shape
carat
color
clarity

QUICK HELP Needed - 4.46 unheated Sapphire

Monique04

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I haven't posted here much at all, but do read forms here often.. mostly diamond one though.

I don't know much at all about coloured stones and just want some quick advice on what to do.
I had 2nd chance offer on e-bay item ( 2nd highest bidder).. I put in what a bit that I thought was low and didn't think I would win. But now that there is actually chance to get item I have absolutely no clue about value/price of item.

GIA Report Number: 2175117014

Unheated Sapphire 4.46 carat

9.38 x 6.08 x 7.65

Colour: Violetish Blue
No Indications of Heating

Stone is on an actual ring so description of : one stone loose in report is for other stones on ring.

Price = $ 2,600 +13 shipping USD$

http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?reportno=2175117014&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&pagename=GIA%2FDispatcher&c=Page&cid=1355990168790

So if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated... I don't have a lot of time to accept offer as I got it yesterday or day before but have been too busy at work and just saw it last night. I think it expires in 48hrs or somthing.

S

SparkliesLuver

Is the image in the report pretty accurate for what you saw on the listing?

_623.png

S

SparkliesLuver

Wow. Those two are very different. No video, I assume?

Can you say no or are you just trying to figure out a new price to offer?

From my eyes, it doesn't seem that well cut. The dimensions are great though so it would most likely be a candidate for a re-cut, if you love the color and stone overall. For an unheated stone, my guess is the color is probably closest to the one on the certificate. But that's my novice two cents. I'd probably offer a little lower, if you could. Not sure what the exact situation is since I don't use eBay.

Hoping someone else chimes in soon!

Monique04

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your help!

There is no video.

I can only accept the offer or decline. I can't offer less. I also think cut is not good, but can alway be fixed for a bit. I just don't really know much about price or value for coloured stones.

Its not an item I absolutely MUST have. I would eventually want to get a large-ish Sapphire stone (3+ carats) but also don't want to spend a crazy amount on it (heated or unheated). But its no rush.. I can wait few years before I purchase.

Monique04

Rough_Rock
As for the colour.. I like the lighter blue sapphires so I'm okay with it. I also think its closer to GIA report in real life.
I like the light-mid blue with GREEN untones most, but I think the violet ones okay too.. I'm not too picky, just don't like them overly dark

S

SparkliesLuver

Monique04 said:
As for the colour.. I like the lighter blue sapphires so I'm okay with it. I also think its closer to GIA report in real life.
I like the light-mid blue with GREEN untones most, but I think the violet ones okay too.. I'm not too picky, just don't like them overly dark

Knowing this, I'd hold off, especially for several thousand dollars - you can afford to be picky, IMHO. :) But that's just me! Good luck with your decision. Let us know what you do!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be very concerned on the fracture or feather of the stone (on the left side of what is pictured). For that reason alone I would not buy.

eastjavaman

Shiny_Rock
LisaRN|1432948879|3882866 said:
I would be very concerned on the fracture or feather of the stone (on the left side of what is pictured). For that reason alone I would not buy.

Lisa is right, it seems like a fracture on the side. Do be careful if you plan to buy and have it recut.

Stones do turn darker in a setting, so the color just might be right for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results