shape
carat
color
clarity

Please HELP - Purple Spinel

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,

I have a colleague who wants to buy a cushion cut purple spinel to mount as a pendant. She has a specific color in mind - not to "amethysty". I am including a color inspiration image of one that she loves.
Her budget is about $300. If you can help me help her, I'd appreciate it!
purp_spinel.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a Barry blue spinel. Why not contact Barry himself to see what he has available?

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Chrono,

Thank you! I will do that! In the meantime, does anyone else have any suggestions?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sphenequeen|1378493756|3515801 said:
Hi All,

I have a colleague who wants to buy a cushion cut purple spinel to mount as a pendant. She has a specific color in mind - not to "amethysty". I am including a color inspiration image of one that she loves.
Her budget is about $300. If you can help me help her, I'd appreciate it!
purp_spinel.jpg

That's a very greyish purple spinel, is that the color she likes?

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
TL - yes, that is the color she likes. I put the image up since that is her inspiration stone. I contacted Barry and included a photo of this stone, but he does not have anything like this.
Again, she is looking for a cushion cut. She is going to set it E/W in a pendant.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1378580758|3516331 said:
fwiw, I personally love that stone... :praise:

YES! That stone is great but it is not available. I bet she would consider that cut if it were. :tongue:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
There is a nice and budget-friendly option on DB if she's open to an oval rather than a cushion.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Xiriah|1378613818|3516599 said:
I'm not sure if that's the spinel I used to own (then resold to Frekechild, whom I think set it then resold it later on.) Sometimes I kick myself for selling that one because the color was the most lovely periwinkle/lilac and I haven't seen Barry cut many spinels in that color lately. ;(

Anyways, how about this one from Gemrite? http://www.gemrite.com/collections/gems/products/purple-spinel-1-83-cts

Going to pass this onto her!

And jstar... Going to check out DB!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Cool! It's on the first page - not sure if I'm allowed to link from here considering it's not the pre-loved forum.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results