shape
carat
color
clarity

Photo Success With Your Help!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Thanks to all who gave suggestions on how to make this nasty tourmaline pose like a good girl. VL & Pete, your ideas really did the trick, but you were all so great to give moral support before I strangled my camera.

Ok, this gives some idea of its color, though it's more peach & coppery, not so spess-orange. These are at least closer than the vendor pic. And nothing will pick up the neon in it, makes my little heart glow as bright as the stone does.

8.9 x 8.9 x 6.8, 3.04 ct. cushion from Steve Wallner.

handshot.jpg

20110219_25.JPG

8211730_C.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Here are all my children, adopted since I ran aground on PS, where the infection I already had found a way to run wild.

--- Laurie

3babies.jpg

2kids.jpg

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
WOW those leaf pictures are GREAT!
They co-operated very nicely for those shots!
Lovely!!! :love: :love: :love:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Oh that is much better. I can see the color is much more complex and lively now with many shades co-mingling the different axes. Way sweet! And Steve's cutting is really nice. Sitting on the leaf even the tilt window looks spectacular and the gold copper orange goes great with the leaf green.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
VL, you said it perfectly. I want to set it similar to MissyDebby's (hope she doesn't mind my re-posting her pic -- wish I had her manicurist too), in yg though. Let it shine out on its own. Plan to halo the blue spinel. In my mind I see minty sidestones with the green tourm but that might get into $$$$$$$. Want something to bring out the blue in it but not darken the whole impression. Doug Menadue has 2 nice 2.5mm yellow sapphires that tempted me but I can't decide if yellow is the right thing. Oh well, plenty of time, no hurry.

--- Laurie

MD.JPG

stci

Ideal_Rock
Well JF... good job... now I'm jealous of your stones AND your pictures! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results