shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll: Next setting project, hot pink, violet or green?

What project should Freke do next?

• Hot pink Mahenge and diamond ring

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Violet spinel three stone

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Tsavorite and diamond ring

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I seem to be paralyzed by indecision at the moment, and I figured some PSer opinions would be perfect to help me make a decision! I have been trying to come to a decision on this for months at this point!

I've attached pictures of the options below.

Option 1: Hot pink Mahenge spinel and diamond ring. Pretty simple, just bezeled. Silver
Option 2: Violet spinel three stone. Stones by Peter Torraca and Barry Bridgestock, custom prong setting, 18kt white gold
Option 3: 6.5mm Barry tsavorite (nicknamed The Green Goblin) with diamond sidestones (pictured in it's previous baguette setting), 14kt white gold

This is my first poll, so I hope it comes out ok! Please feel free to vote, and or leave comments as to why you chose the option you did!

Thank you!

green_goblin.jpg

mahenge_5.jpg

purple_spinels6.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I just voted for the spinels because I'd like to see a 3-stone with CS the same color! The side stones are such a funky shape too, I dig it!

AshleyParker

Rough_Rock
The green goblin looks perfect for me, i love it! It's so shiny, and green. I vote for it.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Of course my vote is for the Mahenges. Drooooool

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Posting a picture of the intended design for Green Goblin might sway the vote one way or another. :Up_to_something:

Purples are my second choice.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for the spinels!
Hehe, nice to see the green goblin is finding a nice home.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Those spinels!!! I can't even locate one in that color and you have 3? Come one they look so grey,you should sell them to me.

Sakag

Rough_Rock
Triple spinel! I'd love to see a CS with sides the same color!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went for the mahenge & Diamond - its just so beautiful! I could see that set, classic, simple, silver... ah... beautiful!!! I like that...

but if I were allowed a second choice- TOTALLY all over the spinel 3 stone!! WOW I'd love to see that combination set - I love the asscher cut in the centre - that would really be striking!!

You are doing all 3, you're just debating which to do next? is that the plan??

All would be gorgeous - good luck Freke!! Are you going with DanielM? You have made some AMAZING pieces from him! I really love the pink/purple (??spinel??) dangles that you had made to go on studs - I was just on etsy earlier today and stopped to flip thru those pics!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spinels, spinels, spinels! They are stunning and I'm already drooling.

Btw, LOVE the cool inclusions in the Green Goblin.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
At NKOTB's request, a picture of Green Goblin and it's diamonds. I had to space them out a little bit so the diamonds would stay put in the box.

tsavorite_setting_idea.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
OTL|1361233779|3383674 said:
Those spinels!!! I can't even locate one in that color and you have 3? Come one they look so grey,you should sell them to me.
Well, in reality, they are close-ish, but still three very different colors. I purchased all three of them secondhand, from two different people.

In the original picture, the left is more periwinkle, the middle is quite violet and the right is more grape jelly. Attaching another picture that is grayer, but gives a better idea of the variety of colors.

1235107.jpg

barry_purple_cushion.jpg

pt_asscher.jpg

3_0.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Liz, is one of the side spinels darker than the other? Do you think that will be noticeable?

The tsav and his brood of diamonds (can males have broods or is that only a female thing?) looks awesome. I could see some nice milgraining...oh sorry, that's the ring I want!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1361236489|3383750 said:
I went for the mahenge & Diamond - its just so beautiful! I could see that set, classic, simple, silver... ah... beautiful!!! I like that...

but if I were allowed a second choice- TOTALLY all over the spinel 3 stone!! WOW I'd love to see that combination set - I love the asscher cut in the centre - that would really be striking!!

You are doing all 3, you're just debating which to do next? is that the plan??

All would be gorgeous - good luck Freke!! Are you going with DanielM? You have made some AMAZING pieces from him! I really love the pink/purple (??spinel??) dangles that you had made to go on studs - I was just on etsy earlier today and stopped to flip thru those pics!!
Thanks Enerchi!

Yes, I'll be doing all three of these, but it'll probably take some time for me to save up the money. So it's just a question of which one is next!

Edit: Yes, Daniel M!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1361240267|3383852 said:
Liz, is one of the side spinels darker than the other? Do you think that will be noticeable?

The tsav and his brood of diamonds (can males have broods or is that only a female thing?) looks awesome. I could see some nice milgraining...oh sorry, that's the ring I want!
Yeah, it probably will be, but I don't care. Lol. I just love all three together, and it's not like I'm going to be able to find another 5mm purple spinel cushion that matches better (I'd drive Barry NUTS trying) so I'm kind of glad they are all quite different, but still similar. It's a celebration of purple! Is that silly?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
mmm that celebration of purple (jelly) makes my mouth drool even more with the new pics! The green goblin proposed setting is AMAZING though too. I don't think you can go wrong with either now!!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
My first inclination was to vote for the purple spinels, but then I remembered it is the year for all things green! But they're all awesome, you can't go wrong.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Green Goblin because the design looks well planned out.

smurfett_333

Rough_Rock
FrekeChild|1361239608|3383829 said:
At NKOTB's request, a picture of Green Goblin and it's diamonds. I had to space them out a little bit so the diamonds would stay put in the box.

:love: :love: :love:
This one for sure!!! The layout looks absolutely stunning!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
athenaworth|1361242226|3383897 said:
Damnit! I want to change my vote!
I made it so you can!!!

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
Definitely vote for the Violet spinel! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results