-stone, maybe with baguettes or smaller cushions. You could go with a shank w/melee & no other accent stones, split shank, halo, just about anything. Where did you find such a super anniversary present? :love:

--- Laurie

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where is everyone finding these glorious padparadschas?!?!

MOAR PICS! :appl:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and to answer your actual question ( :oops: ) I think this would look gorgeous in a simple three stone ring. 18k yellow gold, diamond trapezoid side stones.

kellyb727

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the input! I purchased this online directly from a gem cutter, took close to a year to find just the right one. I was thinking about halos or possibly antique-inspired setting since I'm not usually a fan of the three stone rings, but I have seen some recently that also look nice. Here's an up close pic.....image_1952.jpg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A three stone setting would be really pretty. Either tapered baguettes, pears or half moons would be beautiful. Also, doubling baguettes on each side give a lot of bang for the buck for a little less money.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pad is gorgeous. It is a great color. I would vote for a 3 stone ring too.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous stone! How about something like this?

_19619.jpg

kellyb727

Rough_Rock
Wow wee athenaworth! Beautiful setting, but I need something I can wear everyday to work etc.... LOVE the Art Deco look though.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the idea of a 3 stone ... Maybe bezeled? I think flanking diamonds or white sapphires would be gorgeous & really make the color of the centered Pad really pop! But if you don't like those, I agree that a pretty halo would be lovely also!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You could always do soemthing like tgal's pad ring or seven stone

_19627.jpg

_19628.jpg

kellyb727

Rough_Rock
I do like the idea of a simple halo with a bezel setting. Are there any problems with bezel setting as far as the stone falling out of the ring as opposed to a prong setting?

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your pad is GORGEOUS!!! And, it appears so well cut! I think it would be beautiful as either a solitaire OR a five stone (with traps and bullets), but it would look amazing no matter how you set it!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somehow I missed this the first time around, but that is one of the prettiest padparadschas I've seen. Really beautiful. Have you set it yet?

treasurehunter

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Three stone with two rectangular antique/vintage cushion modified brilliant diamonds 1/3 of the length either side of the glorious pad ? !

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My all time favorite padparadscha ring is this one, in an antique style, and very ornate Beaudry setting. The setting isn't for everyone, but if you want something ornate, detailed, and blingy, this is fabulous. The gallery work is amazing as well. Check out the link. I also love the idea of two tone metal (in this case, yellow prongs, and white metal for the rest of the ring).

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pad-sapphire-in-new-beaudry-mounting-its-finally-here.63889/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pad-sapphire-in-new-beaudry-mounting-its-finally-here.63889/[/URL]

file.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to pop in and say this stone is stunning.

I wouldn't halo it.... I'd do a vintage art deco ring with baguettes or pave. I'll post what I'm talking about.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1422299242|3822269 said:
I just wanted to pop in and say this stone is stunning.

I wouldn't halo it.... I'd do a vintage art deco ring with baguettes or pave. I'll post what I'm talking about.

Yes! Don't halo it, just set it with traps and baguettes on the side. So beautiful!

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
I love this padparadscha :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl:

Color - shape WOW!!!!

Please larger pics - this is a stone I dream to owe....

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hope Kellyb is still around!

If you are, can we please have more pics of that fantastic stone? Could you share with us who you talked to in order to find it? There are some gorgeous pads, but yours is just out of this world!

kellyb727

Rough_Rock
Sorry, I haven't been on for a while. Will most more pics. No. I didn't set this yet. Thanks for all the great advise.

kellyb727

Rough_Rock
The color is actually more orange than pink IRL. It is sooo difficult to photograph accurately.

_26436.jpg

unnamed__3_0.jpg

unnamed__4_1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results