shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help with alexandrite e-ring

eringhunter101

Rough_Rock
I am going to engage next year, and I have not have any e-ring yet. Am I still confuse with this alexandrite stone. Help me :pray:

I found this great website and I have been going through this website for a while. However, it confuse me one this synthetic material.

In this page:
http://www.alexandrite.net/chapters/chapter7/index.html
he said: "Czochralski or pulled alexandrite is easier to identify because it is so clean. Curved striations visible with magnification are a dead give away. The color change in pulled stones has seen change from blue to red. Although the stones look nice, the colour change doesn´t resemble alexandrite from any deposit."

However, on the other page:
http://www.alexandrite.net/chapters/chapter9/index.html
he said: "Exceptional stones from the Hematita deposit show a blue primary hue and a greenish secondary hue when exposed to daylight."

Please help, and thanks a bunch :pray:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds like synthetic would be pure blue - a color I've never seen in natural alex - whereas Hematita is a teal or a greenish blue color. This is consistent with my own experience and my Hematita alex. I hope that helps.

Cognition

Rough_Rock
agree with minousbijoux

One more advise, you should not expect your alex to have a fine ruby red. Fine alex will change to amethyst purple or purple-red.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The keys words with the Brazilian Alex are "primary hue". This is not saying that you'll see only blue. It's saying that you MAY well see some blue in the stone in the daylight colour. Typically as Minous has already said, this will present itself as a teal colour.

Unfortunately if you haven't seen any Alex in person, it would be very difficult to differentiate a synthetic from a natural.

Cognition

Rough_Rock
correct me if I am wrong, but this is as blue as you can get in alexandrite. a blue-green daylight color

_33636.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results