shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick, Kenny, while it's still Cyber Monday!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, thanks, I saw that.
I'd LOVE to grab it . . . but $49,500 for 0.23 ct? ;(

I have a few other Leibish FCDs under consideration tonight. :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something:

Frankly even though its color saturation is weaker I prefer my 0.26 ct Fancy Intense Green Old European Cut Round.
Besides the fantastic cut and resulting light performance, I like its color better.
The hue itself looks fresher and cleaner to me.
Also its color distribution is more even without any of the color zoning so common in even some of the most expensive natural green diamonds.

Greens get their color from long term contact with radioactive material in the earth and often the color does not reach very far into the body of the stone.
Since greens often have color only at the skin, even in the hands of the most skilled cutter greens can end up with uneven color after polishing. :wink2:

444.png

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that green OEC really pretty--both the color and cut. I think that's only the 2nd time I've had that reaction to a FCD. It's just darn pretty and perfect looking. I love it.

The first time was seeing Kenny's turquoise pear. Amazing.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Your green is spectacular, kenny.
The photos you have taken of your FCDs are amazing at showing the life of your stones, I can just imagine how alive they are in person!
Your collect gave me a whole new appreciation of FCDs that I never really had before...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, these two pics of my green were taken by Leibish so they may be a fair comparison with the Leibish pic of the new Fancy Vivid Green Radiant that the OP posted.

Actually, I just spoke to Leibish's photographer on the phone.
He happened to answer when I was inquiring about some FCDs for Cyber Monday.

I complimented him on how accurate the colors of his FCD pics are.
Since I also attempt FCD pics I appreciate how challenging it is to accurately capture the color of FCDs, especially green.
FCDs are all chameleons in that they are constantly changing how they look with environment and lighting.
It is easy and tempting to use photography to make them look better than real life.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know its all about color, but I agree and much prefer your 26 pointer - it certainly puts that other one to shame. The color distribution is really uneven and what's with the dark mark, is that an eye visible inclusion?

My vote is orange, orange, orange! :love: (I know you have one already, but as far as I'm concerned, no one can have enough orange!)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a newborn green diamond this morning.
Like mine GIA graded it Fancy Intense Green, but it is considerably more saturated.
I am often surprised how wide GIA's FCD grades are compared to how close they are on the D-Z scale.

Notice on the side view you can see one of those all-important brown naturals on the lower part of the girdle.
I hear GIA needs those to determine whether the green is natural or the result of treatment.

http://www.fancydiamonds.net/view_diamonds/5738.htm

0greeeeen.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results