shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of my 5.47ct Morganite~Setting ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
Arrived via FedEx yesterday!!! Here are the specs I have:

Color: AAA Champagne Pink
Weight: 5.47cts
Clarity: IF
Treatment: None
Type: Natural
Shape: AAA Oval Cut
Size: 13.01x10.34x7.23mm
Luster: Sparkling
Origin: Brazil

I really want to set this like Katie Holmes engagement ring...or maybe more familiar to PSer''s ThreepWood''s ring! - ThreepWood, please post your ring pics in here if you stop by.....!!! Does anyone have any recommendations for a jeweler that can do this affordably....or does anybody have any better ideas? Also - any gem-experts in here - does this seem like an okay stone?

JB5.47morganite.jpg

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
Pic of the bottom (sorry about grubby finger prints and dust particles...)

JB5.47morganitebottom.jpg

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
Pic showing relative size on hand...

JB5.47morganiteonhand.jpg

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
One more showing facets...

As for the color IRL it is pretty close to the first pic I posted...(this taking pictures of gems free of fingerprints, dust, and true color is nearly impossible!)

JB5.47morganitefacets.jpg

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
And this is what I want to do with it, with pink diamonds or pink sapphires, and rose gold, white gold and white pave diamonds....is that the accurate description of KH's ring?

ETA: Btw, does *anybody* else have questions about her center stone? I mean IS it a morganite or some other more precious gem...? I mean, imho, it doesn't look like a diamond??? I have not seen one pic where it shines...ever....Even on the first day they announced their proposal - assuming it got clouded with Suri's formula etc, lol?!?!

Attachments

• KHring.gif
    12.7 KB · Views: 295

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
woah!! that is a corker of a stone, really stunning. can''t wait to see how you''re going to set it. is it going to be a RHR?

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
Po, yes, I think so. Right now I have been wearing my e-ring on my right hand and my wedding ring on my left, because they are both three sided I can feel them grating against each other if I wear them together (my DH thinks I am making this up and it''s all in my head, but I swear its not!). For my one yr anniversary, (Nov.) I want to reset the e-ring with a halo (such the debate for me right now). Then, for a RHR the above pics. I don''t have any pink stones on rings - so I am really excited about this and hope I can find a jeweler that can do a great job for a great price...!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Exactly what I have in mind! Where is it from?
30.gif

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
SincereGem(s)...I am taking it (along with few other pieces) to be appraised this weekend. This stone I think I will just ask him to guarantee it is what they say it is, and if not, I will be sending it back! They do full refunds if you''re not satisfied and no "restocking fee" - which, imho, is how some of these places make their money...that and shipping charges...
11.gif

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
Gorgie! And huge!

I''m sure they will get more....it seems like one of those sites where right after you buy the stone, it seems as if there is one better a day later...!

Check this one out if you don''t mind heat treatment:

http://www.gemandgem.com/shop_fullDetails.asp?id=SA0505280003

30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 3:12:53 AM
Author: JenniferB
And this is what I want to do with it, with pink diamonds or pink sapphires, and rose gold, white gold and white pave diamonds....is that the accurate description of KH''s ring?

ETA: Btw, does *anybody* else have questions about her center stone? I mean IS it a morganite or some other more precious gem...? I mean, imho, it doesn''t look like a diamond??? I have not seen one pic where it shines...ever....Even on the first day they announced their proposal - assuming it got clouded with Suri''s formula etc, lol?!?!
That looks like a very light pink diamond to me actually.

4bugzinarug

Shiny_Rock
Even though I am not a huge fan of lighter pink stones, this one is very pretty! The only morganite I have seen is on JTV - so I have no feel for what is "good" and not. But I do like yours! Congrats!
36.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful, Jennifer!!! Have you had it set yet?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a beautiful stone! Congrats! I think it would look lovely in a halo, or even sans halo, claw prongs and a pave''d split shank!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results