shape
carat
color
clarity

purple sapphire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coolguynamek

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

Can anybody let me know how exactly purple sapphire looks like. In which type of color is seen these types of stones. I have gone through many websites but there are no purple sapphires of more than 5 carats. I want to see some big purple sapphires images how it looks like ? plz let me know some information about this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty much every shade of purple from light to dark.
From purple to blueish with a purple undertone.
There is a huge variation.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, what you are looking for does not sound too common. So it may help to order one and let your jeweler search. It is unlikely that a glorious piece like that will make it online.

Thm_U-93200451641PM_7.12_front.jpg
Thm_U-813200460126PM_4.74_front.jpg
Thm_U-823200460056PM_4.78_front.jpg
Thm_U-422200490309AM_5.391S.jpg

I find it funny that purple sapphire is judged against the color of amethyst - a stone times less expensive. But this is so - the closer to amethyst purple, the better. Not sure why muddy pink and off-blue sapphire is called "purple"... The two to the right would be "purple" to me, the others... at least not in these pictures, who knows... The four come from HERE.

There is more off the bat:

b_ysa306aa.jpg
b_zasa1102a.jpg
b_zasa1091g.jpg

And a smaller piece on the reddish side of purple you may like as much as I:

b_zasa1056aa.jpg

The last three pieces would be dead on puple to me, and they are all Tudury sapphire... from HERE

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could not know how good these images are to show their subjects. However, it appears to me that color change sapphire shows the best purple color - when it is not looking blue, that is. Here''s what I mean:

CCs.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock

Here's a picture of my purple sapphire.

(Well, it's purple indoors, anyway!
1.gif
)

3ct color change sapphire.

widget

(edited to add: Rats...my picture diidn't post
7.gif
I give up)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With just color in mind, the bit below looksjust so:
s50.jpg
but it would ned to grow allot before qualifying to your demands, this is less than 1 carat
7.gif

A 3 carat piece (link) comes close, as far as my laptop''s understanding of color allows:

343.jpg

There must be much more around, and each seller of those mentioned may have better choices in their vault. I would try...

coolguynamek

Rough_Rock
Thanx for your pic posting. Very nice to look at it.
what can be the cost of purple sapphire of more than 5 carats?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
just like blues they are all shades---however i believe that they really arent pure purple--they have greens and brown undertones. walter arnstein has a magnificent square purple unheated asscher cut sapphire

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/21/2004 2:16:49 AM
Author: coolguynamek

what can be the cost of purple sapphire of more than 5 carats?
The stones above cover a serious range of prices. As windowshopper says, the perfect purple with decent saturation is something of a pin in a haystack. Bar such a illusive, amthyste-like specimen, the blue/violet and color changers seem to be the most expensive though - comparable with blue sapphire of similar quality.
You can always go down the links and inspect. "Nice" may not mean all that tremendously expensive, IMO.

Anyway, here''s one more. Looks like one impressive bargain to me:

VioletStar.JPG

coolguynamek

Rough_Rock
How about this sapphire . Its very really nice sapphire from awesomegems.com I like these types of sapphires very rare to see large once.

purplegems.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/22/2004 8:26:49 AM
Author: coolguynamek
How about this sapphire . Its very really nice sapphire from awesomegems.com I like these types of sapphires very rare to see large once.
Isn''t it way small ? I cannot tell from that photo if the respective stone is not rather dark. Perhaps not...

The different shades of color suggest some zoning or color change - not a problem for a small stone, but definitely something to consider for over 5cts, I would say
34.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's tempting to believe that nothing is worth attention but the "best of the best" by everyones' thought. Especially when gems are supposed to sit in your desk drawer - to look at, not to wear. For looks alone, allot more makes perfect sense. In this case, it would be lilac versus plums
2.gif

453br.jpg

coolguynamek

Rough_Rock
Hello,

What can be the cost of that 10 carats purple sapphire from ceylon. Looks very impressive
21.gif
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results