shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of the finished product - sapphire right hand ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

candide1313

Rough_Rock

So I have been lurking to try to build a great sapphire three stone right hand ring for my wife. I spoke with many of the gemstone dealers frequently discussed on this board. I ended up going B&M, to a very well respected jeweller in the DC area. It is a place my family has used for 20 years. I would say I got a decent but not amazing deal, by the standards of many deal hunters on this board.

She decided on cushion cut center sapphire, with cushion cut diamond sides. I knew I wanted the center stone to have a maximum dimension of about 9mm. I went through many stones, and then decided on one. I called her into the store, and she went a totally different direction with the setting/ bagged the three stone idea. Her ering is a three stone ring (amazing ring by Mark Morrell). So I actually ended up feeling that not going with the three stone ring for the right hand was a good choice, and a nice contrast.

Below is the ring on her hand!! Sorry for the poor pictures. Just the "excitement time" pictures from today - can get better ones later. The center stone is a Ceylon sapphire, 2.9 carats cushion cut. I wanted a nice blue, but not very dark. I wanted it dark enough to still be assumed to be a sapphire, but not so dark that it would die indoors. The band is platinum (not Mark Morrell

7.gif
). Diamonds on the bezel and ring don''t show up great in the photos - but are quite nice.

I think it looks great on her and am very happy.

sapphirering13.jpg

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Holy moly - that is GORGEOUS!!!! Congrats on putting together such a beautiful piece - she''s one lucky wife!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. What a great husband you are, and thanks for coming and showing off that gorgeous ring.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you did great!! Gorgeous ring. If those are bad pictures, I''m dying to see what the "good" pictures look like!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

candide1313

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the kind comments. I am happy that she loves it. And no doubt I will also get a selfish kick out of other''s reactions to it (as I do with her Mark Morrell ering).

The funny thing is, I just this second had one of those value hunter self-satisfied moments when I looked at a ring on tiffany.com that is not very different (the one on Tiffany has a sapphire which is 0.2 carats bigger, and I am sure is a better cut, better color, etc)...... and the one on tiffany.com is 25,000 more than I paid.
36.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! That is very pretty... do you have a brother?? LOL!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That''s a beautiful ring and gorgeous sapphire. You did good!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!! I can''t wait to see more pics!!!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! What a nice shade of blue!
30.gif
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring.

brendaman

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring! More pics, please!! I''m from DC area, as well. Would you mind sharing which jeweler in DC?

We''re in the process of purchasing my sapphire e-ring.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a beautiful ring and a gorgeous sapphire! Your wife is very lucky.
36.gif

candide1313

Rough_Rock
Thank you again to everyone for the positive remarks!! Only amongst friends like those on PS can we really brag. Here is a somewhat better closeup. And below, just for fun, is the ring being held on my favorite Buddha statue (I know the Buddhist concept of emptiness and this ring sort of clash ;-) )

Brendaman - it is from Boone and Sons. Very reputable place with excellent stuff. Don''t be shocked by the prices when you first walk in. I worked this deal like a good PS person would, and kept pushing until they ordered me a stone in my price range.

ringcloseup1313.jpg

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
That is a drop-dead beautiful ring - the sapphire is amazing and I think the setting shows it off to perfection.
36.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

Great job - and lucky wife! My husband is too scared to buy me jewellery...
15.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a beautiful ring and the color is amazing!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is absolutely STUNNING! Great pictures!!! The color is just PHENOMINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good heavens, that''s stunning! Very well done!
36.gif

candide1313

Rough_Rock
Thank you again to everyone for the kind comments. She has worn it now several times, and she enjoys it immensely. The comments from friends have also been terrific
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results