shape
carat
color
clarity

Purple Sapphire or Purple Irradiated Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

derrickang

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I''m looking to buy a round purple sapphire or a purple irradiated diamond. I''m looking for something about the equivalent of 1 ct diamond (Sapphires are more dense). Does anyone know a good place to get a good gem? The shape and color means that they are hard to find. I''ve seen some purple sapphires before, but they were always oval. The purple diamond had visible inclusions, which is unacceptable for an engagement ring.

Also, how much should this thing cost?

I''d appreciate any help you guys had.

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
The natural sapphire Company is a good place to start. If you google natural sapphire it usually comes up. Another is cherrypicked.com

derrickang

Rough_Rock
I''ve been to The Natural Sapphire Store and Cherrypicked. I was thinking of something off the beaten path. Also, where to find Purple Irradiated Diamonds?

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
strmrdr made a list- search "my gemstone links"

maxspinel

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/26/2006 6:40:29 PM
Author:derrickang
Hi,

I''m looking to buy a round purple sapphire or a purple irradiated diamond. I''m looking for something about the equivalent of 1 ct diamond (Sapphires are more dense). Does anyone know a good place to get a good gem? The shape and color means that they are hard to find. I''ve seen some purple sapphires before, but they were always oval. The purple diamond had visible inclusions, which is unacceptable for an engagement ring.
I have a 3.0 ct pear shape purple sapphire which I bought long time ago. It is very sparkly; however, almost everyone has mistaken it for amethyst. That is why people are telling me that the demand for purple sapphires is not as high compared to other fancy colors because amethyst is a very affordable stone with comparabe color, even though the refractive index is different.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results