shape
carat
color
clarity

semi-gift for Christmas

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My blue tanzanite from Liza has been set.

It is gorgeous. I asked the jeweler to take photos but IRL there is no trace of purple, only dark blue. I shall try to capture it tomorrow, I do not know which light should be used for tanzanites.

tanspen333.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So... real life shots and neck shots are on me.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy cow, crasru! It's gorgeous! I really want a tanzanite-- I just wish they weren't so expensive :(sad . Yours looks like it was worth every penny!

Looking forward to your pictures.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Crasru!! That is really stunning, and I'm not a huge fan of tanzanite, but if I had to have one, it would be that stone. I love the setting too.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
GASP, Crasru! It's a knockout! What are the specs on the tanzanite? Beautiful!

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous! Glad you have the jeweller’s pictures to show us.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, dear fellows! Today I am going to make my own neck shots, but they are going to be "blouse shots". This chain is too short, so the stone sits very high on the neck (not pretty), and my other WG chain is very long (photos look as if they were made by a voyer). :lol: So I put on a blouse and I am off to make more.

JF - I do not know the stats. I know it weighs approx. 4.5 cts but I do not remember the dimensions. It is a square cushion, I think the sides are between 9 and 10 mm. Perhaps Lisa will chime in if she sees this thread. But the stone is noticeable, dark-blue and appears velvety. Best stones have either neon, or rose petal quality - this one is rose petal.

Chrono - I asked the jeweler to make photos, but they use different light so the stones often come out more violet than they really are. I have noticed it when my appraiser took a photo of Jeff White's sapphire in a ring.

This stone looks well in all types of light. I am glad that I did not choose a "fancier" setting like I usually do because it does not need any.

I consider this pendant one of my best gem projects of 2010.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Crasru, your pendant is absolutely gorgeous! :appl:

The color is beautiful and I love the size! It looks like your jeweler did a wonderful job with the setting too. I can't wait to see more pictures! :love:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK here are my very bad photos, not even "neck" but "blouse". It will take me a few days to order a longer chain, and this one is very short for me. Sorry. But I wanted you to see the color. The pics were taken in my office, in very dim light of a fluorescent lamp. There is one taken in a fluo/incadenscent light combo. The chain is so short that the pendant is lopsided, but sorry, I wanted you to see the photos. Maybe later I shall post better photos in "shades of blue".

This one is with fluor light far back, and incadescent light in front of me.

tanzpen111.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't remember and can not tell. Likely, incadescent. It never turns purple.

tanzpen333.JPG

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crasru - a Tanzanite should not turn purple (ie colour shift). However Tanzanite is dichroic or trichroic depending on who you speak to and whether they believe the heating process changes the properties of the stone or not BUT whatever it is, Tanzanite will always exhibit more than one colour and will (typically) have flashes of purples or pinks or reds. If you look at it in all different lights and turn the stone slowly you should be able to see the gorgeous purple explosions!

It's a very pretty gemstone and will look lovely on the longer chain as you say. I hope you get much enjoyment from wearing it.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huge thanks to Baby Nurse, TL, Lovinggems, JF, Chrono.
Autumngems - the stone was cut by Lisa Elser.
Special thanks to Precisiongem for kind explanations.
Thank you, Burberrygirl, you are nice, as usual.
Loving Diamonds - after I read your explanation, I went to the source of incandescent light and started playing with the stone. It did show some purple at a certain angle but very, very little. Either the maximum of the spectrum was still closer to the "blue" spectrum, or the fluo light interfered. Honestly, I have seen only blue although apparently it is purple, too, given the jeweler's photo. Sorry for poor photos, I know your pet peeve with pendants on sweaters, I guess I did not walk far away from this concept, did I? I just did not like the chain sitting in the middle of the neck. Among other things, I am going to order a longer chain.
Herekittykitty and artdecogirl, thank you for viewing and your compliments.

And the biggest thank you goes to Lisa.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous pendant! I love the color of that stone.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
crasru|1294378177|2816480 said:
Huge thanks to Baby Nurse, TL, Lovinggems, JF, Chrono.
Autumngems - the stone was cut by Lisa Elser.
Special thanks to Precisiongem for kind explanations.
Thank you, Burberrygirl, you are nice, as usual.
Loving Diamonds - after I read your explanation, I went to the source of incandescent light and started playing with the stone. It did show some purple at a certain angle but very, very little. Either the maximum of the spectrum was still closer to the "blue" spectrum, or the fluo light interfered. Honestly, I have seen only blue although apparently it is purple, too, given the jeweler's photo. Sorry for poor photos, I know your pet peeve with pendants on sweaters, I guess I did not walk far away from this concept, did I? I just did not like the chain sitting in the middle of the neck. Among other things, I am going to order a longer chain.
Herekittykitty and artdecogirl, thank you for viewing and your compliments.

And the biggest thank you goes to Lisa.

Crasru - are you confusing me with somebody else? No pet peeve about pendants on sweaters here (in fact I happen to be sporting one today)! :bigsmile: I adore a polo neck (hope that translates ok - a jumper with a high neck up to your ears if the translation isn't correct :D ) with a stunning pendant around the neckline! I can see you wearing a black sweater with your new pendant glowing at the neckline!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LovingDiamonds|1294419736|2816736 said:
crasru|1294378177|2816480 said:

Crasru - are you confusing me with somebody else? No pet peeve about pendants on sweaters here (in fact I happen to be sporting one today)! :bigsmile: I adore a polo neck (hope that translates ok - a jumper with a high neck up to your ears if the translation isn't correct :D ) with a stunning pendant around the neckline! I can see you wearing a black sweater with your new pendant glowing at the neckline!

LD - sorry - maybe it was someone else. I think it is not a polo neck, something like a turtleneck, probably, but now they say "high-collar sweater" I think. The chain of this pendant is so short (do they have 14" length? I do not think it is even 16"). It would fit a long, white, graceful neck of a geisha (the Japanese used to appreciated long, graceful white necks; I would be considered the ugliest person among them, and MTG or Diva-Diva would probably have the whole Japan at their feet =) . In my case, it just cuts across the neck, leaving a red mark. But longer chains are inexpensive so I shall be fine.

What are you wearing today?

Kismet - thank you. Your compliments mean a lot to me given your new gorgeous pendant.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crasru - a 14" chain would garrotte most people! I don't blame you for looking for a longer chain. I prefer a 16" for most pendants but I know people like to wear them longer as well.

I'm wearing a high neck short knitted dress in taupe with black horiztonal stripes that are different widths down the dress, it has long sleeves and falls above the knee. I've then got thick black tights and knee high, high heel black boots. Around the neck I have a white gold daisy pendant (with gold centre) on a white gold chain. To be honest, yellow gold looks better with the look but I put on my jewellery in a rush today and couldn't be bothered to root out all my y/gold matching items!!!!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds stylish!

And here is another photo of my pendant. Light does not favor me, but then, I do not have that much light at my work!

tanzpenliz111.JPG

lelser

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Wow! Lisa finally saw the thread :)

This one is 4.08cts, and 9x9.37mm so it's just a bit out of square, but I wanted as much stone as I could get.

Congratulations on the pendant - it look amazing.

Lisa
www.lisaelser.com

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisa, thank you! You never cease to amaze me with your stones... I think my biggest stones come from you. I should start a new "Liza"s" thread.

I love the stone, wear it every day, and everyone thinks it is a sapphire!

Lifecracker - thank you so much for your compliments.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results